Aulani or Disneyland First?

Aulani or Disneyland first??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can sandwich Aulani by doing three days in DL to adjust, then Aulani then DL again to adjust! :) Haha. Tickets would still be in the 14 day window, right? :D Just thinking about it makes me tired... but I have early risers to begin with, and I can't WAIT to take my Virginia-born kiddos west of here, but I'm so scared about time adjustments... Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be amazing...

You can't get from Hawaii back to the East Coast with daytime flights.

It depends on what city you're heading to and time of year (and how you define a "daytime flight"). We flew United from Honolulu to Toronto at 5 pm; our friends flew with Delta to Tampa at about 1 pm (originally they were supposed to leave at 4:30 pm but their TA messed up). We usually fly Air Canada but they didn't leave until nearly midnight which is one of the things that had prevented us from going to Hawaii in previous years. Flights going to Hawaii directly from Toronto were equally bad which is what influenced us to fly to DL first and then to HI once we knew that we had better options than midnight for returning (plus multi-hour layovers somewhere). Most flights heading directly to HI from YYZ would have required a minimum 8-hour layover somewhere, whereas our return flight had only a 90 minute layover in Dulles.

You can sandwich Aulani by doing three days in DL to adjust, then Aulani then DL again to adjust!

Don't laugh - I'm seriously considering this for 2021!

We now live in Australia and are DVC owners at Aulani. Our trips are always Aulani then Disneyland (due to flight and travel direction).

However, we would certainly suggest doing DL first then Aulani.
That way you can relax after your DL trip at Aulani.

We have done both ways and really any time at Aulani is ideal. Really depends upon your personal preference.

My daughter gave me that idea last night...I think that will be the plan

Thanks for the ideas and opinions everyone

Although research shows that the jet lag going east is worse than going west, we have found ourselves much more affected going TO Hawaii than coming home. Maybe it's just because we're depressed when we come home, so we're distracted. lol. Seriously, though, if I am doing a 2-part vacay, where one part is busy and one is relaxing, I prefer to do the relaxing part second--just my preference. And Aulani is very relaxing, IMO.
I agree.

I am flying from the Midwest, and we are going to Disneyland for 5 days in Feb 2020 and then flying to Alunai for 8 days. I figured we would do Disneyland first, because it will be all the running around and late nights, busy busy times. Then head to Aluani for 8 days of complete and total relaxation. We are going to be on our honeymoon, so I figured the Hawaii part of the trip should be last. I wanted Disney, he wants rest and relaxation. So best of both worlds!

If you are taking children, I would suggest Disneyland first because of all the hussle and bussle, then Hawaii so you can relax more before going home.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]I vote Disneyland and then aulani but maybe my vote shouldn’t count??? We were set to do Disneyland but chose to cancel and go to Rome instead. I truly don’t feel like I missed out.
This being said aulani is like no other. I’ve done Disney world and Disney cruises and never left with the feeling that I did from aulani. It’s a new level of vacationing and happiness. I’ve been twice and still say end there. You need that relaxation and the level of beautiful it provides to really make a trip. Disneyland is exhausting. Aulani is next level. I’d quit all Disney vacations to visit aulani yearly. You can’t dispute what aulani has to offer. The food sucks. Expect nothing. I really wish I could upload pictures because the beauty is something you will not find elsewhere. The beaches are beautiful. The sunsets and sunrises are even more impressive.

We are going to Hawaii in June. 6 of us 2 children 7 and 11. We decided to take 3 nights in Disneyland first so that everyone can get use to the time change. We are flying from Philadelphia. The we are going to Aulani for 7 nights. There will still be a time change but not as bad as if we flew right to Hawaii

We are planning on going to Aulani and Disneyland in the summer of 2020.

We live near the east coast.

We are trying to decide to which to go to first.

Do we fly to California and do Disneyland.for 6 nights then fly to Hawaii and do Aulani for 6 nights?

Or fly to Hawaii then do Disneyland on our way back?

Flights both ways are about the same cost.

Originally, we were thinking Hawaii first, now maybe California first.

We started thinking about adjusting to the time change.

We would love to hear everyone’s thoughts...pros and cons

Thanks
We live east coast as well. Plan to fly to LAX, stay overnight at airport hotel, then on to hawaii next day. have 6 days of play and exploring with 3 days at disneyland to look forward to. Not for nothing, but more than 5 hrs on a plane with kids should be considerate cruel and unusual... for the parents and other passengers. HA!

I'd definitely go with Disneyland at the start, so then you can relax at Aulani afterwards. If you go the opposite way, it might make Aulani a little less so because there will be the wait for Disneyland.

We were just at aulani for 10 days and then 3 nights at the
Grand Californian hotel where we did one day at Disneyland and one day at the pool. We prefer stopping in California on way home because of the 5 am arrival in Chicago. We are not good for plane sleepers do the Flight home kills us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter