Aulani July 2020 - First trip there - 4th of July week good?

DisneyMotherOf2

Mouseketeer
We're taking our first trip to Aulani in July 2020 and can't wait! I was thinking the week of July 4th might be fun if Disney puts on a good fireworks show. Does anyone know if they do? I was curious what others thought about going this week? We're definitely going in July, it's just a matter of picking a week. TIA!

I was at the Marriott Ko Olina for the month of July in 2017. The Fourth of July is a very busy time, but our resort had a fun carnival set up with games and stuff! There is a fireworks display over the lagoons. It’s nothing like at a Disney park, but nice nonetheless.

It was the only day that we went to get two pool loungers by the quiet pool for the 4 of us to share in the morning (we used them all day, taking turns). Otherwise, at the Marriott, we can always find a chair by a pool.

If it’s your first time, honestly I’d pick a less busy week. Or plan on maybe renting a cabana or something for the day in advance if you can. We were going to do so (Marriott has some too), but they were all sold out for the fourth.

FYI - Disney does not do the fireworks show. If the Ko Olina Resort does them, you can view them from Aulani. Be sure to book cabanas in advance if you're planning on renting one as this is a busy time of year at the resort. Also book your dining as soon as you know your dates. Enjoy your stay no matter what time you visit!

I have not been for July 4th, but we went over Xmas/New Years, and IT WAS CRAZY. I would avoid holidays, as Aulani tends to pull locals in on weekend/holidays, so during an already busy time (summer), I would definitely not want to be there on a holiday. It will be unpleasant IMO trying to find chairs and having to wait in excessive lines for slides, towels, food, etc.

I was at the Marriott Ko Olina for the month of July in 2017. The Fourth of July is a very busy time, but our resort had a fun carnival set up with games and stuff! There is a fireworks display over the lagoons. It’s nothing like at a Disney park, but nice nonetheless.

It was the only day that we went to get two pool loungers by the quiet pool for the 4 of us to share in the morning (we used them all day, taking turns). Otherwise, at the Marriott, we can always find a chair by a pool.

If it’s your first time, honestly I’d pick a less busy week. Or plan on maybe renting a cabana or something for the day in advance if you can. We were going to do so (Marriott has some too), but they were all sold out for the fourth.
Thanks!

FYI - Disney does not do the fireworks show. If the Ko Olina Resort does them, you can view them from Aulani. Be sure to book cabanas in advance if you're planning on renting one as this is a busy time of year at the resort. Also book your dining as soon as you know your dates. Enjoy your stay no matter what time you visit!

I need to do more research. I hadn't thought about having to book dining there. Better get researching! Any tips/advice you'd like to share for the best places would be great! TIA!

Thanks

This is interesting because we are possibly doing a 2020 summer trip. DD graduates and was planning on going to London but she has reservations now. She would rather do a family trip to Hawaii. Makes this mama proud. I am just doing my research now. How far out do you need to book? I think I'm looking at June.

I have not been for July 4th, but we went over Xmas/New Years, and IT WAS CRAZY. I would avoid holidays, as Aulani tends to pull locals in on weekend/holidays, so during an already busy time (summer), I would definitely not want to be there on a holiday. It will be unpleasant IMO trying to find chairs and having to wait in excessive lines for slides, towels, food, etc.
Ugg, we are looking at Easter, 2020. Right now, I can book a one bedroom for Easter THIS YEAR, so I was thinking next Easter would be OK at seven months, DVC.

Ugg, we are looking at Easter, 2020. Right now, I can book a one bedroom for Easter THIS YEAR, so I was thinking next Easter would be OK at seven months, DVC.

I think you can likely get a 1 bedroom at 7 months, but you almost assuredly won't get a standard view--you'll be looking mostly at a combo of island garden and ocean views. We just found the resort to be really busy around the holiday. Last year, we went end of May/beginning of June, and we noticed that the resort was SIGNIFICANTLY less busy that when we went between Xmas and New Year's. Specifically, we were almost always able to find at least 1-2 chairs at the pool, most times of day (we don't tend to lounge, so we mostly need a place to drop stuff), and the lines for various things were not nearly as long. For example, on our first trip, the night we got in, we were exhausted (flew from the Midwest) and headed to Ulu to grab something quick--there were zero tables anywhere, and the line for ordering food was ridiculous--we ended up having to go up to our room with the food. Are you a DVC Member (as opposed to renting points), bobbiwoz? I ask b/c if you're looking for standard view, you could always waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter