*August 2019 check in*

What are some of your non-Disney plans?

We don't have a lot of time this trip, so we probably won't head out of Anaheim. We will probably hit In-N-Out once, and my son insists that we have to go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles too.

We don't have a lot of time this trip, so we probably won't head out of Anaheim. We will probably hit In-N-Out once, and my son insists that we have to go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles too.

We went to Roscoe's the last time we were in town. Although the food was OK, the service was horrid and the place was 75% empty at dinner time. I asked the lady at the check-in counter if I could buy one of the T-Shirts they had for sale. She told me that they had been out for weeks and had not re-ordered because are a "hassle". We won't be back. Another place we love is Shakey's Pizza at the other end of Harbor and across the freeway bridge. Yes, it's a cheap-o pizza place, but the lunch buffet is awesome and fills up my two boys on the cheap!

We are going to be staying in a DVC room at the Grand Californian Aug 15-18 while we take our daughter to college in So Cal, but still deciding if we are going to the parks. Anyone have info about how the will be handling entrances into SWGE at the time? When is WOC starting again? This is a 'last minute' trip for us due to daughter changing her college plans last minute, so I'm not up on anything since our trip last November! :-)

I will continue to monitor the DisBoards for guidance on SWGE, but whenever there is a new land/ride/event I want to try out, I do some reconnaissance a day or two before. I scope out the area, talk to CMs, and figure out the best strategy. That is what we'll do for SWGE. I really only want to ride SE once. I have a feeling that will be enough for me for this trip. If we can ride it early in the trip, then I don't have to worry about it. Otherwise, we'll have to use our MM to get close to the entrance of SWGE and then just wait for it to open...:darth:

:banana:

I''m kinda of the mindset that if we don't get in, we don't get in. We'll be in Florida in April and we can stress about it then if need be.

We won't be there until the end of August, so I figure there's enough time after the reservations for SWGE end for them to hopefully work out the kinks, or at least to get a good strategy. We'll have 4 days for the parks, and if we only do SWGE once that will probably be okay. I know we'll both want to do Smuggler's Run, and I'd like to go to Oga's and my son will probably want to build a droid. Not sure how long it will take to do all 3, plus any other looking around and shopping.

I''m kinda of the mindset that if we don't get in, we don't get in. We'll be in Florida in April and we can stress about it then if need be.

I feel kind of the same way. We are planning only 2 days due to time constraints, one in each park. And I would rather use my first morning hour knocking out Fantasyland and then move onto other rides. Our youngest has passed the 40" mark, so we're ready to ride Splash and Thunder without rider swapping. We'll try for a place on the digital queue, but I'm not giving up my morning to rush there. If we can't make it on the ride, then we'll get the chance when we take the kids to WDW next summer.

I will have a 5-day park hopper for solo trip in the second half of August. My assumption is that showing up early enough ought to get me into SWGE, however long the actual wait might be. No matter what's on offer, some guests just will not show up early for vacation stuff other than the first days of operation (e.g., 10-hour wait for Hagrid at IOA). That plus the virtual queue ought to help me out....I hope.

I will have a 5-day park hopper for solo trip in the second half of August. My assumption is that showing up early enough ought to get me into SWGE, however long the actual wait might be. No matter what's on offer, some guests just will not show up early for vacation stuff other than the first days of operation (e.g., 10-hour wait for Hagrid at IOA). That plus the virtual queue ought to help me out....I hope.
This is what we are thinking too. We arrive mid day on a Thursday so I may debating going to try for the Friday or the Saturday for Star Wars. The Saturday will or should have a 7 am emh so that might be better.

Sorry for going dark for a while, last Wednesday morning my mom tripped on her purse and broke a knuckle on her right hand and her left shoulder! It has been a bit of an insane time at work because sadly our office admin unexpectedly lost her mother the day before mine fell.

I think I have the list updated but as always, please let me know if I missed you!

My WoC dessert dates are not quite loaded yet, I can see right up until the day we arrive but we are not hitting the parks until the next morning. So close and yet so far! :)

Time to buckle down and actually plan our meals now!

Sorry for going dark for a while, last Wednesday morning my mom tripped on her purse and broke a knuckle on her right hand and her left shoulder! It has been a bit of an insane time at work because sadly our office admin unexpectedly lost her mother the day before mine fell.

I think I have the list updated but as always, please let me know if I missed you!

My WoC dessert dates are not quite loaded yet, I can see right up until the day we arrive but we are not hitting the parks until the next morning. So close and yet so far! :)

Time to buckle down and actually plan our meals now!

Oh no, so sorry!! seems like it is all at once always!!

I have made a few reservations and will figure out exactly what we will do once hours are released. Tomorrow we get our first day of hours haha, so hopefully by next week I can have that figured out. Honestly the Disney planning is what keeps me from losing my mind, gives me something to look forward to in all the insanity of summer.

I have made a few reservations and will figure out exactly what we will do once hours are released. Tomorrow we get our first day of hours haha, so hopefully by next week I can have that figured out. Honestly the Disney planning is what keeps me from losing my mind, gives me something to look forward to in all the insanity of summer.

We have a trip to Ontario in 10 days so I have that to look forward to before our Disney trip! (But it's really the Disney one I am excited about, tbh)

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope she (and you) are doing better today.

First dining reservation done!

WoC Dessert Party - Aug. 19 booked
Chefs Counter - Aug 21 maybe?
SH 55 breakfast - Aug 23
Lamplight Lounge - Aug 19 early dinner booked
Carthay Circle - Aug 22 maybe?

Sounds great!!!

We have a WOC Dessert party August 1st
Plaza Inn Breaky 10:30am Aug 2nd & 3rd, not sure which one yet
Carthay Circle Lunch Aug 2nd & 3rd, not sure which one yet
Lamplight early dinner August 4th

Once I get a chance to see how Star Wars is over the next couple weeks I will cancel what we don't need.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope she (and you) are doing better today.

Thank you for your good thoughts. She is in for surgery on her shoulder this morning so I anticipate that she is going to be on the road to recovery soon.

As they say: "bad things happen in 3's" and right now my son's middle school and our community is dealing with a tragic loss of a student after an accident at an end of school camping trip. I am really quite overwhelmed with all of this sadness.

Thank you for your good thoughts. She is in for surgery on her shoulder this morning so I anticipate that she is going to be on the road to recovery soon.

As they say: "bad things happen in 3's" and right now my son's middle school and our community is dealing with a tragic loss of a student after an accident at an end of school camping trip. I am really quite overwhelmed with all of this sadness.

Oh no that is so sad :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts