Aulani booked for August using Dec UY banked points?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

So I have a Dec UY, and currently have an August booking for Aulani. I am from the UK, and at this point there is no sign that the borders will be open for us to travel, no sign that Hawaii will be restarting flights frim the mainland. and no sign that Hawaii are ceasing the 14 day quarantine rules. So I’m thinking there is a good chance my vacation will be cancelled.

I do have a December vacation to WDW booked, but as the extension to banked points only extends to 30th November 2020, I’m guessing I’m out of luck in using my banked points that expire on 30th November towards my December trip.

My only hope is that DVC come up with an alternative policy for those with cancelled Aulani bookings? I understand all of yesterday’s news was geared to the reopening dates of WDW, but as Aulani might well remain closed, do you think any allowances might be made for those of us with August Aulani trips booked if there are subsequently cancelled?

I’m grasping at straws here I think - but at the moment I’m just gutted at the thought of losing 150 points that I’d banked for our special Hawaii trip 😢

I think the only way they are going to extend those points is if Aulani remains closed beyond Dec 1st.

From what is being reported, the banked 2018 points will not show up online, cant be used until they actually expire, and can’t be used for previous booked trips,

For example, someone with an Aug UY, won’t have access to them until August 1st, and will really have only 4 months to try to book something new,

It doesn’t sound right now like much is an option for those points.

Last edited:
I think the only way they are going to extend those points is if Aulani remains closed beyond Dec 1st.

From what is being reported, the banked 2018 points will not show up online until they actually expire, and can’t be used for previous booked trips,

For example, someone with an Aug UY, won’t have access to them until August 1st, and will really have only 4 months to try to book something new,

It doesn’t sound right now like much is an option for those points.
I suspected as much, but thank you for replying x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!