AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

Prices are up this year big time. I'm looking at Aug 11-25, vehicle size not really a concern. Best I can do so far was to reserve a standard car with Budget for $595 CND, approx. $472 USD. I rented the same dates last August and got an SUV for about 25% less. Yikes. Costco has become absolutely useless over the past couple of years, their rates far worse than Expedia and Travelocity. Here's hoping for a drop.

Well....ran my numbers again today out of curiosity....lowest price was $572.79 !! :rolleyes2

So I am still holding at my current ressie rate $522.22:rolleyes:

Mine is $768.69 today. o_O Standard size, AP discount, with Alamo. $465.58 is what I currently have reserved.

Wow!!! Your ressie is saving you over $300 !!!! I didn't try running mine without the discount rate.
Let me try and see......
So without the discounts a Standard/FullSize for my dates and times are $796.51.
A premium would be less at $756.49!! ($40 less!! )

Using Costco 7014627/AU3Z64SDG It gives me a Standard/Fullsize for $572.79.

Wow!!! Your ressie is saving you over $300 !!!! I didn't try running mine without the discount rate.
Let me try and see......
So without the discounts a Standard/FullSize for my dates and times are $796.51.
A premium would be less at $756.49!! ($40 less!! )

Using Costco 7014627/AU3Z64SDG It gives me a Standard/Fullsize for $572.79.

Get this...the $768.69 was with the AP code. I just ran it with no discount. It's the same rate! hmmm

Yikes! I don't remember what we paid when we rented four years ago in August. But these prices are insane! Good luck! I do remember getting my best price a few days before we left!

Yes, the prices are high, but I'm fairly certain they'll come down. For a little encouragement, I just returned from Disney and, as usual, the prices did their big dive about 2 to 3 weeks out...and this was a busy spring break period, at least comparable to what August should look like.

My prices haven't shifted other than about a $15 drop if I 'pay now', but that's not happening.

Aug 30th-Sept3rd
minivan
Hertz at MCO terminal
$440

I found a better price $400, but it required payment up front with bad cancellation policy

Was able to snag a standard-size SUV (says Ford Edge or similar) with Budget for $390. I'll continue to monitor it to see if I can get lower, but I can live with this.

Canceled this reservation as we now have a minivan (Aug 18-25, pick up MCO / drop off Cape Canaveral) with Enterprise for $355.

I have a 15 day rental from Aug 24 - Sep 8 currently booked with Dollar (through Price line) for $489. Seems really high but I haven't seen anything lower yet.

Through AARP Travel Center, i was a able to get a standard from Aug 2-9, from Budget, for $289.

That's crazy, over $100/day. Hopefully price will come down.

yeah I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm not a costco member. just used kayak to look for best price. maybe its high because it's over labor day weekend?

I have a 15 day rental from Aug 24 - Sep 8 currently booked with Dollar (through Price line) for $489. Seems really high but I haven't seen anything lower yet.

I have a 15 day from 8/3 to 8/18 thru Alamo for $522. Your price sounds better than mine. But, I prefer Alamo over Dollar because my BJ's and/or Costco membership discount includes a free additional driver. If not, then I would have to add $170 to the rental price. :scared1:

Now I know some families don't require both to be able to drive. But in my family its a necessity for both of us to be listed as drivers. It would NOT be a good vacation if DH had to take me shopping at the outlets when he would rather stay at the resort and relax!! :laughing:

I have a 15 day from 8/3 to 8/18 thru Alamo for $522. Your price sounds better than mine. But, I prefer Alamo over Dollar because my BJ's and/or Costco membership discount includes a free additional driver. If not, then I would have to add $170 to the rental price. :scared1:

Now I know some families don't require both to be able to drive. But in my family its a necessity for both of us to be listed as drivers. It would NOT be a good vacation if DH had to take me shopping at the outlets when he would rather stay at the resort and relax!! :laughing:

I generally agree. I typically use Costco for my rentals as I prefer Alamo but cash is king. Cheapest I can currently get through costco is almost $700.

We are new to needing a car. Going to the dark side this trip. Flights were unbelievably cheaper when we added a day, so we added a day and a hotel on Cocoa Beach, so we need a car for two days, one night. We will fly into Sanford. Stay at Cocoa Beach and return the car in Orlando. Avis is the onsite car rental company but right now almost 4 times as much as Budget. Someone please help with rental companies. I am leaning towards renting with Budget for the 2 days. Dropping family at the hotel and then returning the car and ubering back to the hotel. :/

...Avis is the onsite car rental company but right now almost 4 times as much as Budget. ...

I haven't flown into SFB, but I was under the impression that there are several onsite agencies there (or do you mean you need to pick up the car at the hotel?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter