August 2018 discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't heard anything about the Labor Day deal, so I'm just assuming it wasn't meant to be for me. Have sent in 3 requests online over the last couple months and haven't heard anything back. After the first time, I really kept an eye on my spam but nothing. So Tuesday morning I decided to call, maybe was just getting lost between me filling it out and getting a reply. I did, no answer. Tried a few more times with no answer so I finally left a message. Still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm not trying anymore. I could still get a call, but at this point I'm thinking that it just isn't meant to be. It's odd considering how no one else has any issues.
That is super odd. I would keep trying everyday if I had to. It's worth it. At the bottom of the request you can pick a TA. I would try different TA's or look them up on Facebook and email them directly.

That is super odd. I would keep trying everyday if I had to. It's worth it. At the bottom of the request you can pick a TA. I would try different TA's or look them up on Facebook and email them directly.

Yeah, I may try again. Just frustrated at this point. The first request I chose no preference for a TA. The other two times I just picked one randomly. Like I said, somehow it must just be getting lost. I'm not on facebook or twitter.

Yeah, I may try again. Just frustrated at this point. The first request I chose no preference for a TA. The other two times I just picked one randomly. Like I said, somehow it must just be getting lost. I'm not on facebook or twitter.
I'm not on face book either, but their sites are open to the public. Just google it and it will pop up.

Still haven't heard anything about the Labor Day deal, so I'm just assuming it wasn't meant to be for me. Have sent in 3 requests online over the last couple months and haven't heard anything back. After the first time, I really kept an eye on my spam but nothing. So Tuesday morning I decided to call, maybe was just getting lost between me filling it out and getting a reply. I did, no answer. Tried a few more times with no answer so I finally left a message. Still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm not trying anymore. I could still get a call, but at this point I'm thinking that it just isn't meant to be. It's odd considering how no one else has any issues.
I'm so sorry to hear that! :worried:

I heard back this morning with a quote that was good! I selected any agent. Hubby went to confirm the time off work and now it looks like we may not be able to go at that time:(

If someone can message me the name of the agency that has the Labor Day deal, I would greatly appreciate it! We are wimps when it comes to the heat so we want to stay on the monorail loop - hopefully the Polynesian, but it is so pricey! Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for the reminder about this "deal"! we didn't take advantage of this last year, but this year we just maybe. I requested a quote and got some super awesome prices! Fingers crossed they an actually secure my first choice. I love disney but I love getting a deal even more!!

Anyone remember what the AP discounts have been previously for late August? In a search, I saw 30-35% off rooms. Does that sound right and should we anticipate that repeating? I know things can always be different. Just curious.

Thanks for the reminder about this "deal"! we didn't take advantage of this last year, but this year we just maybe. I requested a quote and got some super awesome prices! Fingers crossed they an actually secure my first choice. I love disney but I love getting a deal even more!!

WooHoo! In at poly for 8/24-8/26. We already have a reservation at BCV for the 19th-24th and now we are extending our vacation with the amazing deal. It was too good to pass up not adding onto our vacay!

Hi Dis friends. We had planned to go the first week of September and after reading this thread I put in for a quote. It seems too good to be true. I have seen a few people on here and on a few other sites say they have used them before but I will admit I'm skeptical. It seems so easy to have people (family members and friends)post positive reviews. I don't see them in the BBB. Anyone actually use them?
I do plan on only paying the deposit and making sure we get a confirmation #, the charge to go through Disney and have all of the details in MDE before I give them the rest.
Can anyone weigh in?

Thank you!
Melissa

Hi Dis friends. We had planned to go the first week of September and after reading this thread I put in for a quote. It seems too good to be true. I have seen a few people on here and on a few other sites say they have used them before but I will admit I'm skeptical. It seems so easy to have people (family members and friends)post positive reviews. I don't see them in the BBB. Anyone actually use them?
I do plan on only paying the deposit and making sure we get a confirmation #, the charge to go through Disney and have all of the details in MDE before I give them the rest.
Can anyone weigh in?

Thank you!
Melissa
I've used them 3 times. February, May and April. I generally get about 30-35% off the deluxe resorts with them. I haven't taken advantage of the August deal yet..maybe next year.

Can anyone weigh in?

Thank you!
Melissa

We used them in 2013 and had absolutely no issues. The tickets are convention tickets, so they aren't upgradable like regular tickets and because of that it's essentially a room only reservation. Both times we've used them I had no issue at all with getting the reservation in MDE, etc.

Anyone remember what the AP discounts have been previously for late August? In a search, I saw 30-35% off rooms. Does that sound right and should we anticipate that repeating? I know things can always be different. Just curious.

The discounts in late August are much higher than that. They are closer to 50 to 60% off of rack rates at the Poly.

Last time we took advantage the rack rate at the Poly was $442 a night and the travel agent was charging $189 a night.

I’ve emailed them 2xs (this time and once last year) and have only received the generic response that they will back to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!