August 9, 2018 Northern European Cruise

Hi from Texas. This is our first Disney Cruise. My husband and I will be traveling with our 6 yr old (7 at the time of the cruise) daughter (Clementine). My sister will be joining us as well ( she lives in Germany). Since we have an only child we would love to meet up with anyone else that may have a little girl around the same age. Maybe start up a pen pal situation pre cruise. Thanks!

Hi! We are traveling in a large group, but I have a 6 year old daughter too! She will be 7 on the trip as well. She would love a pen pal because we are traveling with mostly boys. Huge bummer for her! PM me if you want to set up emails or snail mail between them!

Finally got to actually do something for this trip! Booked our flights from Austin with 1 stop each way. Austin to London to Copenhagen. I was going to avoid this itinerary because the Aus-Lon flight is flying the 787 Dreamliner which has terrible reviews for seat comfort. Fortunately, British Airways is changing planes to the 747 in March.

Finally got to actually do something for this trip! Booked our flights from Austin with 1 stop each way. Austin to London to Copenhagen. I was going to avoid this itinerary because the Aus-Lon flight is flying the 787 Dreamliner which has terrible reviews for seat comfort. Fortunately, British Airways is changing planes to the 747 in March.

Congratulations! I've got a hotel for Wednesday night in Copenhagen, but haven't booked a single flight yet. Looking at flights into Amsterdam and out of Copenhagen. I will be so ready for this adventure!

I’m looking at the Marriott but still a bit too far out to book it.

I’m looking at the Marriott but still a bit too far out to book it.

The Marriott in Copenhagen is completely booked for the entire month of August. It's not too early to book it, but you will need to look elsewhere. We talked to the Marriott and they told us that a large group had reserved the entire hotel. The hints we got suggested it might be Disney doing Adventures by Disney or pre/post cruise stays. Regardless, nothing available there. It might open up later, or it may stay booked for a while. We are going to try to lock in our accommodations fairly early...probably in the next few months. Amsterdam (our first stop) and Copenhagen appear to be very popular next summer!

We have 3 kids so it's a party of 5. Any recommendations for a pre-cruise stay? Thanks

We are considering AirBnB. We are traveling with four families (not that we are staying together) and the hotels are so expensive for four, let alone five that we are thinking about finding an apartment that can be rented for larger groups. There are some lovely apartments that can sleep six or more for less than a hotel.

The Adina Apartment hotel is away from the city center (closer to the port) but they have a 2 bedroom apartment that is $464 for four people a night (prepaid) that should sleep 5. I’m considering it since the Marriot is booked. Radisson Blu requires 2 rooms for 4 people so that is over $1000/night.

We are also looking at the Tivoli Hotel and the Absalon. We are staying at the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel for the night before the cruise.

We are adding on too! We're a set of grandparents from California, taking our two grandsons as they finish elementary school. Vin will be 12 and Nick will turn 12 at the end of the trip. Have done Disney cruise to Mexico, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean. Can't wait for this new adventure!

We have airfare and hotel booked now for our family of 4! Flying Delta from BOS to JFK to CPH, total of $617/person. We're arriving on Monday 8/6, spending 3 nts at Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade in a Wakeup Family room (it is 2 standard rooms with a connecting door). I added the breakfast buffet option. It comes to under $200/nt. It's located next to the Tivoli Hotel, 10-15 min walk from Tivoli/Copenhagen Central station. The rooms are supposed to be tiny, but we're just using the room to sleep/shower, etc. Flight home is at 3:20PM the day we debark.

I don't know how much availability there is, but I booked the Marriot for 1 night upon our return on the 16th. It's a junior suite but it sleeps 4 so I think that is still a better deal than 2 rooms. We'll do a bag drop once we are off the ship and use the day to explore until check in time. Just a short walk from Tivoli Gardens so that will be nice. Still booked at the Adina Apartment hotel for the pre-cruise stay.

If anyone is planning to do Stockholm on their own, I just discovered that Stockholm Pass is having a 10% off sale through Wed. 2/7/18. Use a credit card with no foreign transaction fee as it will be charged in Swedish Krona (SEK).

https://www.stockholmpass.com/stockholm-pass-prices.php

The Stockholm Pass includes 2 of the 3 HOHO bus companies in Stockholm, Vasa Museum, Skansen, and a lot more (over 60 attractions). We were mainly looking at it for those 3 things--HOHO, Vasa, Skansen. The Child Pass is for ages 6-15. (We'll have 3 adults and a 14 yr old--nice to save some money!) I paid to have it shipped to me, so we can just get off the ship and go! (They also will send you a guidebook that shows what you can use the pass on.)

If anyone is planning to do Stockholm on their own, I just discovered that Stockholm Pass is having a 10% off sale through Wed. 2/7/18. Use a credit card with no foreign transaction fee as it will be charged in Swedish Krona (SEK).

https://www.stockholmpass.com/stockholm-pass-prices.php

The Stockholm Pass includes 2 of the 3 HOHO bus companies in Stockholm, Vasa Museum, Skansen, and a lot more (over 60 attractions). We were mainly looking at it for those 3 things--HOHO, Vasa, Skansen. The Child Pass is for ages 6-15. (We'll have 3 adults and a 14 yr old--nice to save some money!) I paid to have it shipped to me, so we can just get off the ship and go! (They also will send you a guidebook that shows what you can use the pass on.)

This is great information! Do you know which pier we will be at? I'm trying to see where the HOHO bus would pick us up. For those of us with younger kids (mine will be 9 and 7 on the cruise), the kid pass isn't worth the money. Vasa, HOHO and the Nobel museum are all free for kids under 12 and Skansen is only $7.50 USD. However, there are savings for the adult tickets. Appreciate the info!

This is great information! Do you know which pier we will be at? I'm trying to see where the HOHO bus would pick us up. For those of us with younger kids (mine will be 9 and 7 on the cruise), the kid pass isn't worth the money. Vasa, HOHO and the Nobel museum are all free for kids under 12 and Skansen is only $7.50 USD. However, there are savings for the adult tickets. Appreciate the info!
I 'think' that we're here: F638 Frihamnen Berth. I was looking up the various cruise ports to see where the Magic was listed for our cruise. When cruise ships are in port, the HOHO buses are supposed to do the loop to Frihamnen.

It's a huge savings over the Disney excursion for Vasa/Skansen--$137/adult (including kids 10 and up). DD14's Stockholm pass came to $33USD, and our adult ones were $67 each. (Plus the shipping cost as I don't want to deal with trying to figure out where to redeem the vouchers.)

I 'think' that we're here: F638 Frihamnen Berth. I was looking up the various cruise ports to see where the Magic was listed for our cruise. When cruise ships are in port, the HOHO buses are supposed to do the loop to Frihamnen.

It's a huge savings over the Disney excursion for Vasa/Skansen--$137/adult (including kids 10 and up). DD14's Stockholm pass came to $33USD, and our adult ones were $67 each. (Plus the shipping cost as I don't want to deal with trying to figure out where to redeem the vouchers.)

Awesome, thanks! It never occurred to me to do the Disney excursion! But, at those prices, it doesn't make sense for sure. Thanks for the head's up. I've told everyone in my cruise group to go ahead and get the pass. I hope the Copenhagen Card runs a deal too

Awesome, thanks! It never occurred to me to do the Disney excursion! But, at those prices, it doesn't make sense for sure. Thanks for the head's up. I've told everyone in my cruise group to go ahead and get the pass. I hope the Copenhagen Card runs a deal too
The Copenhagen Card site was updated recently and payment can be made in USD. With the current exchange rate, the USD price is actually a bargain right now vs. if you were to pay in DKK, Euro, or GBP (and get the current exchange rate to USD). I bought ours last week as I was worried they might raise the USD cost to reflect the current exchange rates. I'm having them shipped to us...says 4-6 weeks for that. We went with the 72 hr card as we're arriving 3 days before the cruise (Monday 8/6/18) and will likely take the train right from the airport to Copenhagen Center and then walk the 10 minutes to our hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter