Aulani Chair Shortage Solved

of course they have to enforce the policy, the key is “not too rigidly” being more rigid in the more popular areas, and very lax in the less popular ones (which seems to be what they do now) is a fair way to do it.

if the policy says 1 hour, and you enforce it down to the second...vs giving 10 or so minutes leeway...can’t please everyone but I’d wager most would be far more understanding if they were given 10+ minute leeway vs 0 seconds.

I would argue that if they dont enforce the policy and we can never find a chair they risk massive negative PR. If I am paying Aulani money I require the occasional use of a sun lounger by the pool or else I am most definitely spending my money elsewhere.
True, but as has been said, the chair issue is common at almost all resorts and cruise ships. People complain about it, but its not newsworthy. But if CMs are too overzealous removing people's personal effects when they've gone for a drink or to the restroom, that would be a larger issue. And you know someone will find a BS issue that their expensive iPhone or something else has gone missing due to the CM removing their belongings. It will snowball.

My point is that I think Aulani has found a good middle ground with their hour protocol. It gives those who genuinely use the chairs a little flexibility, and provides options for those who come down to the pool late and need a chair. The key is that they need to regularly and consistently enforce it, while making sure everyone is on notice about it. When we were there in September 2016, a slow time of year, everyone who checked in for a pool wristband was shown a diagram of what to expect with the towel folding protocol so people knew. We saw them actually enforcing it. But I'm sure this varies depending on staffing levels and cost cutting.

True, but as has been said, the chair issue is common at almost all resorts and cruise ships. People complain about it, but its not newsworthy. But if CMs are too overzealous removing people's personal effects when they've gone for a drink or to the restroom, that would be a larger issue. And you know someone will find a BS issue that their expensive iPhone or something else has gone missing due to the CM removing their belongings. It will snowball.

My point is that I think Aulani has found a good middle ground with their hour protocol. It gives those who genuinely use the chairs a little flexibility, and provides options for those who come down to the pool late and need a chair. The key is that they need to regularly and consistently enforce it, while making sure everyone is on notice about it. When we were there in September 2016, a slow time of year, everyone who checked in for a pool wristband was shown a diagram of what to expect with the towel folding protocol so people knew. We saw them actually enforcing it. But I'm sure this varies depending on staffing levels and cost cutting.

Agree with all of this. Also, with regard to possible negative PR, I mean....the chair situation is not a new issue...at all....and there still seem to be plenty of people wanting to go to Aulani, so....I'm guessing whatever negative PR might be happening, it's not significant enough to cause problems for the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter