Aug 1 at Port Canaveral Radisson

BethA

DIS Veteran
We stayed at the Radisson the night before our Aug 2 cruise and didn't have any of the problems other recent posters have mentioned. We had a siute with 2 kings and a sofa bed-not so comfortable, but ok for 1 night, and a Carribean room. The rooms were clean, great shampoo, etc-- there were some areas in the bathroom that appeared to be rust stained around the floor, but it definitely was clean and we will stay there next year. We ate dinner at the Greek restaurant--WAY too slow service, and had the breakfast buffett in the hotel. My son loved the pool, and they played minigolf next door and did the gocarts. The shuttles to the port were very disorganized, but they said they are adding a few more--I guess since Avis moved. This was our third stay there with no problems. Beth

Thanks, Beth for the update! My DH will be thrilled to hear that they have go-carts nearby - he's a big kid at heart!:)

When we stayed in Jan. 2003, our experience was great for one night. Our stay this June was a whole nother story however. There was pubic hair all over the bathroom floor as well as a dead cockroach! My feet turned balck from walking around the suite with bare feet and when we get into bed at night, let's just say that the sheets didn't either feel or smell clean. Now our friends suite was perfectly fine. We stayed since it was only one night and we were excited about our cruise, but I did tell that the next morning that maybe they needed to clean alittle better!
Upon arriving home, Radisson sent me an e mail questioning me about my recent stay. I simply told them that our stay was okay, but this time around the place was rather dirty. They quickly e mailed me back and sent me a one night's gift certificate for any Radisson in the US. It was a very unexpected surprise. I'm using it in january prior to our cruise, but at the Radisson in Orlando.
Carolyn

Originally posted by BethA
We stayed at the Radisson the night before our Aug 2 cruise and didn't have any of the problems other recent posters have mentioned. We had a siute with 2 kings and a sofa bed-not so comfortable, but ok for 1 night, and a Carribean room. The rooms were clean, great shampoo, etc-- there were some areas in the bathroom that appeared to be rust stained around the floor, but it definitely was clean and we will stay there next year. We ate dinner at the Greek restaurant--WAY too slow service, and had the breakfast buffett in the hotel. My son loved the pool, and they played minigolf next door and did the gocarts. The shuttles to the port were very disorganized, but they said they are adding a few more--I guess since Avis moved. This was our third stay there with no problems. Beth

A few questions, if you don't mind. Are you saying that the sofa bed was not comfortable, or the suite itself? Is the breakfast buffet included? By "very disorganized" do you mean that you had to wait a long time to get shuttled or it was just confused but not really involving major delay? Thanks!!!

The sofa bed was not comfortable--maybe if I wasn't so excited for the cruise the next day I would have slept better. The 2 king beds were great. The suite was clean, and roomy. The breakfast was not included, so you could go right across the street to McDonalds as another choice. There was supposed to be a sign up sheet with assigned times for the van, however it didn't matter because people just tried to get on when the van showed up and the driver didn't even have the list. We had a time of 10:30 and got on around 11, with people still from 10:15 and some that just insisted on getting on first. I think they should have a list and stick to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter