August Review

markpsych

DIS Veteran
We've just spent a couple of days at the parks on our way down to the South of France, and stayed off site for a change.

The Very Good

• After years of visiting the parks we finally tried the Hakuna Matata restaurant chicken strips and fries meal (twice!). Both service and food were excellent and it really lived up to expectations. Like others have said it's a great budget meal as well, as you don't necessarily need a whole portion each, so can share. Only thing that was a little odd/gloomy is that they play Mufasa's death music repeatedly :(
  • Likewise, the ice cream from the shop near Small World was delicious :)
  • The park generally looked fantastic, and even with the summer crowds the fast passes enabled us to cover plenty of ground.
  • The single rider queue for Ratatouille still works a treat!
The Not so Good

• Not entirely DLP's fault, but the 2nd day we were there we had torrential rain, thunder, lightning, etc. on and off all morning. For some reason this led to every ride in the park going down for most of the day! There was no loud speaker announcement and when you asked a CM (who for some it was obvious that the repeat questioning was wearing very thin!) we were simply told that there wasn't enough power for the rides (although the electricity was okay in the shops and that restaurants)?! Two people in our party only had tickets for this one day so it was a little disappointing.
  • The food in the Agrabah Cafè which we hadn't tried for a few years appeared very average/bland, and really not worth the 200 + euros it cost for the 7 of us to eat.
  • Likewise, the pizza from Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost, which is an old favourite of ours, isn't what it used to be (although the environment is still lovely). The pizza just tasted sub-standard, and the fact that it was star shaped and appeared half the size didn't help.
  • Hyper Space Mountain didn't live up to expectations. Just a little dark and uninspiring really, and the new cart restraints are crazy tight :crazy2:
Next stop....5 days in December, and we'll be staying at the DCR again.....can't wait :yay:

Nice to hear the park is looking good :) but not so good to hear that about Agrabah :sad2: I was looking forward to returning there! Roll on your next trip!

Nice to hear the park is looking good :) but not so good to hear that about Agrabah :sad2: I was looking forward to returning there! Roll on your next trip!

Same here... i really want to try Agrabah but now i am a little less enthusiastic about it.....

Same here... i really want to try Agrabah but now i am a little less enthusiastic about it.....

Perhaps it was an off day, but it was really disappointing.
Several young and inattentive CM's collecting plates, and tepid food including a very bland Moussaka with no topping, dry flat breads, a couple of varieties of seasoned chicken legs with little distinction in flavor, and a fish dish which was excessively salty.
At €32 per person (I think it was €22 last time we ate there?), it just wasn't good enough and lacked the fragrance and flavours that you'd hope to find in such an exotic setting.
Speaking of smells....I'm surprised they still have the public toilets situated right next to the restaurant entrance (unfortunately you'd smell them even if you didn't know they were there) :crazy2:

Well that doesn't sound as an happy place at all LOL i may change my mind about the restaurant we want to have dinner in... i was pretty disappointed in Plaza Garden last time we visited and same happend to Invention the time before... cold food and not such a big choice either... so i wonder if the quality in DLRP buffet is lower than i expected it to be... or it's just me being a fussy eater lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter