August 5, 2017 - Fantasy - Western Caribbean 7 Night

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
I think this hasn't been set up yet, so Yay!

This is for the August 5, 2017 Disney Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean cruise.

My husband, my son (11 on the cruise), and myself will be going. This will be our second Disney cruise, but we have done RCCL before. Our previous Disney cruise was on the Fantasy and was the same itinerary about the same week in 2014.

EDIT: Adding Fish Extender post

Fish Extender Sign Up Link (Run by @Jsmncrews)

Last edited:
We just booked this one today! It will be myself, my 11 year old son, and my mom. This will be our third cruise and our third ship. We have previously sailed the Dream in August 2015 and the Magic March 2016. We are super pumped for this one!

We just booked this one today! It will be myself, my 11 year old son, and my mom. This will be our third cruise and our third ship. We have previously sailed the Dream in August 2015 and the Magic March 2016. We are super pumped for this one!

I added my info to the first post. Our son will be 11 at the time of the cruise. Will this be your first 7 day cruise? If so, the 7 days is nice. We are excited too, since it's been a while since our last cruise.

Once we get more people on board, maybe we can set up a fish extender group, which I have never done, and some mixology/tasting classes for the group.

I added my info to the first post. Our son will be 11 at the time of the cruise. Will this be your first 7 day cruise? If so, the 7 days is nice. We are excited too, since it's been a while since our last cruise.

Once we get more people on board, maybe we can set up a fish extender group, which I have never done, and some mixology/tasting classes for the group.
This is our first 7 day cruise! For our first cruise we wanted to start with a shorter 3 night one just in case cruising was not for us and not knowing if we would get sea sick and be miserable the entire time. Our second one was a 3 night as well because it was all that fit into our schedule for spring break. All 3 of us agree that 3 nights is not nearly long enough.
I am up for doing the fish extender as we have done it on our previous cruises and love it! It is so much fun! We have not participated in any mixology classes yet because the times just didn't work well with the shorter cruises for us. I'm excited to do that for the first time as well!

maybe we can set up a fish extender group

I am up for doing the fish extender

It's a little early for starting a Fish Extender group. Typically 6-8 months out is a good time to get it going. Prior to that you'll find people who (when flush with the "I've just booked a Disney cruise!!!!" excitement) say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. Sometimes they've had a change of heart, or circumstances and cancel the cruise, or they find out that it's more work then they thought it would be. Then you're left with a long FE list that's full of holes.

By about 6-8 months out, most people have made the mental commitment to the cruise and are up to participating.

Hello!! I just booked this cruise. This will be our 3rd. We've previously sailed on the Dream. Super excited for a 7 night cruise and our first time on the Fantasy!!The 3 and 4 night are just too short. It will be myself (Stacey) and my 2 daughters who will be 17 and 14. I'm not going to tell them until Christmas just in case something comes up causing me to reschedule. But once Christmas comes around let the excitement begin!!!! :-) I've been a part of fish extenders on both cruises. My girls love it!!! It's always fun coming back to surprises.

Hello!! I just booked this cruise. This will be our 3rd. We've previously sailed on the Dream. Super excited for a 7 night cruise and our first time on the Fantasy!!The 3 and 4 night are just too short. It will be myself (Stacey) and my 2 daughters who will be 17 and 14. I'm not going to tell them until Christmas just in case something comes up causing me to reschedule. But once Christmas comes around let the excitement begin!!!! :-) I've been a part of fish extenders on both cruises. My girls love it!!! It's always fun coming back to surprises.

How nice, first 7 nighter and a surprise! Welcome aboard. Hopefully, we'll get more participants soon. Although, it is more than a year out. I guess we have time:rolleyes:

How nice, first 7 nighter and a surprise! Welcome aboard. Hopefully, we'll get more participants soon. Although, it is more than a year out. I guess we have time:rolleyes:
Thank you!!! I'm very excited!! My girls will be thrilled. A few participants will trickle in this far out and then about 3-6 months out they seem to pour in. So funny. I'm such a huge planner and knowing this far out gives me something to look forward too. :rotfl:I'm super excited for a longer cruise and being able to actually meet and get to know people. Time flies way to quickly on the shorter ones. It's always fun to see who will be joining us.

Our previous Disney cruise was on the Fantasy and was the same itinerary about the same week in 2014.
Hi!!! Even though it is so far away I can't help but thinking and dreaming about this cruise. I remembered you said you had done this same itinerary before. What shore excursions did you do on that cruise? I've already been researching. I'm figuring with a longer cruise then the last 2 we've been on , It's time to really start saving so we can do the excursions we want.

Hi!!! Even though it is so far away I can't help but thinking and dreaming about this cruise. I remembered you said you had done this same itinerary before. What shore excursions did you do on that cruise? I've already been researching. I'm figuring with a longer cruise then the last 2 we've been on , It's time to really start saving so we can do the excursions we want.

DS was 8 when we went, so that influenced some of our choices. He will be 11 for this cruise. In Cozumel, we did the dune buggy/snorkel. I wouldn't do it again. The dune buggies were hot and windy (well duh:). The brakes were bad on ours, and DH rear-ended another dune buggy and a truck in Cozumel traffic. It was slow, and no one was hurt. The snorkeling wasn't great either. The lunch wasn't very good, and we kept getting hounded to buy stuff. We have done the Atlantis sub twice, once alone and once with DS at 4, both with RCCL. It's expensive but really cool. I am thinking of doing the Secret River this time, but it does involve the ferry, which people complain about.

In Jamaica, we did the Green Grotto Cave. It was neat but a little hot. The swimming and lunch afterwards were nothing to write home about. I have pretty decided to not pay for food with excursions if I can, since the food on the ship is way better and free. DH and I did Dunn's River falls previously. I think we will do that, maybe with the bobsled. Otherwise, this might be the stop we stay on the boat.

Cayman we always do snorkeling. We did the Catamaran, Reef, and Kittiwake Sail/Snorkel. We want to do this again. Be sure to buy some rum cake, if you like it. There are shops right near the dock that sell it.

We did the glass bottom boat on Castaway Cay, but it was a waste. I would just enjoy the island and beach. We did rent snorkel gear ahead of time to get fins; we have masks and snorkels. However, I never used mine. They had plenty, so I think you can just get it day of.

DS was 8 when we went, so that influenced some of our choices. He will be 11 for this cruise. In Cozumel, we did the dune buggy/snorkel. I wouldn't do it again. The dune buggies were hot and windy (well duh:). The brakes were bad on ours, and DH rear-ended another dune buggy and a truck in Cozumel traffic. It was slow, and no one was hurt. The snorkeling wasn't great either. The lunch wasn't very good, and we kept getting hounded to buy stuff. We have done the Atlantis sub twice, once alone and once with DS at 4, both with RCCL. It's expensive but really cool. I am thinking of doing the Secret River this time, but it does involve the ferry, which people complain about.

In Jamaica, we did the Green Grotto Cave. It was neat but a little hot. The swimming and lunch afterwards were nothing to write home about. I have pretty decided to not pay for food with excursions if I can, since the food on the ship is way better and free. DH and I did Dunn's River falls previously. I think we will do that, maybe with the bobsled. Otherwise, this might be the stop we stay on the boat.

Cayman we always do snorkeling. We did the Catamaran, Reef, and Kittiwake Sail/Snorkel. We want to do this again. Be sure to buy some rum cake, if you like it. There are shops right near the dock that sell it.

We did the glass bottom boat on Castaway Cay, but it was a waste. I would just enjoy the island and beach. We did rent snorkel gear ahead of time to get fins; we have masks and snorkels. However, I never used mine. They had plenty, so I think you can just get it day of.
Thanks for the info. I definitely won't be doing the dune buggies. Hee Hee My girls love the beach, swimming, and waterslides. Kinda thinking about the All-Inclusive Jewel Beach Break in Jamaica, Fury Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Beach Party in Cozumel, and Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach in Grand Cayman. We've been to Castaway Cay twice. Last year we had a cabana. Loved that but can't spare the expense this time. We'll just swim, snorkel, ride bikes and relax. I love Castaway Cay!! Rum cake sounds yummy but unless they have gluten free I can't eat it. I have Celiac so that limits me.

Thanks for the info. I definitely won't be doing the dune buggies. Hee Hee My girls love the beach, swimming, and waterslides. Kinda thinking about the All-Inclusive Jewel Beach Break in Jamaica, Fury Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Beach Party in Cozumel, and Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach in Grand Cayman. We've been to Castaway Cay twice. Last year we had a cabana. Loved that but can't spare the expense this time. We'll just swim, snorkel, ride bikes and relax. I love Castaway Cay!! Rum cake sounds yummy but unless they have gluten free I can't eat it. I have Celiac so that limits me.

You could always check about the rum cakes and gluten. You never know. More and more things come out all the time. Have you ever taken the ferry in Cozumel? If so, how was it? We haven't done it yet.

You could always check about the rum cakes and gluten. You never know. More and more things come out all the time. Have you ever taken the ferry in Cozumel? If so, how was it? We haven't done it yet.
No, never done the ferry. Sounds fun though. I will definitely check to see if they have a gluten free rum cake. There are a lot more options these days, that's for sure.

Hi. Just booked today! It will be me, my husband, my daughter (12 then) and my son (9 then). We're also being joined by my sister, her husband and her son (12 then).

We've been in 4 other Disney cruises and have travelled to these ports on. Norwegian ship.

It will be my daughter's first year in the edge and I'm a little apprehensive about her having her freedom. She's got a good head on her shoulders and is responsible but has the absolute worst sense of direction! I'm surprised she can make it home from the mailbox at the end of the driveway

We're holding off on telling the kids for now. We've got a trip to WDW planned for Feb break and they don't know about that one either!

Can't wait!

Hi. Just booked today! It will be me, my husband, my daughter (12 then) and my son (9 then). We're also being joined by my sister, her husband and her son (12 then).

We've been in 4 other Disney cruises and have travelled to these ports on. Norwegian ship.

It will be my daughter's first year in the edge and I'm a little apprehensive about her having her freedom. She's got a good head on her shoulders and is responsible but has the absolute worst sense of direction! I'm surprised she can make it home from the mailbox at the end of the driveway

We're holding off on telling the kids for now. We've got a trip to WDW planned for Feb break and they don't know about that one either!

Can't wait!

I look forward to hopefully meeting you on the trip. Our son will be 11. He could technically go to Edge, but I don't know if he will go there or Oceaneer's. We'll see what he wants to do, I guess.

Hi all, just booked this cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and our 1st 7 night. Our 1st DC was a 4 night on the Dream. It will be myself and my 2 daughters (11 and 10). Super excited! Disney cruise app says 371 days to go, but hey who's counting lol.:rolleyes1:flower1:

Hi all, just booked this cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and our 1st 7 night. Our 1st DC was a 4 night on the Dream. It will be myself and my 2 daughters (11 and 10). Super excited! Disney cruise app says 371 days to go, but hey who's counting lol.:rolleyes1:flower1:

Glad to have you aboard:wave: It will be here before we know it:)

We just booked this cruise when we were on the 8-8-16 Disney Wonder cruise. Very excited! We've previously sailed to mexico on the west side in 2012 on the wonder. Excited to be on the bigger boat! It will be myself, my boyfriend and my two boys who will be 9&13 when we sail! I'm totally down to do the fish extender group too! We did a private mixology class with or last group and that was great!

We just booked this cruise when we were on the 8-8-16 Disney Wonder cruise. Very excited! We've previously sailed to mexico on the west side in 2012 on the wonder. Excited to be on the bigger boat! It will be myself, my boyfriend and my two boys who will be 9&13 when we sail! I'm totally down to do the fish extender group too! We did a private mixology class with or last group and that was great!

Glad to have you aboard. It sounds like there will be several kids around the same age. That could be really fun. I definitely want to try to do a private mixology, maybe more than one. I was looking at Fish Extenders on Etsy recently. So, I am pretty sure we want to do it, but it is a bit overwhelming.

So for the parents asking about the edge we just did this with my son who is currently 12. I gave him the freedom and would tell him (also wrote it on our door) when and where to meet us (show, dinner, cool family thing) and he was always there, sometimes before us!! It was awesome. The edge on the Wonder was an open door so they weren't really trapped in there so he would go there with the friends he made(play gaga ball or battle of the sexes) or roam the boat and swim, etc. He had a blast and he was out every night till 12-1 and came back when we were asleep. Was pretty cool. I was also very proud!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts