Aulani June 2012

belle26

Mouseketeer
:banana::banana: We did it! We booked Aulani today for next June for our 25th anniversary! So excited, now just have to wait the 1 months! :banana::banana:

Congrats! We just celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary with DCL to Alaska. Celebrating with Disney sure makes it that much more special! May you go to Aulani for every anniversary! We are going next June also-we've only been married for 14 years. Have a great time!
Elizabeth

Even though it's only the 2 of us, we took a 1 bedroom garden view. We plan on stopping in San Francisco on the out, and Disneyland on the way back and figured the kitchen and washer and dryer would come in handy. We decided to splurge this time, normally we would have just taken a studio. We figured it's only your 25th once!

Congrats! We just celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary with DCL to Alaska. Celebrating with Disney sure makes it that much more special! May you go to Aulani for every anniversary! We are going next June also-we've only been married for 14 years. Have a great time!
Elizabeth

Didn't you just love Alaska? We had a great time! I agree, celebrating with Disney just makes it special. the years we took a non Disney trip were fun, but something seemed to be missing!
When will you be there in June? We arrive the 26th.

Leitadale - congrats also, be sure to fill us in when you get back!

Elizabeth

Congrats!
We are a month ahead of you. We are booked for a 10 day stay in May for our 30th. I agree that Disney always seems to make it special. We celebrated our 25th on a non Disney cruise. It was good but it wasn't Disney!
Celebrating our 30th in Disney style!! :dance3:

Rest&Relax,
30 years, how exciting! Enjoy and do it up Disney Style big time!! Congrats!

Congrats to all the couples celebrating big anniversaries! It is nice to hear people hitting those big numbers in this day and age. DH and I are only on 12 yrs, but have been together 18 going on 19. Hard to believe too.

Belle26, I agree with you the 1 bd comes in handy. We bought additional points at VWL so we could do a 1bd every Dec, because now we are spoiled. Can't go back to a studio.

When you go to Hawaii, make sure to check out the Polynesian cultural center and do the admiral's pass. It will get you a guided tour throughout the property which means you do not miss any of the shows. Also, you get a special frozen treat and awesome seating to the luau. Food at the luau was just ok IMHO, but the show was awesome.

At Disneyland, we noticed that the CM's were not quite normal happy CM's like in Disneyworld. It was great seeing the differences, and California Adventure was a lot of fun. You can get a glass of wine at the winery on site, and sit and people watch. But I just didn't think that the service was "pure disney" if you will. Let me know if you notice the same when you go. I am sure it just has to do with the different attitudes of the Californians. Wouldn't stop me from going again if we went to California! :)

Congrats on your upcoming Anniversary and your stay at Aulani! How exciting! :cool1: We are planning on going next year in June as well, DS graduates from HS so we will be celebrating in Hawaii!

We have been to San Franscico and DLR as well. Love, Love DLR!!! We have been there 4 times and love it so much we switch up every other year with WDW. It is smaller and definately not as much activity but Disneyland is the original and we prefer it to the MK in WDW. It just feels like Walt is right there with you. ;)

Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

Congrats! We are BWV owners who will be trying to book the 7 mos window for May 2012. Have you heard if there will be an airport shuttle to the resort or do you have to rent a car?

Congrats! We are BWV owners who will be trying to book the 7 mos window for May 2012. Have you heard if there will be an airport shuttle to the resort or do you have to rent a car?

Haven't heard about an airport shuttle, we were wondering the same thing - our rep did tell us that they were planning on a car rental agency right at the resort for those wanting to rent for a day or two but not the while trip, which kind of makes me think there may be some kind of shuttle. But that's just me thinking.

msds8700, any suggestions for SF? We've been to DLR a couple of times, but I think the last time was 2005, so it's been awhile.

Haven't heard about an airport shuttle, we were wondering the same thing - our rep did tell us that they were planning on a car rental agency right at the resort for those wanting to rent for a day or two but not the while trip, which kind of makes me think there may be some kind of shuttle. But that's just me thinking.

msds8700, any suggestions for SF? We've been to DLR a couple of times, but I think the last time was 2005, so it's been awhile.

We were told the same thing about the shuttle and car transport. We'll be there a month before you.

As for SF - you gotta check out the Disney Family Museum. I haven't been yet myself, but I have friends who have gone a ton of times. It's really well done and since you can't really see it anywhere else, I figure you have to go. http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/

There's always the other stuff. And if you are in town for a while, you might consider hitting one of the plays. Just depends on what you want to see/do and how long you will be in town.

Even though it's only the 2 of us, we took a 1 bedroom garden view. We plan on stopping in San Francisco on the out, and Disneyland on the way back and figured the kitchen and washer and dryer would come in handy. We decided to splurge this time, normally we would have just taken a studio. We figured it's only your 25th once!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Also, congratulations on 25 wonderful years! :thumbsup2

:banana::banana: We did it! We booked Aulani today for next June for our 25th anniversary! So excited, now just have to wait the 1 months! :banana::banana:

Congrats! DH and I go in October for our 5-year! So exciting! :banana:

Congrats!
We are a month ahead of you. We are booked for a 10 day stay in May for our 30th. I agree that Disney always seems to make it special. We celebrated our 25th on a non Disney cruise. It was good but it wasn't Disney!
Celebrating our 30th in Disney style!! :dance3:

Looks like a theme is developing here! DW and I are waiting to book Sep2012 for our 30th anniversary. We went to Kuaui for our honeymoon and this will be our 1st time back!

Aurora1959 - thanks, great ideas, I just spent time on the Disney museum website, and it will definetly be on the to do list!

Yes, there certainly seems to be a theme! congratds on 30 years!

We are planning Aulani for July 2012 to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. Anxious to book, but need to wait for the 7 month window. We are planning to do a vow renewal on our actual Anniversary, but haven't decided if it will be at Aulani (cost and reservation availability). I will be scouring the web for trip reports once people are able to finally stay at Aulani :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!