Aulani Grandvilla

ays114

Earning My Ears
It is soon time for us to make our reservation at Aulani 7mths out. We are undecided which type of room to reserve. There are two families going with a total of 10 (4adults, 2 young adults and 4 children). We are looking at 2 one bedroom ocean front or a grandvilla with standard view. Did anyone stay in the grandvilla with standard view? We stayed in a grandvilla at Animal Kingdom and loved it but I don't know if I want to give up ocean front. Any advice would be appreceiated.

We had a lovely 1BR OV for 8 nights in Sept and walked about considering options for "the next time." We were rather shocked at the lousy placement of the standard-view GVs and easily decided we'd never want those units. The standard view GVs face right into the queue for walk-up, poolside dining. The balconies have zero privacy and I'm guessing the guests in those units will hear every word spoken by folks waiting for the counter-service dining, "Hey Jill -- did Mikey want fries?; Sam:Don't forget napkins!; Carol - wait! Annette changed her mind. She wants the taco."

Even if they allow it, 10 people is too many for a 2 bedroom unit - just too crowded. You'll have people sleeping in the living room/kitchen area.

Go for the Grand Villa and the extra space. If you are staying for more than 2 or 3 nights, you will be glad that you did.

It would be 5 people each in a one bedroom. Would that be crowded with 4 adults and one child for a week?

It would be 5 people each in a one bedroom. Would that be crowded with 4 adults and one child for a week?

A 2 bedroom has one king bed in the Master bedroom and in the second bedroom you will have either one queen bed and a queen sleep sofa (lock off 2 bedroom) or two queen beds (dedicated 2 bedroom).

The living room will have a queen sleep sofa and 1 pull down bunk (twin size).

If any of the children are infants, there will be a Pac 'n Play portable crib available.

There will be two bathrooms.

So 2 adults in the Master, 2 adults & one or two children in the second bedroom, and 2 adults in the living room with possible one child on the Murphy.

That's too crowded for me, but some would not mind.

In the GV, you'll have 3 bedrooms. Master has a king and the other two bedroom each have two queen size beds. There will be 3 bathrooms.

Instead of 2 one bedrooms, would a 2 bedroom and a studio work? Probably be a similar amount of points then you could still get ocean view. Then you'd have a king, three queens, two pull-outs, and a murphy plus four bathrooms for 10 people. (Bathrooms become important when everybody wants to shower after the beach before dinner!) And with three bedroom doors that can be closed, a little more privacy all the way around and places to put your stuff then you can gather together in the living room of the 2 bedroom which is designed to seat 9 anyways for in room meals, etc.

I misread your post. Sorry.

5 people in a 1 bedroom would work. It would not be my first choice to have 3 people sleeping in the living room and the Aulani 1 bedrooms only have 1 bathroom.

A 2 bedroom and a studio would be better, and a GV, if you can afford it, would be best.

Just FYI, the one bedroom at Aulani actually has 1 1/2 baths....if that makes a difference for you.

Another FYI: At this time, there is only one Grand Villa at Aulani that has a Standard View. It is villa #101 and is located on the first floor of the second building, directly facing the ocean.

When Phase 3 opens in 2013, two more Standard View Grand Villas will become available.

Did anyone stay in the GV standard view

The only Grand Villa at Aulani that is Standard View (Villa #101) is in the Phase 2 building. Aulani's Phase 2 building is not suppose to open until November 15, 2011. Thus, its possible no one has yet stayed in that villa.

Someone posted a few days ago that they stayed in villa #906, which is also in the Phase 2 building. So perhaps the villas in Phase2, including the Standard View GV, are available for bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter