• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Survey (Resort App & Magic Band releated).

orion2185

DIS Veteran
title says it all.

Mostly the questions came down to having a Aulani App and would you want a Magic Band while staying at Aulani (and would you pay for that magic band).

App questions were related would you be interested in ordering food/drink from the app. In addition, to a list of other features for the app and if you think they would be useful or make your stay better.
We put yes and then suggested the ability to order food/drink from the app and cast members know your location from the app and deliver to your pool or beach chair.
This would replace having to wait for a cast member to walk around and take your order.

We would support Magic Bands at Aulani
having to carry around the key to the world card is a bit of a hassle these days.
getting in out of the pools or ocean always wondering if we have the card.
would not pay extra for the Magic Bank though (unless they did limited edition designs as WDW).

There was a whole section where you were to enter the app features that you would like to see.

Just wondered what everyone else thought about Magic Bands and a Aulani Resort App?

Here is what was in the email that we received (removed the links)

"Aloha!

Whether you are one of our past Guests, future Guests, Disney Vacation Club® Members, or just exploring vacation options, we are so glad you visited our website for Aulani a Disney Resort & Spa.

In the spirit of continuous improvement, we invite you to participate in an important online survey designed to help us develop a deeper understanding of our Guests and the digital experiences that can enhance their vacations. This survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

We have commissioned Kantar Millward Brown, an independent market research company, to conduct and process the survey data. We have not sent them your email address or any confidential information about you. To learn more about Kantar Millward Brown

This study is not a marketing or sales effort of any kind. Be assured that your email address and individual responses to our questions will be kept strictly confidential.

To access the survey (removed link)

Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this questionnaire. Your opinions are very important to us!

Mahalo,
Disney Destinations Research

On prior Aulani trips I would have liked an app to order food similar to mobile ordering. However, now that my wife insists we are a "1 bedroom DVC family," I'll just go back to the kitchen in the room for our November trip.

But I would use a Magic Band. They are already using them for Auntie's Playhouse for a security feature for the kids. It would be nice to use our own band for that and to not have to carry around a key card to the room.

I received the survey also. I said I would like to see Aulani get MagicBands too, with a max cost of $10. Having magic bands at a recent WDW trip was so handy, especially at the pools.

I received the survey too, I liked the idea of having an app that would be very interactive. I said no to magic bands as I hate wearing something on my wrist and I certainly would NOT pay for one.

I got the survey as well. There were some interesting features they were offering for the app, like requesting things from housekeeping. I said yes to Magic Bands (they are actually really convenient when you are hanging out at the pool) but that I would not be willing to pay for them. To be honest, I would hope that I can use my WDW Magic Band anyway, if they chose to charge at Aulani for them.

Interesting. We have been back for <30 days and didn't get a survey like that.

Personally I wouldn't care to have a MB system at Aulani. I prefer to simply use the room key for everything and don't find carrying it around and using it to be any burden at all.

Interesting. We have been back for <30 days and didn't get a survey like that.

Personally I wouldn't care to have a MB system at Aulani. I prefer to simply use the room key for everything and don't find carrying it around and using it to be any burden at all.

I like being able to have my room key on me when I am in the water. And a bikini just doesn’t have any pockets... that’s where the MB is unbeatable.

I think I got the survey because I logged into the Aulani website a couple of weeks ago.

We would be fine with Magic Bands at Aulani. Makes life alot easier than carrying around the key to the world card. Won't pay for a Magic Band though.
The only issue we have is the tan lines!

I think DCL and Aulani are perfect matches for the Magic Band.
Have enough stuff to carry around the resort/ship. Room key is not something that we want to keep track of.

I got the survey as well. I would be ok with Magic Bands that you have to turn back in like the kids club on the cruise. I also liked the idea of being able to mobile order and having the character schedule on the app would be nice.

I did not get that survey after our stay in early June (I did get one about dining), but I'm definitely in the camp of liking Magic Bands, but I would not be willing to pay for them. I think the app idea sounds awesome and super helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter