Aulani @ 7 mos - late March or early June?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
Curious what others think from past experience. Would I have better luck trying to book Aulani at 7 months for spring break (last week of March) or the first week of June?

If it matters, I'd probably go for a 1BR (probably Ocean view if I could).

Thanks

You would have better luck for early June, but probably would have very little problem getting a 1BR in late March also. If you go prior to June 1 everything closes earlier at Aulani. If I had the choice I would go in June for that reason.

Last week of March 2018 is the first of the two Easter weeks. Aulani has had issues for the Easter weeks at 7 months out in the past but pool garden and ocean view 1BR's and dedicated 2BRs have been open. As to early June, it could depend on exactly what you mean by first week of June. In the past much has been open at 7 months out from June 1 except standard and hotel rooms and sometimes Island Garden view studios (and 2BR lock-offs), but 7 months out from June 3 can be an entirely different story although pool garden and ocean view 1BRs have been open, and then at 7 months out from June 7, you might not find anything open.

Last edited:
Last week of March 2018 is the first of the two Easter weeks. Aulani has had issues for the Easter weeks at 7 months out in the past but pool garden and ocean view 1BR's and dedicated 2BRs have been open. As to early June, it could depend on exactly what you mean by first week of June. In the past much has been open at 7 months out from June 1 except standard and hotel rooms and sometimes Island Garden view studios (and 2BR lock-offs), but 7 months out from June 3 can be an entirely different story although pool garden and ocean view 1BRs have been open, and then at 7 months out from June 7, you might not find anything open.

Believe drusba regarding June. It is very hard to get rooms in June at the 7 month mark especially for Island or Standard view rooms.

Given that you're looking for an Ocean View, you'll likely have better luck. My wife and I went 3 years in a row, once mid-July for 3 weeks (our honeymoon) and then later July into August for 2 weeks each the next 2 times. We did an Ocean View studio each time at 7 mos and never had a problem. We did notice that the lesser views (points-wise) did not have full availability every time however. So I'd say ocean view definitely plays into your favor here. Good luck!

Just spent 4 nights at Aulani June 16-20. I was able to get 3 of the nights at exactly the 7mo mark but had to do OV (would have preferred to spend less points). I waitlisted the 4th night and got it no problem. As long as you're on it, you should be fine in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter