August MK Hours

If they are really done updating for 8/11-8/17, this was quite the buzzkill for a Friday afternoon. Isn't it pretty odd that AK is the park with the longest hours on a few handful of days, especially when there don't seem to be after-hours collisions? Was most surprised by 8/10 with it open 2 hours longer (+1 add'l EMH) versus MK and can't rationalize at all MK closing at 9PM on that Saturday.

I was personally also hoping for an 8AM start for the 8/16 first-MNSSHP day like last year, but that isn't showing up yet.

Fingers crossed that they just aren't done yet, or that this is indicative of significantly lower crowds than June/July.

The only other thing I can think of is that Epcot. MK, and HS will have those extra extra magic hours starting the end of the month and going through october I think, so maybe they dont want to overdo it in those parks the weeks before. Might be a stretch but just a thought.

It does seem strange that AK is the only park with extended hours for our week. I thought MK would extend its hours too.

It seems strange to me that AK is open later than MK throughout out my trip. The only days MK is open after 9 pm during my 14 night stay is either extra magic hours, or a paid event. It's very disappointing.

I was hoping for a little more updating but I am glad MK is open until 10 on 8/17. It’s our arrival day and I decided to go to the parks so the extra hour will be enjoyed. Other extra hours during our trip are all at AK.

When's the last time MK had a 9pm closing (besides for a party) between Memorial Day and Labor Day? I'll go with never. I'll be really disappointed if this is the final version.

I was shocked....I’ve never been in August but we are going this coming August for the first time. All crowd calendars predict it to be quite busy but the hours are really short. I hope either the calendars are wrong or they extend hours.

I think this probably tells us that the low attendance that has been predicted in the few weeks prior to SWG opening is becoming a reality. My guess is booking is still light and they need to cut staff hours.

I was shocked....I’ve never been in August but we are going this coming August for the first time. All crowd calendars predict it to be quite busy but the hours are really short. I hope either the calendars are wrong or they extend hours.
Not sure what calendars you are referencing but the TP crowd calendar predictions show the 11 park days that I am attending from 8/9 through 8/21 to be 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 1, 5, 3, 4, 1(MNSSHP), 2. While a 5 can seem busy, if the predictions are correct (and who knows on that), these will be lighter days than my past trips taken in same August time window.

I'm unsure which crowd calendars you've been using, but if you look at Touring Plans, they predict one day at 6/10, and the rest of the month is at 5 or below, mostly 3 and 4s, and some 2s, even a few 1/10s. Pair that with the fact that even the beginning of August, I can book any resort on property and get almost any ADR I want - and I think Disney is assuming low crowds, and rightfully so. I'm actually surprised AK hours got increased given how low the crowds are looking. I mean, I definitely want longer hours, but I don't think it'll happen.

During my August stay last year, MK was open to 11 every night and midnight on Saturday. A 9 PM closing is a sad joke, particularly for the middle of summer. So when the sun goes down, MK closes its doors. I guess Disney has to cut staff hours to make up for the 21 cent an hour minimum wage increase in the Sunshine State this year.

We are an August going family mainly because of school/ work. I remember when we took our son in 2012 and being in MK until 1/2 am. Watching all of Tomorrowland glow, such a sight. That was a magical trip. Hoping to share that same experience with our daughters, looks like it’s not going to happen this trip. Everyday MK is closing either at 9 or 6 (MNSSH). Wait they did bless us with a 10 closing on a Saturday. No evening EMH for any of the parks, but random morning EMH here and there. You try getting 3 kids up and ready to be at the parks by 8.
I love Disney, but it’s staring to feel like Six Flags.

We are an August going family mainly because of school/ work. I remember when we took our son in 2012 and being in MK until 1/2 am. Watching all of Tomorrowland glow, such a sight. That was a magical trip. Hoping to share that same experience with our daughters, looks like it’s not going to happen this trip. Everyday MK is closing either at 9 or 6 (MNSSH). Wait they did bless us with a 10 closing on a Saturday. No evening EMH for any of the parks, but random morning EMH here and there. You try getting 3 kids up and ready to be at the parks by 8.
I love Disney, but it’s staring to feel like Six Flags.
Not sure when exactly you’re going but there is evening EMH on Tuesdays at EP and Wednesdays at MK. At least for my trip it is. 8/17-26

Not sure when exactly you’re going but there is evening EMH on Tuesdays at EP and Wednesdays at MK. At least for my trip it is. 8/17-26
We are going from 8/12-8/19. There is EMH on that Wednesday (8/14) I believe but the park is only open to 11 with the EMH and scheduled to close at 9 regular hours during the week. That earlier than my local six flags.
I would also recheck your dates, hope you’re not counting party nights as part of EMH.

Nope not counting party nights. Just Tuesday at Epcot and Wednesday at MK both open till 11 with EMH my week. I agree that not so long ago MK would be open till midnight in the summer with EMH making park open till 2 or 3. Those days are gone though sadly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!