Australian Disney Blog!

You should really consider visiting Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong Disney. Both can be visited on a limited budget if you wait for a good airfare sale, travel to and from the park each day by public transport (i.e. don't stay at or near the parks so accommodation is cheaper) and otherwise monitor your spending on food.

If you budget well, you should be able to do two to three weeks in Japan for around $5,000 with three days at the park. Hong Kong can also be done on a similar budget. And that's not hostel accommodation and McDonalds for all meals. It's 3/4 star hotels and cheap, but "local" meals.

An Australian perspective is great. I'm looking forward to reading more as you write more.

Enjoying your posts and agree with your comments but also agree with Agent 86 and think you should be looking at getting some intermediate 'fixes' in the Asian Disney parks as well - you have to go on holidays now and then even if you get a huge mortgage-right? All 3 destinations have cheap airfare deals, 2 for 1 etc from time to time which is how we have made it to all 3, individually, over the past few years. Good luck and keep posting!

Enjoying your blog - thanks for writing it.

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when the desire to travel and an influx of funds do not match up. I love all travel, not just Disney, and can get some serious FOMO just thinking about all the possibilities that are out there.

For what it's worth though, I wouldn't base your travel plans around what new additions will be coming to the parks, because based on that, you might never go. There will always be new plans and new additions, and the marketing geniuses that are Disney will make each sound bettter than the last.
I briefly considered holding off on my last trip to Orlando when I heard about the plans for the Diagon Alley at Universal and Avatar at Orlando (I can't believe how long Avatar took to come to fruition). At the end of the day though, we went, had a blast (no regrets), and are now planning a return trip in 18 months (over 5 years since the last).
DH is disappointed Star Wars land won't be ready, but we'll get back again one day, hopefully after some of the hype (aka crowds) have died down.

Best wishes with your house purchase and once that's all sorted, best wishes getting back to Disney as quick as possible. :-)

I completely agree with Wanderlust. My first trip to DLR was in 2011. It seemed like most of DCA was shut down for expansions, ready for the grand 're-opening' of DCA the following summer. There were no proper parades in either park, only little mini ones. There were a few things down in DL too. Despite all of that, I had an absolute ball, found no shortage of things to fill in 5 whole days, and it remains one of my very favourite trips to date.

Also agree with Agent 86 and AussieWendy on maybe getting to some of the Asian parks in the meantime. Some years I have got my fix by going on a cheap holiday to SE Asia, and splurging on a couple of days at HKDL on the way back. You could well and truly do this for under $5k for two of you for a week.

I have to agree with all of the other comments. There are always going to be expansions planned. There are always going to be ride closures. There are always going to be different seasonal events of varying levels of uniqueness and interest.

I wouldn't delay a trip simply because a "future" attraction (unless it was only days / weeks away).

When I first went to LA Disneyland in 2012, I *think* it was shortly before Cars land opened. It was possible to see the new land over the barricades and when on some of the other rides. It was disappointing to be there so close to opening, but that's just the way it is. And being at a park close to the opening of an entirely new or revamped land would probably create its own issues in terms of crowds, ride availability and the impact that would have on your overall enjoyment.

Chiming in here, to add a +1 to the comments about not waiting for future attractions. I use the analogy of not buying the new TV/PC/laptop because the next version will have more pixels/ram/battery life. That's the nature of technology and also, at least the next 5+ or so years, will be the future of major theme parks as they go the a rebuilding/redevelopment period.

Before our first Disney trip in 2010, i never dreamed we would be back pretty much every 2 years. Sure much of it has been the same, but we've always had new experiences and the "same" is pretty darn good so we are happy to re-experience it. I really live the slogan that I have on one of my T-shirts " I only go to work so I can go to Disney!"

This last trip we were "peering" over at the Galaxy's Edge development and next time we go it will likely be open, but of an opportunity comes up to go before it, I'll jump at it for sure.

Hope you get there sooner than you think! :)

Congratulations! Blogs are a lot of hard work but they do pay off in the end. Goodness knows there are not enough of them from an Australian point of view. Keep it up. content is key :)

Love the blog, and good luck on the house deposit savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter