Aulani refillable mugs

HawaiiBound

Earning My Ears
We bought the refillable coffee/soda aulani mugs last time we were at the resort, 3 years ago. We are going again to Aulani in February. Can we use the same mugs again?

We bought the refillable coffee/soda aulani mugs last time we were at the resort, 3 years ago. We are going again to Aulani in February. Can we use the same mugs again?
Are the refillable mugs a good value?
Well be there from 3/4-3/7 with reissues for character breakfast and dinner and breakfast at Amuamu!

We usually only eat breakfast and dinner each day with a Snack?

Well be there from 3/4-3/7 with reissues for character breakfast and dinner and breakfast at Amuamu!

We will be there for 5 days. I use it to get 2 cups of coffee in the morning and lemonade or one diet coke in the afternoon by the pool. I also refill it with water while I'm by the pool. DD is allowed to get 2 refills a day. If we bought all of that each day individually, it would be more than the $20 that the cup costs. Not a tremendous savings, but it is so nice to not have to wait in line to purchase drinks or coffee!

And in case you needed to know - this is where you can fill them up. And they are strict about the 6:30am on the coffee - I tried to go earlier (due to the time change for us, I was up!) and coffee was not available until exactly 6:30am!

Mugs can be purchased at Ulu Café, Kālepa's Store and Lava Shack. Refillable mug stations can found at the following locations:

• Ulu Cafe: Offering fountain beverages, coffee, tea and cocoa from 6:30 AM to 8:30 PM
  • Lava Shack Offering fountain beverages from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
  • One Paddle Two Paddle: Offering fountain beverages from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM

Refillable mugs are only supposed to be used for your stay. They do not have the rf chips like mugs at WDW. If you buy the mugs at Kalepa's Store you can use your 10% DVC discount. There are no discount at the eateries at all.

I was behind a woman at ulu last month who went to the cashier and asked for a new mug because hers broke. She was given a new one. As they walked out the little girl innoncently announces that they’ve had it for “like 2 years” as the mom hurried her out the door. Some people are determined to cheat, what can you do...

We found them a good value because we spent much more time at the resort than we ever would at a Disney resort, where we never purchase the refillable mugs. And since much of our day at Aulani is spent on the beach or near the pool, we were drinking frequently out of them. We also found the refill stations to be relatively convenient, so it was easier to fill up mugs than it was to go up to the room and get a drink out of the fridge in our room.

How much are these refillable mugs?

$18.99 + tax

How much are these refillable mugs?
$19 thereabouts. Well worth it if you're there for a long enough trip. We were there for 11 days recently and we more than got our money's worth, especially on beach/pool days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter