August 2020 Reservations-still going?

Well, was going to go for a quick trip. Booked about a month ago - and then the weather forecast for next week happened. I guess that's 2020 for you. Maybe next year.
are you talking about the tropical storm/hurricane? These things cannot be forecasted until maybe a day before, the last one was supposed to come closer to us, never did and that was the BEST weather day in the entire Summer season.

Well, was going to go for a quick trip. Booked about a month ago - and then the weather forecast for next week happened. I guess that's 2020 for you. Maybe next year.

We were down the weekend of Isaias where they were predicting tons of rain even up to the day before. The day the storm blew through we got a few short but strong showers in the morning. We had a few afternoon thunder showers throughout the week, which is normal for Florida, but they were short lived. Only one night did they linger into the evening. Otherwise, it was HOT, but not much rain. We go the beginning of August almost every year and this was one of the trips where rain was hardly a factor at all. You really can't go by the weather reports. It said the whole week would have been a washout.

are you talking about the tropical storm/hurricane? These things cannot be forecasted until maybe a day before, the last one was supposed to come closer to us, never did and that was the BEST weather day in the entire Summer season.

We were there during isiais and the weather was great. We drove down a bit earlier in case the weather was bad from SC but it all worked out great. We’ve been at WDW for tropical storms, not during a hurricane (yet), and it always works out. It always rains in the summer anyway. Worst case is one day may be more of a wash out but the paths change so much I feel like it just goes with the territory when you live near the coast.

I’m sure a lot of them become nothing, but it does happen. We were there in 2017 and spent 3 days in the hotel (and rest of the trip with very limited food choices at the hotel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!