Aulani Wait

beachbunny

DIS Veteran
I'm at Aulani now. It is 2.5 hours since checkk in time and still no room. I'm so not happy with service here,

I'm at Aulani now. It is 2.5 hours since checkk in time and still no room. I'm so not happy with service here,

do you mean it's 2.5 hours since you checked in or 2.5 hours after when they say villas will be ready? (don't know what it is at Aulani--at Grand Calif. it is 4 p.m.)

The room was supposed to be ready at 3 p.m. We were not in the room until nearly 6 p.m.

The room was supposed to be ready at 3 p.m. We were not in the room until nearly 6 p.m.

Bummer.... I hope it was a fluke and that the rest of your trip makes this issue a distant and insignificant memory. :wizard:

We will be there next month so I hope it is not a recurring theme. :coffee:

We just checked in today and room was not ready until after 4pm. Seems to be a reoccurring theme. Check in time is 4pm for the villas and they don't appear to be ready early. If you plan on arriving at Aulani before 4pm I would suggest bringing your bathing suit and make use of the pools and such. They give you your room key so you can get the pool wrist bands but you won't get the room number until the room is ready.

Good luck everyone, definitely busy this week!

We checked in June 1st and i was shocked that our room was ready at 2:00. I really was expecting to wait. I did notice that a lot of locals checked in for the weekend which may explain the longer wait.
We are on Hawaiian time! Hopefully you have enjoyed the trip and put that behind you.

We had a positive experience as well. We checked in around 2 pm on May 24 and our room was already ready.

We checked in June 1st and i was shocked that our room was ready at 2:00. I really was expecting to wait. I did notice that a lot of locals checked in for the weekend which may explain the longer wait.
We are on Hawaiian time! Hopefully you have enjoyed the trip and put that behind you.

You're not alone. We just returned from VWL and our wait time for our room was 4.25 hours! Unfortunately, they cannot get the rooms ready until the previous guest checks out. Check out time is 11:00 people, not after you return from lunch! :sad2:

We checked in on 6/1 and our room was also ready by 2pm. It definitely seemed like Aulani was getting busier by the time we checked on on 6/9! I'm sure there will be some growing pains this summer as they get busier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!