Aulani Snorkeling Pool

Noah_t

Mouseketeer
Heading to Aulani this August unfortunately during the pool refurbishment. I suspect that why there was availability but I'm sure all will be well....... What I would like to hear is other people's experience with the snorkeling pool and would a 5 and 6 year old enjoy it?

We just returned from a stay and my husband enjoyed the “reef” but my six year-old who likes things cold said it was too cold. He went in twice both times for 10 minutes. He was the only child in our group, ages 5-11, willing. He snorkeled just fine at Hanauma Bay, Kahala, and North Shore.

It is cold water, to simulate the ocean the fish live in. If your child can swim in a competitive swimming pool and is comfortable with that temperature, it is a bit cooler than that, but not much. We enjoyed it and are looking forward to a 'visit-long' pass next holiday so we can enjoy it a few times. I swim in a competitive swimming pool and a cold lake often, and still find those cold, so Rainbow Reef was really cold for me, too. I was shivering when we came out of the Rainbow Reef after 25 minutes, but I'd do it again and again regardless. It's a clear and beautiful place to admire the fish.

You can buy a single snorkel session and see if they enjoy it. If they do, you can go back within the hour and pay the difference to upgrade it to a 'visit-long' pass so they can go over and over again. It's close to the prices of two single sessions and they add a punch hole to your card so you can go over and over again. It's a nice place to cool off on a hot day, and even just 10 minutes a day can be fun.

It is cold water, to simulate the ocean the fish live in. If your child can swim in a competitive swimming pool and is comfortable with that temperature, it is a bit cooler than that, but not much. We enjoyed it and are looking forward to a 'visit-long' pass next holiday so we can enjoy it a few times. I swim in a competitive swimming pool and a cold lake often, and still find those cold, so Rainbow Reef was really cold for me, too. I was shivering when we came out of the Rainbow Reef after 25 minutes, but I'd do it again and again regardless. It's a clear and beautiful place to admire the fish.

You can buy a single snorkel session and see if they enjoy it. If they do, you can go back within the hour and pay the difference to upgrade it to a 'visit-long' pass so they can go over and over again. It's close to the prices of two single sessions and they add a punch hole to your card so you can go over and over again. It's a nice place to cool off on a hot day, and even just 10 minutes a day can be fun.
This is a perfect example of the little bits of wisdom that make these message boards so great. Thanks I will definitely do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!