August weather

We went last August and it was hot but bearable. We are from the south so it doesn't bother us as much as some people. You will probably get some short afternoon thunderstorms, but they are nice because they cool things off. Just drink a lot of water and visit the rides with AC when you get too hot. I say, go and have fun!!!

I'm concerned about the threat of hurricanes.

laceemouse- Do you mean the pic in my sig? That's Max, our 7 yr. pit-bull/mix that we had to lay down in April. What a sweetie with family, but was beginning to pose a threat to the neighborhood children. We couldn't further take our chances that something terrible might happen to one of them. He is dearly missed.

When we were there in 1995, we had a hurricane hit the night of August 1. They closed the parks early that night, and from what I heard, they opened late the next morning(we were leaving that morning anyway, so I cant confirm that actually happened, but other Disers have said it).

Last year we went the last week in August and while it was hot, it wasnt unbarable at all. I had expected a lot worse. We did however have a lot more rain than I had expected...way more than your typical afternoon shower. The only things it really affected(other than getting wet) were we missed Fantasmic because of it(after doing the FDP) and on our 1 day at the Poly, when we planned to swim, they closed the pool down due to lightning. But, it wasnt bad enough for us to not try again this year. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter