auberge discovery bay?

goteamSy

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is allowed here as it's not a "Disney" hotel, but it looks really close to DLHK - does anyone know anything about it? It looks brand new so I can't seem to find anything on Trip Advisor or anywhere :confused3

Looks like it could be good value (at opening rates at least), but I'd have to be convinced about the isolated location. It is geographically close to DL, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get there. It says there is a public bus to Sunny Bay (about 8km) and Tung Chung stations, but I don't see any bus stops on google maps (unless it's a new service specifically for this hotel) and I wouldn't know how frequent/reliable the HK bus service is either. Not sure how else you would get around without your own transport. It is a nice trip on the ferry between Central and Lantau, but not sure I'd want to do it too many times, and the dock seems to be a decent walk from the hotel.

If I had more time in HK on my upcoming trip, I'd be happy to check out the transport situation for you (I think it could be worth further investigation), but I don't think I'll be able to fit it in.

Personally I think the trains are so awesome in HK, I wouldn't really consider staying anywhere that wasn't within walking distance of a station.

This will come down to what sort of holiday you want. It looks gorgeous but it seems like its in a very quiet spot. I'm not sure what the public transport is like to/from Discovery Bay and it might be something you want to check out.

It is reasonably far away from Hong Kong city proper i.e., seems like at least 45 minutes to get to the Jordan area for the night markets; but as I said....it does depend on what experience you're looking for in Hong Kong.

Thanks for your replies!

Right now we plan on splitting up our stay throughout Hong Kong.

We will be spending time staying in the actual city (which we find hotels really expensive, which is why we decided to split up our trip into different parts). So once on Lantau Island we really don't plan on going back to HK proper.

We will also be spending a night in Macau.

Then, we have two nights planned for Lantau Island (to see the Big Buddha/relax one day and then DLHK the second day, leaving the third).

I found this hotel at a great rate (because its new), but yeah, it's a huge risk because we know nothing about it. The transportation is a slight issue but if we have time we may be okay. I have to look into that aspect a little more. I know the hotel offers shuttles to/from discovery bay but you would have to take a bus from the train stops I believe to first get to discovery bay. I dunno. It's definitely a hassle but at the same time it's half the cost of staying on HKDL property so I guess we have to weigh our options.

Actually, I think we decided on the SkyCity Marriott. Cheaper than staying on prop, not as up in the air as this new place, and we'll get points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter