Aulani rental cars (Alamo)

edmartin

Mouseketeer
I see that Alamo has a rental desk at Aulani. Has anyone rented from them? We are going to be there for 9 days. Not sure if we'd need a car the whole time. Wondering if it's less expensive to just rent at the airport or to "day rent" as we need a car?

We are renting at the airport to avoid paying for cab or shuttle fee in addition to the car.
We are going through Hertz-the best rate we could find.

The rental site I found was when I search for hawaiian rental cars on bing. They bring up all these brand x etc, but then when you submit for immediate pricing it brings up the regular car rentals, thats how we ended up with Dollar.

FYI, if you are not a DVC owner with card in hand, you will have to pay for parking of which I think it is pretty spendy. I belive it is 35.00 per day. So if you don't thing you will need a rental car everyday and are not a DVC owner I would second think a rental car.

We are renting at the airport to avoid paying for cab or shuttle fee in addition to the car.
We are going through Hertz-the best rate we could find.

Hello Ciao_Gina, I see you are from Sacramento, I'm from Woodland, we will be there one day later 2/9. We are renting also. I lookup rental in Hawaii and got a pretty good rate through Dollar for a mini van.

I hope you got good rate through Hawaiian Air. I tried to get a good rates through SMF, but we are going to fly out of Oakland instead. I'm saving over 150.00 per person and I had 5 tickets to buy so 750.00 savings it was worth the extra 90 min drive and we don't leave until 9:30am If it were just myself I would have saved the travel time. An 12 mile drive to SMF is great but oh well, I'm going to Hawaii at a Disney Resort....

The rental site I found was when I search for hawaiian rental cars on bing. They bring up all these brand x etc, but then when you submit for immediate pricing it brings up the regular car rentals, thats how we ended up with Dollar.

FYI, if you are not a DVC owner with card in hand, you will have to pay for parking of which I think it is pretty spendy. I belive it is 35.00 per day. So if you don't thing you will need a rental car everyday and are not a DVC owner I would second think a rental car.

Hello Ciao_Gina, I see you are from Sacramento, I'm from Woodland, we will be there one day later 2/9. We are renting also. I lookup rental in Hawaii and got a pretty good rate through Dollar for a mini van.

We actually live in Folsom. We are using miles with United. I see that you can get tickets for $332 RT out of SF on Hawaiian.

We are DVC members.

You should join us on the Feb 2012 thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2830696&highlight=aulani

check out hotwire.com .... I've been watching the prices fluctuate from $11/day to $35/day. (waiting for the convertible to drop down to $32) I've used them many times before and never had an issue - fast, easy and far cheaper than booking directly through a car rental place.

I considered renting a car to get us from the airport, turn it in at alamo that same day and then rent one again on the day we leave, but it is so much more expensive b/c you pay a "drop off fee" each way, even after taking into consideration the parking fee some of us will have to pay it is cheaper just to rent a vehicle. It seems the closer to the date and on Weds or thursday is the cheapest days. My trip is at end of Feb and I won't book until I see the rentals drop to $11-$17 like they have consistently done for 1.5 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter