Aunty's Free Activities Registration

I wonder if they have factored in the hit to the spa and restaurants? I had planned to book the spa once we knew when DS would be at Auntie’s for the non-paid events. I’m not paying for him to do a paid activity and pay for my spa service on top of that.

And I’m not going to book a spa treatment or dining reservations if there is a risk of no space for DS at the club.

I wonder if they have factored in the hit to the spa and restaurants? I had planned to book the spa once we knew when DS would be at Auntie’s for the non-paid events. I’m not paying for him to do a paid activity and pay for my spa service on top of that.

And I’m not going to book a spa treatment or dining reservations if there is a risk of no space for DS at the club.
They'll let the kids in no matter what if you have a spa treatment scheduled. We had the (no charge) activities booked in conjunction with our spa appointments but didn't account for checking in to the spa early. I assumed it would be no big deal, but of course when we showed up - Aunty's was at capacity. They tried to turn us away at the door, but I bypassed the door person and went to the check in desk anyway. I told them about our appointments and that yes, it was both DH and me, and they actually called the spa to confirm... but they let the kids in. So they must build some wiggle room into the capacity. They weren't messing around with the confirmation part though!

I'm not sure if they'll do that for restaurants though, since that's never going to be adults-only like the spa.

Kids can go in any time from 9-9 pm to roam around and play games..etc. Am I understand this correctly?

Well... sorta. Unless they are renovating/expanding/completely altering their capacity a whole lot - they can and do hit capacity and will close to drop-ins during "open play" care time. They'll put a sign out front and station what is basically a bouncer at the door. It's not like DCL (if you've done that) where they book the ship with a max number of kids in each age group, which completely eliminates the kids club capacity issue. Aunty's is smaller than the DCL kids club spaces, too.

I submitted my online request for pre-registration on Jan 11th. (We arrive March 1st).
They called me yesterday to go over my activities/preferences and then I received an email shortly after with the days/times my kids were registered for.
So, I 'm not sure what is going on but they are definitely still doing pre-bookings!

I submitted my online request for pre-registration on Jan 11th. (We arrive March 1st).
They called me yesterday to go over my activities/preferences and then I received an email shortly after with the days/times my kids were registered for.
So, I 'm not sure what is going on but they are definitely still doing pre-bookings!

The folks who have received that email are all going April or later. You may have just gotten lucky going during the last month that they have the pre-registered activities. It sounds like if you’re going after April you can only register for paid activities in advance.

Does anyone have any further info about this? I just pre-registered for our trip in May and got the same response about the free activities being "reviewed"... if they're not going to be available then I'm annoyed that A) They're still advertising the activities on the website as "included in your stay" and B) The registration form asks you to select three out of the four activities you'd be interested in, which means I discussed them with my boys and they're now super excited about them... is Disney really going to have me tell them they now can't do any of them?

The first thing you do on the form is enter your check-in date... surely at that point they could save the heartache and just explain the situation right there and then.

This morning, after emailing Aunty's Beach House for some clarification, I received the following email:

Thank you for your email and feedback. As we continually strive to enhance the Guest Experience, we are excited to offer a new and exciting program mix at Aunty's Beach House that will give your children more opportunities to participate in entertaining, fun and engaging activities during your stay. Our website is in the process of updating to reflect the changes made to our Complimentary Experiences such as Stitch's Space Goo.

All day, every day there will be something new to discover at Aunty's Beach House. One day your children may be a superhero and the next day explore the other Hawaiian Islands through immersive games, activities, arts and crafts, and no reservations required.
So it seems as far as complimentary / "included with your stay" experiences go, we can still expect our kids to be able to join in, but without any guarantee of if and when. This is a bit disappointing and makes it harder for grown-ups to plan. I guess we're being pushed to "if you want to plan... pay for premium experience".

I registered online back in Jan and finally got an email from them yesterday about our March trip. My DS only got one (Hula) during our 5 day stay. No mention about revamping the program.

I registered online back in Jan and finally got an email from them yesterday about our March trip. My DS only got one (Hula) during our 5 day stay. No mention about revamping the program.
Believe the revamp is happening after your stay

I just got a call and an email that they have extended Stitch’s space goo and it is available on April 8th,so they booked my daughter in it.

I received my email yesterday and had to respond that we wouldn't be available for one of the allotted Aunties time.
I initially pre-registered back in January.

WE did get a good time for Stitch's Space Goo, which is what DD was looking forward to the most anyway

Any updates on Auntie's registrations? We go end of May, so I'm interested in any responses other May travelers have gotten.

Any updates on Auntie's registrations? We go end of May, so I'm interested in any responses other May travelers have gotten.

Looks like the final word is that as of April 8th there will no longer be scheduled complimentary activities that guests can pre-register for. There will still be free activities but it will be first-come-first-served. The aulani website has been updated with the following note:

PLEASE NOTE: Beginning April 8, 2018, the current experiences listed below will be replaced with daily complimentary themed activities. Be sure to check the daily Resort schedule, or Daily ‘Iwa, upon arrival at the Resort for Aunty’s Beach House activity options

Thank you! Last time we were there, the resort was very, VERY busy, as it was the 10 days after Christmas, and we still never had any problems with our son getting in for "drop-in" time. Honestly, it's kind of nice to not have to schedule around our kids' activities, so I can't say I'm terribly disappointed.

Interesting. So is this just drop in play? Or are there still classes but back to the old way of signing up each day by lining up at like 7AM. That's the way we did it in June 2015. Good thing we did too, cuz half the days there we saw the "orange sign of doom" meaning no drop ins. But... I also wonder if they don't "hold spots" in the capacity for class kids, maybe getting everyone in is generally not an issue.

Anybody there now that could confirm how it is going with Aunty’s Beach House Activities?

We were just there. They basically got rid of the free activities and replaced them with theme days where they have crafts, etc centered around the day’s theme. My kids were looking forward to Stitch’s space goo again so they were a little disappointed. On the plus side, they said they haven’t been reaching capacity under the new system.

Does anyone have any further info about this? I just pre-registered for our trip in May and got the same response about the free activities being "reviewed"... if they're not going to be available then I'm annoyed that A) They're still advertising the activities on the website as "included in your stay" and B) The registration form asks you to select three out of the four activities you'd be interested in, which means I discussed them with my boys and they're now super excited about them... is Disney really going to have me tell them they now can't do any of them?

The first thing you do on the form is enter your check-in date... surely at that point they could save the heartache and just explain the situation right there and then.

On the website, there is a disclaimer saying "
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning April 8, 2018, the current experiences listed below will be replaced with daily complimentary themed activities. Be sure to check the daily Resort schedule, or Daily ‘Iwa, upon arrival at the Resort for Aunty’s Beach House activity options."

It sounds like the registration form wasn't updated when you pre-registered regarding selecting three out of the four activites (complimentary experiences) because during your visit there are just daily complimentary activities.

We were just there. They basically got rid of the free activities and replaced them with theme days where they have crafts, etc centered around the day’s theme. My kids were looking forward to Stitch’s space goo again so they were a little disappointed. On the plus side, they said they haven’t been reaching capacity under the new system.

So can you just drop in and drop off your kids without having to book or whatever?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!