Aulani, 7 month attempt approaching, strategy?

madchatter

...mustard? Now don’t let’s be silly...
We’re going to Aulani for the first time in June 2020. Unfortunately our travel dates are pretty inflexible due to other things. It’s our 20th wedding anniversary and we’re super excited to visit Hawaii.

I know that June is very popular and that it’ll be dicey to find a whole week at 7 months. We have enough points for any view category so I’m still flexible in that regard. What would you guys do if you were me?

1. jump on early and hope for the best? Waitlist what’s not there?
2. Walk it? I’ve never done it before and I know it could still result in a hole somewhere. If so, how far out to start?
3. Go for a one bedroom? This would cost way more obviously. We’d have to borrow a lot from the following year. But is availability any easier at 7 months?

thanks for any advice!

We’re going to Aulani for the first time in June 2020. Unfortunately our travel dates are pretty inflexible due to other things. It’s our 20th wedding anniversary and we’re super excited to visit Hawaii.

I know that June is very popular and that it’ll be dicey to find a whole week at 7 months. We have enough points for any view category so I’m still flexible in that regard. What would you guys do if you were me?

2. Walk it? I’ve never done it before and I know it could still result in a hole somewhere. If so, how far out to start?
3. Go for a one bedroom? This would cost way more obviously. We’d have to borrow a lot from the following year. But is availability any easier at 7 months?

thanks for any advice!
I was able to book 4 nights for June a couple of years ago at 7mos without a problem. I’d suggest planning to book an ocean view since those are more points and tend to go last (and after staying in one I don’t think I can go back to another view). Yes, you’ll have a better shot with a one-bedroom, but I would probably try for a studio first. Book what you can get and waitlist the rest. I’ve never had to waitlist at Aulani but have had success even at VGC which is notoriously hard to get. Good luck!

thanks for any advice!

Were you able to get what you were looking for? Our family is planning a mid-July trip and we're already seeing everything fly off the shelf for every room category and view right at the 7 month mark in June. Are June and July always this busy? I'm really surprised by this outside of the standard and island view categories.

There's usually a lot of availability. I would walk it forward if you're set on those days if you see the availability. I do not see you have any trouble waitlisting right at the 7 month mark also if there is a night or two not available. Good luck and keep us posted.

Were you able to get what you were looking for? Our family is planning a mid-July trip and we're already seeing everything fly off the shelf for every room category and view right at the 7 month mark in June. Are June and July always this busy? I'm really surprised by this outside of the standard and island view categories.
I did get what I wanted. I checked about 4 days before and saw availability so I went ahead and booked. Then I walked it four times. In the end I’m not sure that was necessary but it worked out.
I did end up with ocean view. That’s all that had availability. I was really hoping to avoid waitlist since Hawaii is not something I want uncertainty on until the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter