August 2016 - Lets Plan Together Starting Now!!!

tami82

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen any boards for this month yet so I'm starting one.

We are planning our 3rd trip to the world next August. We will be staying at our dream resort Polynesian August 14 to 21. I am so excited and already starting to prepare now. i even just bought a bathing suit for next year. Lol.

Anyone else going at this time and how far in advance do you start to prepare?

We will be at POFQ 8/21-8/31/15 and if offered will be booking a Free Dining bounceback for next August.

Last edited:
We are headed back for our second trip in August as well! Right now I have the 13-20th booked but I believe it will shift to the right and we'll be there 20-26. I just made the deposit yesterday and will finalize the actual date in a few months. I stayed at the Contemporary last August but we are leaning towards the Poly this next trip.

Hi!!! So excited that I will be there exactly one year from today! It will be our first time back in 5 years....definitely going thru Disney withdrawal. Staying for a week at POR. First time there.

Just booked Riverside Aug. 26th - Sept. 2nd.
Thinking about adding on a few days at the Poly or Pop before checking in to Riverside.

Joining the post just in case we make a return visit in August 2016. DW wasn't considering another trip until 2017. My DN and her family joined us for a few days on our last trip a few weeks ago. Just told me that had she known she was going to have so much fun with us, she would have booked more days. She's already talking about a return trip possibly in 2016 and wants us to go. Need a lot of Disney magic and much pixie dust for this one!!! pixiedust:

We just returned from a visit at POR from 8/27-9/3. I am trying to plant the seed for next August with my wife now but won't really know until March or April of next year. :D

--Tim

We were in Disney Aug 16-20 this year on a 'magical' vacation. It was our first time visiting in August (we usually go in October) and it was great. Super hot but not as crowded as we were expecting.

We're planning to go on another 'magical' vacation Aug 14-19 next year. ;)

Hi everyone. I thought I'd join in. We were there Aug 25 - Sept 4. We booked a bounceback for Aug 26 -Sept 4 next year. We already can't wait. DS14 has already begun the countdown.

We got a 'magical' quote from our TA yesterday and will be booking our August 2016 trip this week.

Aug 14-Aug 19 at the Polynesian! Yeah!!

Same here the magical deal August 15-21 at Poly. I'm so psyched what a great deal!!!!

We will be returning to the Beach Club August 24-31! Also a magical deal! So excited to plan with all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!