August 12-19. Looks like a very busy week!

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
We are booked at Portofino August 12-19. I was checking sites because I’m neurotic about new rates opening up and looks like Portofino, HRH and RP are booked solid! Thank goodness we will have EP!

We are booked at Portofino August 12-19. I was checking sites because I’m neurotic about new rates opening up and looks like Portofino, HRH and RP are booked solid! Thank goodness we will have EP!
Interesting I see PBH Garden view king for $369/nt ($394 on weekends) from the 12th to 19t, but no Hard Rock and only the Captains Presidential suite at RPR. Maybe a big convention?

Well certain nights may be available. It is when Northern kids are still on summer break, and the Annual Passholders night is the 18th. Hence, still summer crowd time.

And since my college kids do not go back to school until the 26th of August, we too will be at PBH from 16 to 21, as we so enjoyed last year’s AP night.

We're going 17-25 Aug and while checking for any rate drops see that RPR is only offering the Presidential Suite, so assume all other rooms are sold out. Have our room, but dissapointed that crowds seem to be increasing instead of slightly decreasing that time period. Thought everyone else vowed to not go in August because it was too hot !
Avoiding Disney now due to crowds, was hoping for a better experience at Universal.

Best way to predict crowds is to look at when the parks normally close. They go to 9 pm towards the end of August, so weekdays, will not be as busy until the local schools let out. And locals come on weekends too.

And have to say, love it when it is hot. Water rides are fun and feel good when you are hot, and nice, warm nights.

Best way to predict crowds is to look at when the parks normally close. They go to 9 pm towards the end of August, so weekdays, will not be as busy until the local schools let out. And locals come on weekends too.

And have to say, love it when it is hot. Water rides are fun and feel good when you are hot, and nice, warm nights.

Not a big fan of the heat, but Florida isn't that much different than Maryland in summer... but the time period is when we usually go (has been Disney for last few years) and pick the time because crowds drop a little (not a lot, but some) as some schools go back. Why not thrilled to hear/see hotels selling out. Guess good will have EP.

If you have EP, I wouldn't worry too much about the crowds. We've been the weekend before Thanksgiving the last 2 years and EP really takes the bite out of crowds. Two of our days were 10 level crowds and you could feel that walking around but not waiting in long lines for rides meant we still really enjoyed it. Even though I'm well versed in using FP I wouldn't go to Disney that week

Yes - EP makes all the difference in the hot, August heat. Lots of times we will just stay by the pool all afternoon and take advantage of EP later in the evening.

For the past 3 years we've booked one of the top 3 hotels (for express) for a week in mid August, usually 6 months or so in advance. Price always goes down. Always... not this time. I pick mid to late August since things are usually cheaper, crowds are fewer.... I admit I've been asking myself where are all these people coming from??? Who is as crazy as me to go in the hottest month just because it's cheaper and slower??? Apparently everyone now.

My daughter is there now and says crowds aren't that bad. This is her first time without EP (Mommy didn't pay for the trip) and isn't complaining about lines at all. She says the heat is horrid and we are from Alabama so it's got to be bad for her to complain

My daughter is there now and says crowds aren't that bad. This is her first time without EP (Mommy didn't pay for the trip) and isn't complaining about lines at all. She says the heat is horrid and we are from Alabama so it's got to be bad for her to complain
That is good to know, we'll be there Wednesday... hopefully too hot for the regulars and nobody's skipping school!

We are heading for our first trip tomorrow (Thursday) and I was also surprised to see that no more rooms are available. I'm super glad that we booked the Portofino. I wonder if it is so booked because of the "Annual Passholder's Night" on Sunday night? US closes at 8, and I'm wondering if it would be better to head to Volcano Bay that afternoon, and spend the evening there. We had been planning on Monday morning, but wondering if all the passholders will get up, tired, and decide that Volcano Bay is just the place to hang out Monday morning. Any advice on that?

We are arriving Friday for the week. Although, we will be attending passholder night, I am hoping the crowds for the remainder of the week drop off. We have visited several times this time of year and in our experience we have noticed that a lot of UK families visit this time of year (which I love to hear the various accents) as their kids do not start school until the first of September, so that possibly may be why the deluxe hotels are booked up. Could be a lot of conferences as well.

We are heading for our first trip tomorrow (Thursday) and I was also surprised to see that no more rooms are available. I'm super glad that we booked the Portofino. I wonder if it is so booked because of the "Annual Passholder's Night" on Sunday night? US closes at 8, and I'm wondering if it would be better to head to Volcano Bay that afternoon, and spend the evening there. We had been planning on Monday morning, but wondering if all the passholders will get up, tired, and decide that Volcano Bay is just the place to hang out Monday morning. Any advice on that?

We like VB at night, especially while raining or just after a rain. Lower crowds and love the lights in the park. I would think Monday morning would be okay too, as local kids are back to school, and there may be some late risers after a party Sunday, that may not get to the park until later. I'm not sure what we are doing, but we may be doing Aquadica, since we have passes for that park, mainly because it does not open until 10 that morning.

I'd say either would be a good time, and which ever time you choose, I hope you have a great time. We enjoy that park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!