Aulani: Studio vs standard room?

lablady

Mouseketeer
I've only stayed at Aulani once, and we had a hotel room with standard view. This worked great since there were three of us. My DH and I are planning a trip for this spring, and the Deluxe Studio and the hotel room are the same price. If anyone has stayed in both, which did you prefer? We'll be booking the island garden view. We don't mind a queen bed, and it would be nice to have a microwave, so I'm leaning towards the studio. Are most of them shaped like the floorplan on the Disney site, with the angled balcony? Are those available in the island view? I like the looks of that room, but I've seen some that are like the other rectangular rooms. Are there any other significant deifferences?

Thanks for your input!

I've only stayed at Aulani once, and we had a hotel room with standard view. This worked great since there were three of us. My DH and I are planning a trip for this spring, and the Deluxe Studio and the hotel room are the same price. If anyone has stayed in both, which did you prefer? We'll be booking the island garden view. We don't mind a queen bed, and it would be nice to have a microwave, so I'm leaning towards the studio. Are most of them shaped like the floorplan on the Disney site, with the angled balcony? Are those available in the island view? I like the looks of that room, but I've seen some that are like the other rectangular rooms. Are there any other significant deifferences?

Thanks for your input!

I have only stayed in an Aulani DVC studio, so I can't really compare the hotel rooms to the DVC studios. However, in addition to the microwave, the DVC studios come with a coffee pot and a mini-fridge with freezer compartment. The studios also have a queen size bed and a pull-out sofa couch.

Aulani's Island View studios can have either the angled balcony or the non-angled balcony configuration. There are 53 of the former and 42 of the latter. The angled balconies are located in the Waianae Building (which is the same side of the resort of the hotel rooms) and in the Long Wing of the Ewa Building (the wing closest to the Ama Ama Restaurant). The studios with non-angled balconies are located in the Ewa Building wing closest to the lobby and in the Ewa Building Short Wing that overlooks the convention center and (since September 2012) the lawn upon which the Starlit Hui show is performed.

You can request a specific location, but keep in mind that a request is not the same as a guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter