Attempting a trip with the TERRIBLE TWOS! [Nov 24th - Dec 5th] Update 3/9

allysetraskos

Allyse Grant
Welcome to my Trip Report
So I did a pre-trip report which can be found here:
Attempting a trip with the TERRIBLE TWOS! Pre-Trip Report - [Nov 24th - Dec 5th]

INDEX:
Day 1 - Nov 24th -Mid Day Flight Is Alright
Day 2 - Nov 25th - Officially In Disney
Day 3 - Nov 26th - Making the most out of Magic Kingdom
Day 4 - Nov 27th - Underwhelmed with Pandora

The Grants:

ndn8rq.jpg

Gavin, William, Allyse & Greyson

Allyse:
The name is Allyse pronounced: Uhh-Lease, although to my boys I go by Mama!
I work full time as an Executive Ambassador for the largest online mortgage company.
Part time I work as a Disney Travel agent.
I like to scrapbook, take pictures, sew & make videos as well.
Disney is much more then a "like" or a "hobby" to me, my husband calls it an obsession lol
We had a Disney inspired Beauty & The Beast Wedding & honeymooned there, so at least my husband knew what he was getting himself into!
I have loved Disney since I was a little girl & wish we didn't live 19 hours away.
I have two Disney tattoos, love to Disneybound dress up when I go, & make my own ears!
Favorite ride: Splash Mountain
Favorite restaurant: Be Our Guest
Favorite character: Belle!

William:
This is my husband William.
He works in a factory, he was the one who suggested this trip. My Disney insanity is growing on him and hes slowing becoming obsessed himself. His first trip was in 2013, his favorite part about Disney is Fantasmic and the food hence why we always go during free dining.. He will probably kill me for sharing this but during the Christmas castle lighting he crys... I love it. lol
He is a big Avatar fan so is extremely excited to go on a trip this year, he is also a huge Star Wars fan and cannot wait until the Star Wars land is completed.
Favorite ride: Thunder Mountain / Peter Pans Flight
Favorite restaurant: Pecos Bills
Favorite character: Buzz Lightyear

Gavin:
Gavin is 8 years old, He loves playing video games such as Minecraft & Rollercoaster Tycoon. He wants to build rides and be a engineer when he grows up. He plays soccer and football. He is my picky child and cautious child. He is in the phase of being afraid of everything. He hates bugs and will literally have a meltdown if I drive with the car windows open. He is so smart though and can do math in his head better then I can.
Favorite ride: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train & Space Mountain
Favorite restaurant: Chef Mickeys
Favorite character: Goofy

Greyson:
Greyson is 2, He is my WILD child, completely fearless and ALWAYS moving / getting into something. Greyson is the most non-content child you will ever meet but he is a big sweetheart and such a good helper. He loves animals especially puppy's and will stop what he is doing if he hears a fire truck or police car to look out the window.
Favorite ride: Casey Jr. Splash & Soak Station & Finding Nemo Ride.
Favorite restaurant: All buffets
Favorite character: Goofy

Last edited:
Mid Day Flight is alright!

Day 1 - Nov. 24th

We of course decided to fly out the day after Thanksgiving.. The biggest shopping holiday, and a peak time for travel. Reason being I got a great deal on airfare and couldn't resist. We booked a 4:20pm flight and were able to still go shopping in the morning which was amazing. I will never book an early morning flight again, it is always so chaotic running around making sure you have everything.. Everyone half awake and grumpy. Leaving in the afternoon we were able to sleep in (8:30am with a toddler) and not feel rushed.

We got to the airport 2 hours early because we were worried about the people traveling back home from the holiday and it honestly wasn't that bad, my director at work gave me a 3 month free trial to the 'Clear Me' program which is similar to TSA pre-check and we completely cut the line our "First Fast Pass" hahaha.
giphy.gif

Once we got checked in we realized our gate was right across from the security screening which was fantastic we only had to walk a few feet! We went over and ate at McDonald's and sat in our area.

I then saw the luggage people driving the tram... about 6 bags fell off it a decent 100 feet away. I marked our bags with masking tape with big "G's" on them so they would stand out on the carousel, however I saw 2 of the bags with the G's get picked up by the workers and literally thrown down the pavement. Not exaggerating they did like a shot put spin and THREW THEM.. of course they only few about 7 feet because they have 40 pounds of stuff in them. I was livid watching them throw our stuff, like who does that?! I just prayed nothing was damaged.
giphy.gif

We got on our flight it was a really smooth takeoff, flight and landing.. My youngest wasn't feeling good so he slept 80% of the way... My husband didn't freak out like he usually does so I was proud of him.

Once we landed we made our way over to the Alamo counter and got our rental car for the 1 day we were renting it, of course they give my husband a Charger Challenger? (I'm not a car person, I can tell you like the color of cars and the amount of doors). It had the vroom vroom sound to it so he was excited. He nearly killed us on the freeway, Florida roads are so strange to me, the turn lane everything is just weird and confusing.
giphy.gif

We got to our hotel at the Serlago... It was pretty run down but for 1 night we had to endure it was okay. We ate at a Waffle House and OMG it was amazing, the hash browns were to die for. We don't have any nearby so I likely will have to wait a few years until I can have them again.

Up next: Checking into Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Last edited:

"Officially" in Disney

Day 2 - Nov. 25th

We woke up at the Serlago hotel.. It wasn't' the worst hotel I have ever stayed at but I defiantly wouldn't be booking there again if I ever had the choice. The ads online are very deceiving. When we checked out they "offered" us a complimentary breakfast so I was like oh cool! The catch was we had to go over to their other hotel (Time share) and sit through a *quick* presentation.. I was like okay well I have a 2 year old who is just getting over a cold so how long is the presentation like 30 min? No it was ONLY 90-120 minute presentation... 2 hours for a free breakfast? - Nope.​
YMo49xn.jpg

We checked out of Serlago at 11am and drove over to Caribbean Beach Resort just to see if we could drop off our luggage totally not expecting a room to be ready that early since checkin was at 3pm.. To my surprise they had a room ready in Jamaica. We drove over there, now when we got to the room it was on the 2nd floor.. I was a bit bummed because I faxed in a request but figured since we checked in early it voided all my requests out. We noticed we didn't get a Murphy bed, we REALLY wanted a Murphy bed because my 8 year old wiggles and it is a pain to sleep with him. My husband said call to see if we can get a roll away bed, they don't have them at CBR. He then said why not call just to ask if they have any Murphy beds open, it doesn't hurt to ask. So I called and with in 5 minutes we were moved to a room in Aruba with a pull down bed. :tink:Lesson learned it doesn't hurt to ask the worst they can say is no.
We were in a great middle point close to the bridge to the main pool as well as being in between both bus stops so we could choose which one we wanted to go to.

I noticed I cracked my phone camera glass, luckily it wasn't over the lens so I can take pics still without it looking terrible. This is the second time I have broke it this year, I am becoming a pro at phone camera repair, the parts cost like $10 on ebay.​
giphy.gif

We got unpacked then went off to do our shopping. The husband wanted to hit the Nike outlet so he did that, I went to a few little gift shops in walking distance. We then drove over to the Disney outlet; AMAZING! I got a shirt, hoodie, mouse ears for my oldest and a outfit for my youngest all for under $30! After that we went to Walmart to get groceries and Target to pickup some diapers. We were cutting it close on time to take back the car so we drove over to Disney's car care center and luckily the return shuttle had just pulled up so we didn't have to wait and the 3 other families on board were all going to CBR too!:woohoo:

We got back to the hotel and settled in with all our stuff, we were pretty hungry so we headed over to the Center town buffet since a buffet meal was only 1 quick service credit I was pretty stoked. That was short lived because it was pretty slim pickings, my husband was less then impressed with the Caribbean infused dishes (He is my plain Jane, Mr. Meat and Potatoes.) I suppose if you are on the dining plan it is a better value then a burger and fris. We let the kids play around a little bit in the sand, they had trivia going on which my oldest enjoyed. We went back to the room afterwards took baths and got ready for bed for our early morning rope drop!

Magic Kingdom up next!

Last edited:
Making the most out of Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Nov. 26th

I set my alarm for 6:30am Magic Kingdom opened at 8am. It was a struggle to wake up my kids and husband, you would of thought they would have been pumped and ready to roll.. Nope. I almost had to threaten to leave them. Eventually they got moving We got out of the hotel and headed over to Aruba’s bus stop. I didn’t know Aruba picked up last, I thought by Jamaica and Aruba having their own busses it wouldn’t be a big deal (We had stayed at Coronado before at the last stop and never had an issue getting on the bus). Not the case at Caribbean Beach Resort. We had to wait for 3 busses to make it to Magic Kingdom *Made a mental note to go to Jamaica going forward*.
We got to the park a bit after 8am so we missed the new morning welcome show which I was a bit bummed about. We headed over to Space Mountain because the husband and DS8 wanted to ride Space Mountain, the line said only 15 minutes so they went on. I decided to take DS2 on Astro orbiter since it was a walk on with no wait. Man that ride makes me dizzy… I forgot how much I hate it. For that being our first ride my little one loved it, He didn’t want to get off and threw a fit exiting in the elevator down. After that I went on Space Mountain DS8. My hubby took DS2 on Buzz Lightyears Space Spin.
33pgi36.jpg

34jexp5.jpg

16la8ol.jpg

After we got off we went to the front of the park to see about getting a DAS pass for my oldest, I never knew about the DAS system in trips past and if you have read some of my stuff it has been a struggle with him in the parks from him handling lines to me breaking down and crying over him sticking his hand in somebody’s Dole Whip to taste it. We were able to get the DAS pass with no problem the guest services Cast Member was wonderful we signed up and were on our way. Let me tell you that pass made our trip the best it had ever been. I literally don’t know how we would of made it 9 days in the parks without it, we wouldn’t of.. We would of probably gave up after day 4. I am so thankful they offer that for families who have kids with disabilities that are not visible.
After we finished at guest services we went over to Adventureland and went on Magic Carpets & Pirates of the Caribbean (FP+). We then made our way to Frontierland the husband and older son went on Thunder Mountain (FP+) and I stayed in the little toddler play area with DS2, HE LOVED IT. I personally feel like since they took away the Woody and Jessie meet they have all that extra area near the bathrooms in Frontierland by the Splash Mountain exit they should expand the play area. I went on Splash Mountain (FP+) solo after husband and DS8 got off Thunder Mountain. I felt a little weird riding solo so I made a Facebook live video. My husband and DS8 rode Splash Mountain after.
6s88qv.jpg

ehj7sw.jpg
We then went over to Pescos Bill’s for lunch which is my husband’s fav quick service place ever. I got the Fajitas, husband got the Nachos and my oldest got chicken nuggets and fris from the Golden Oaks outpost right across from it. Thank goodness for the dining plan I forgot how much it costs to eat in the parks! My youngest wasn’t feeling so well so he slept through lunch of course.
We finished up lunch around 12:30pm and headed over to the Jungle Cruise (FP+).. I love it and all the corny jokes. We walked over to the Barnstormer and road that next it was my DS2 “rollercoaster ride” aside from a little dragon ride at the carnival and he LOVED IT! We had a little thrill seeker. I was so happy he had fun on it he wanted to go on again. We have met Cinderella tons of times at different locations but have never met Elena, my youngest watches her at Daycare on Disney Jr. so we went over to meet them. He didn’t do to well, I’m not sure if it was because he wasn’t feeling well but I thought to myself *This isn’t a good sign with all the character dining ahead of us lol*. After the princess we went over and rode the under the sea ride, Dumbo, Winnie the pooh, small world, Monsters Inc. laugh floor, Buzz Lightyears space spin and my DS8 and I rode Space Mountain again.
qquws2.jpg
23uab9y.jpg

6qfvww.jpg
wgrear.jpg

105xjsw.jpg
We had a 5:30pm dinner at Be Our Guest restaurant, we didn’t wait too long for a table. We were seated in the main room near the falling snow and xmas tree. Dinner was AMAZING as usual. BOG has the best steak on property you can cut through it with a butter knife. I could literally eat there every day if possible. We were so full we couldn’t eat our dessert so we asked if we could get it boxed up to take back to the resort, they gladly did. My DS8 isn’t a big fan of sweets or cakes (I know crazy right?) so I picked out a Strawberry cupcake for him, Lemon cupcake for myself and my husband wanted the cheesecake looking thing that had the gray stuff on it. We got to meet The Beast after dinner, my DS2 was not thrilled and wanted nothing to do with standing near the best.. Understandable he’s a bit big and he has never seen that character lol​
e800id.jpg
When we were done with dinner the Christmas party was going on, It was snowing on main street and everything smelled like gingerbread. It was wonderful. We have done the MVMCP in 2014 and it was honestly a waste for us we left by 10:30pm.

Last edited:
Underwhelmed with Pandora
Day 4 - Nov. 27th

We didn't wake-up early today we "slept in" and got to Animal Kingdom at about 10:00am... We had a FP+ for Navi River Journey so we booked it over to Pandora! This was our first time seeing Pandora and I was so excited over the hype! Upon entering from far away I was impressed, it looked pretty cool. We went over to Navi River however the ride was down! - So disappointed.. We were told that we could have a FP+ for anything in the park EXCEPT Flight Of Passage OR we could wait to see if the ride would run later. I'm not thrilled I like that because you can only choose 1 Pandora ride to begin with, I feel like you should get the option to ride the other... I guess I can understand it would get really backed up at FOP, its just a sucky situation. Anyways since the ride was down we did a little bit of walking around and got a DAS pass for FOP which had a 3 hour return time, watched the drum show... After walking around I realized I was underwhelmed. I was excited from afar but after seeing how small Pandora was, it didn't live up to the hype to me nor did it justify the time it has taken to construct it.

Moving on, I kept telling my husband how badly I wanted to get a Pluto popcorn bucket and I told him as we were walking to our next FP+ Kilimanjaro safaris that if I didn't find a popcorn bucket today I would buy a regular one... As soon as we rounded the corner out of Pandora what do I find?! MY POPCORN BUCKET! It was the only place that still had some (Side note the whole trip we didn't see 1 stand have them again.) I was super stoked! My little one was starting to feel a bit better and asked for a Banana so I bought him one even though it killed my soul to purchase 1 banana for the price I would normally get 6 for.
New-Pluto-Christmas-Season-Popcorn-Bucket-at-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

We went on the Safari ride my kids love animals so they really enjoyed it. The Lions were out standing around so it was cool. After the ride we walked over to eat at Flame Tree BBQ for lunch. We have never ate there before and man was it worth it! We had legit a full slab of ribs left over with a quick service credit! - Best quick service meal ever!

2cr4mm0.jpg

After we ate DS8 and myself went on Expedition Everest with FP+, last year he LOVED that ride and went on it like 10 times. This year he hated it, I have no idea why... but he didn't want to go back on it for my DH to rider swap and my husband feels weird going on rides alone so he didn't ride. :worried:

We made our way back over to Pandora to use the DAS pass but saw Navi was open again!! We basically walked right on with our FP+. It was a cute ride, was I "WOWED" - nope, but it was something different. After Navi we went over to FOP.. Husband and DS8 rode first, I didn't take my Dramamine and was very skeptical about riding w/o it because I literally wanted to die on Star Tours and Soarin. (3D rides kill me). I walked around with the baby we sat down and chatted with an older lady who goes once a week to the parks just to walk around, it was sweet. I decided to go on FOP after DH and DS8 got off... DS8 told me he closed his eyes just about the whole time so he didn't see anything, I held his hand this time and we had a "system" that I would squeeze his hand if a 'scary' part was coming so he could close his eyes.. That time around he kept his eyes open about 80% of the ride he says and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it too and wasn't sick!! - That ride was the best part about Pandora.

s4156d.jpg

We had dinner reservations in Epcot so we park hopped over there, went over to the Nemo ride and was able to get a FP+ to walk on immediately. My DS2 LOVED it. We saw Dolphins for the first time there, I didn't know there was even a dolphin tank!!

We had dinner at The Garden Grill which I haven't ate at in 21 years! (Yes when I was my sons age I ate there on my family vacation!). The food was great, we were a bit full still from our huge lunch but I would def go back there again. The character interaction was great, my oldest had a blast and my youngest was starting to warm up to the characters more and more. The Dessert was AMAZING, I wish I wasn't so full I could of ate way more.

28rphz6.jpg

After dinner we walked over and saw Baymax didn't have a wait at all so we met with him... We decided to try 1 more ride, we were able to score FP+ for test track. I went on first with DS8 then the husband went on with DS8... As I was waiting my DS2 was thirsty so I went over to a little stand to get him a powerade (tryign to build up those electrolytes) unfortunately the guy didn't have any left, he saw I was bummed because my youngest kept yelling "juice"... He gave us 2 mickey pretzels on the house! :tink:That was so nice of him, he didn't have to do that!

2m7szzq.jpg

2eci0sh.jpg

We found powerade at another stand and walked back to test track where we met my DH and DS8... We decided that it was getting late, we were all too full and tired. We went back to the hotel.

Following along! We are headed down at this time next year (Nov 24-Dec 1). Two things that jump out at me:
We seem to have similar motion sickness (Star Tours is a no, Astro Orbiter pushes me to the edge, I can do Soarin, at least the old version, haven't seen the new). Very happy to hear you did FOP with no problem! I plan to take Bonine just in case, but so glad to hear it *might* not be a problem.
Secondly, we won't be doing MVMCP. My niece is too young and my teenagers aren't that into characters or shows (we like character meals but I don't see them standing in lines for most characters). Plus the price...not worth it for us. We'll watch the fireworks from the Poly. The ONE thing I did want to see is the snow on Main Street. And you did!!! Now I'm thinking we need a dinner ADR in the MK on a party day so maybe we can catch it! I know my sister wants to do CP as my niece loves Pooh Bear. BOG sounds really good too (we've done lunch). You've really got me thinking now, lol.

Looking forward to all the rest!!

Just tall enough to ride!!
Day 5 - Nov. 28th

We woke up late and ventured out on our day, we didn't plan on using the hoppers today just planned on going to Magic Kingdom. We headed to the bus stop and made our way. On our way in we saw Tink had about a 30 minute wait, we used our DAS pass for a return time. The first line we went over to was Peter Pans flight for our FP+, After we got off were pretty hot and figured why not go watch the Philharmagic and cool off, I absolutely LOVE this attraction. Many people think of it as a bore but I love the music and being able to sing along. After we did that we walked around Fantasyland a little bit and watched the sword and the stone act... As a kid I always wanted to be the one to pull it.

Here is the best part of the day: It was time for our Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+... I anticipated on me going on with my DS8 and then swapping with the husband but something told me no just go check to see if DS2 is tall enough. I have him get out of his stroller he goes to walk up and they ask to measure him of course, he was looking down (and trying to take off since he is my little runner).. The CM says it looks like hes to small, I tell DS2 "stand big, put your head up" and what does he do? Stands normal and sure enough he is touching the top of the measuring post! We go in the line where they asked 2 other times to see how tall he is, and passed both again! I WAS SO EXCITED. He got to go on 7DMT and LOVED it, he was laughing the whole time and threw quite the fit when it was finished. My heart melted, Ah I was so thrilled, maybe more then he was.
2uigmr6.jpg

After we went to meet Tinkerbell with the DAS pass to have her sign our family autograph story book; We met her and Periwinkle in 2013 but hadn't seen her since. My husband wanted to step away to smoke (He had been cigarette free for almost 10 months and for whatever reason started picking up the habit again at Disney of all places.) I took the boys to go meet Tink. Her setup was so cute and she was so sweet, my DS2 immediately went to her without being scared. When she went to sign our storybook DS2 thought it was legit story time so he plopped down criss-cross-apple sauce ready to go with a story, I'm so glad we got pictures it was hilarious. She chatted with my DS8 over his shoes that were light up and called them his twinkle lights asking if fairy's were in there and if he could fly.. He may not admit it but he eats up the attention from the girly face characters like her.
vskf9g.jpg

We were cutting it close to our lunch dining reservation so we legit ran over to BOG to meet my husband who was waiting on us. This is where I got super annoyed. For a restaurant that is quick service it sure as heck wasn't quick, we legit waited in line for 45 minutes.. More then when we actually had sit down dinner reservations. My kids were having a meltdown and it was a BAD experience. Prior to this we always went in super fast nobody in line, IDK what the deal was that day but it was awful. Despite the long wait our food came out great, My DS8 LOVES french onion soup (but won't eat basic soup like chicken noodle go figure...) I love the fact you can get free refills on your drinks.. I am such a drink person, refills are life.

After we were done with lunch it was just barley sprinkling, we went over to our other FP+ for Haunted Mansion, DS8 has mixed feelings about that ride because of last year when it got stuck for like 5 minutes at a ghost part. None the less he survived it, DS2 didn't because he knocked out.. Apparently he though dark meant nap time.
25rfazb.jpg

We made our way over the Thunder Mountain I rode with DS8 then DH rode with DS8.. Personally I am not a big fan of Thunder Mountain, I like Splash better. We then took the Railroad over to Storybook circus.. Did a FP+ for Barnstormer. DH Rode Space Mountain with DS8 while me and DS2 walked around a little bit and did the pressed penny machines. Once they got off I figured we would try the Carousel of Progress since we had never been on it.. It was super cool I like it a lot, I wish they did have another updated section for present time.. It was cool to finally get to experience "something new". We followed that by going on buzz light years space spin FP+, that one needs a update as well I legit cannot figure out what I am shooting at. Aiming is non existent. That was the last ride of the day we needed to make our way to the Contemporary for dinner. On our way out we stopped to get a quick picture in front of the castle which I am in love with the colors on the castle with the sun setting. Despite the creepy guy photobombing our pic in the center of the castle. lol
dggcnr.jpg

2lcy04z.jpg

2dihb8o.jpg

Dinner was going to be at the Contemporary, Now I got an email a few months prior stating that the normal Chef Mickeys location that I LOVE is being refurbished for a few weeks so our reservation would move us to the convention center, I was all on board and fine because I assumed all the food would be the same just moved to a different location.. WRONG. It was the first day of the move and they had A LOT of issues. I went up 3 times and every time my food was cold, the chefs were radioing to the kitchen freaking out because everything was not temping right in their catering chaffing dishes. Now I worked in the cooking industry in a corporate kitchen much like theirs for many many years... Portable chaffing dishes will NEVER hold a temperature for a long period of time, that is why buffets use water / steam wells. Def not worth the price... had I of not been on the free dining plan (though I upgraded) I would of been VERY MAD. The character interaction was wonderful as always. My youngest started to get sick during dinner, his sinus infection drainage was really kicking his butt (he has a really sensitive gag reflex, when he cry's hard or has a tantrum he throws up.. when we brush his teeth sometimes he throws up... etc) he ended up getting sick all over himself. We asked the waitress for a towel since he was pretty much covered in throw-up, thankfully it happened at the end of our meal, she took a REALLY long time it felt like to get back to us with a towel while he sat there I actually had to ask another person to bring us a towel, our whole Chef Mickeys experience was pretty much ruined which sucks because it is my FAVORITE place to eat... we took an uber back to our hotel and we ended up ordering a pizza later in the night. It was a solid call though because the pizza was amazing from the company we ordered from.
wlx0co.jpg

Urgent care with no sense of urgency.
Day 6 - Nov. 29th

My alarm went off for the morning, my DS2 had been sick throwing up all night I was quite concerned that maybe he had something worse then just his bag gag reflex issue going on... He hadn't really been feeling himself lately or eating much. I decided I would take an Uber with him to an Urgent care in the area and told my Husband and DS8 to go over to Epcot without us (no point in them wasting the day). Urgent care opened up at 9am and I was there by 9:20.. There were maybe 4 or 5 people in front of me. We waited 2 hours to be seen!! 2 HOURS at an urgent care!!! - Where I am from you get seen at an urgent care in no more then 20 minutes. All the kids that were there were puking sick which made me really nervous that 1. Something is going around and he is in fact contagious or 2. He is not sick from this but will be after we leave. We waited our precious 2 hours to finally get back into a room where we waited another 30 min to be seen by a nurse practitioner who diagnosed my son with just having a sinus infection which was almost done (non contagious).. She gave him some zofran to help his stomach from throwing up and told me to give him pedalite, gave us no other medicine and that was it. We waited another 30 min for another person to give us papers to leave, So basically I waited 3 hours for nothing because he wasn't "sick". :mad:
I called an uber to pick us back up and take us to the hotel, we sat for a little bit... He was feeling much better being able to eat since the zofran opened up his appetite. We decided to not waste the day and went over to Epcot to meet up with DS8 and DH.
6zyq2p.jpg

While myself and DS2 were dealing with the urgent care slowness, DS8 & DH were able to ride Test Track, Space Ship Earth, Mission Space - Green (Which they had never rode before and ended up LOVING) and The Land. They had a pretty productive morning. I was most happy that during the time they were together they stopped and took photos in front of Space Ship Earth (Epcot Ball). My husband isn't a real "photo person" but it meant a lot to me that he had a photographer capture their "Father Son Day / Moment"
scqo49.jpg

nyd9nn.jpg

As soon as I walked into Epcot I went straight over to Starbucks and ordered myself a Iced Venti Rasp. White Mocha with an Extra shot because my patience needed it lol - I texted DH, they had just got done eating burgers for lunch, I had no appetite for anything other then caffeine and was frustrated at such a "wasted day" so I didn't want to even bother eating at that moment.

We decided to go to Mexico. I love the 3 caballeros ride so much, My DS8 calls it the "Its a small world ride in Mexico"... Its such a cute ride and a little hidden gem. We saw people lining up to meet Donald Duck inside the pavilion so we walked over and were 5th in line, maybe waited 5-10 min and he came out. It was a hilarious interaction, DS2 walked right up to him no problem & gave him a big hug (At this point he is now fully comfortable with fur characters). Donald looked at my DS8 pin trading necklace for himself, and looked at me upset as to where he was.. I showed him there was tiny pin on there of him and he acted "frustrated" and was "upset" about how small it was.. I told him we would try to look harder for ones with him on it, he pointed over at the merchandise stand and did the sign for "cough up some money" lmao... Ohh it was great!
14cuvc4.jpg

We headed to Norway after, to my surprise my husband planned ahead and had already got a DAS pass for Frozen which I was so excited about because we didn't plan on riding frozen. My husband is so not a planner or organized, he just goes with the flow, so for him to have taken photos and planned a DAS he got like 10 gold stars in my book lol. We went on the ride, it was our 2nd time ever riding.. I like it and my DS2 likes Olaf so we had a good time.
2ufc3yv.jpg

It was getting closer to the time that we needed to head over to Hollywood Studios because we had dinner planned, you never know with the buses how long its going to take so we figured I would go on test track real quick with DS8 and husband went on Mission Space - Orange with DS8 (They loved that more then Green... With my motion sickness I would probably die on the ride).
219nodf.jpg

We got to the bus stop and boarded immediately and headed over in just a few minutes, we were a bit early so we booked it over to Rock N Roller coaster... I went on with DS8. He was SO nervous, he has done roller coaster rides at ceder point with loops and barrel rolls so I figure he would do fine. No. No. No. He HATED it. I was so deflated because I LOVE that ride, he didn't like how his head bounced side to side hitting back a forth. He refused to ride it again the rest of the trip. I am so proud of him that he at least tried because last year he was too scared.
i5d3lf.jpg

Dinner time was at 50's Prime Time. We never ate there before, the lobby was packed you could barley move. It didn't take too long to be seated though. Our server was really friendly and he was great. The food was AMAZING. Pot roast was soo good & so was the chicken. Dessert was awesome, since since DS2 wasn't on the meal plan he didn't technically get a dessert but the server brought him out his own special cupcake anyways. I really enjoyed that meal.
20ubp8k.jpg

After dinner we walked over to where the characters meet and there was NO line, I assume everyone was headed to Fantasmic so it was pretty dead. We walked right up to Sofia & Jake. Even though DS8 is getting older he still loves watching Disney Jr with his little brother.
oqzmv6.jpg

We then went inside the Star Wars building which basically makes DH want to cry, He loves Star Wars so much. He legit took a picture on his phone of everything, no I am not exaggerating ever little thing was was in a case or hanging he took a picture of it. We walked over to the Chewbacca line to ask if they had a DAS return time system there since the line was a bit long, surprisingly the CM just says "Come with me" and walks us right back to Chewbacca!:tink:Totally didn't expect that, a little bit of Pixie Dust to sprinkle the chaotic morning I had. My husband was like a little kid seeing Chewbacca, He actually asked to get photos of just the two of them (Usually he feels weird about character photos.) speaking of little kids, DS2 was not about Chewbacca at all. Maybe he looked intimidating but he had NO desire at all to be near him lol
rsemia.jpg

We walked over to see Groot.. I had never seen Guardians of the Galaxy but he had no wait so I figured why not?
bealc4.jpg

We were able to get a FP+ for Toy Story Midway Mania. I get overly competitive in that game to the point where my arm feels like I did a work out after. After TSMM we decided we better call it a night because we were all exhausted and the Jingle Bell Jam was going to start so we wanted to get out while we were able to move lol.

Tower of Terror & Terrible Pre-Teens
Day 7 - Nov. 30th

So its been forever since I have posted because I usually do when I have downtime at work, and lately we have been busy. - Continuing on with my trip report.

The husband woke up in a grumpy mood because he didn't get good sleep so I decided to take the kids to the park SOLO for a while. I was a little nervous, I did it last year and it wasn't bad so I attempted to do it again. I had to rely on my oldest to help carry items since I was wrangling the youngest and breaking down the stroller to get on the bus. We made it to Magic Kingdom and bee lined it over to Peter Pans Flight. After that we casually made our way over to Winnie the Pooh & then watched the Sword and the Stone / took pics.
aue72g.jpg

We then road the little mermaid ride and made our way over to Storybook Circus. My husband called as we were going on the Barnstormer and said he was just leaving the hotel. My DS2 loves barnstormer so much he throws a fit when its over because its so quick. We went over to see Goofy & Donald at Pete's Silly Side show (Minnie & Daisy's line was too long).
Right when we were done DH arrived with my popcorn bucket that I left back at the hotel, he said somebody actually offered him $30 for it because they were sold out, I told him I would of killed him lol
142x0ef.jpg

We all went on 7DMT and had a blast. We made our way over to Frontierland and saw a hoedown dance party in the middle of the walk way with characters. I had never seen this happen before it was so fun! My DS8 loves all the old vintage characters.

2klbi9.jpg

Myself and DS8 rode Splash Mountain, DS8 & DH then rode Thunder Mountain. We walked past the Country Bear Jamboree and had never seen it so figured we would stop in since it was only 5 min until showtime. I really enjoyed it.. I thought it was hilarious and so much fun. We walked over to Columbia Harbor House for lunch and got so much food, realistically we could have shared 2 platters.

3322lfr.jpg

DS8 and myself went on Splash Mountain after lunch I skyped my mom live so she could watch us go on it, she was dying of laughter she loved it. She really wants to come but is always has an excuse of something that prevents her, despite making plans to come lol.

29ejc74.jpg

We were going to leave to go to Hollywood Studios after that but DH said he would take DS8 on Space Mountain since he had been dying to do that.

s1287p.jpg

We took a bus over to Hollywood Studios.
DS8 said he would go on Tower Of Terror with me after begging him for months. I took him on it and lied when he was 4 telling him it was just an elevator ride and pretty much scarred him for life lol #BadMom. Well he had enough courage to go, now I had a bad feeling about the ride once I saw there was a group of middle school kids traveling with matching shirts maybe around 50 of them with no parents... We ended up getting seated with the end of them, I knew I should have asked to wait for the next elevator because they were super obnoxious in line trying to scare each other and scream when it was totally unnecessary; In result it put my DS8 on edge already having a little bit of anxiety. DS8 did NOT like the ride because of them yelling out dumb stuff like "Were going to die" & screaming over the audio of the actual ride which is a shame because I thought he would of loved it we even rented the old movie from our local library and watched it before we traveled, he didn't mind the drops too much just the screaming from the other kids was insane.. I have never rode with people acting like that before. I was very proud of DS8 for trying, unfortunately he would not go back on with DH.
x3z39x.jpg

For a change of pace we went over to Disney Jr Live on stage, DS2 was NOT having it trying to stay contained sitting down in one spot. He wanted to walk around or crawl and was having a fit. I think we only stayed 3/4 of the show. We almost made it all the way through before enough was enough and we left.
105np1v.jpg

We made our way over to Star Tours so that DH and DS8 could ride while myself and DS2 walked around the Muppet area.

For dinner we went to Hollywood & Dine. I love how the Characters are dressed in their Christmas best. Such cute photos.

giphy.gif

2Iazkbc

We were all pretty tired and were moving to All-Star Movies in the morning so we didn't end up going to see Fantasmic, which I slightly regret now but in the moment I knew it was the right decision to make because alot had to be packed up. We headed back to the resort for the night.​

Last edited:
Where is my luggage?
Day 8 - Dec. 1st

We woke up early to make sure all of our stuff was ready to get taken over to All-Star Movies. I called down to the bell services desk the night before to arrange pickup at 8:30am. It was about 8:20am I called the bell service desk to ask if they could push it back until 8:45am because we were running a bit slow, they told me that would be no problem they were behind anyways. I then realized we had a few more bangs then I originally told them so I called back 5 minutes later so that they could make sure to bring a larger cart / be prepared for more luggage. The person on the phone tells me "We are all booked up for today, you were supposed to make reservations last night." I told them I did and literally just spoke to somebody who told me they were going to be late anyways getting my luggage, they said they didn't have us on a list to be picked up. I argued with them and they sorted the issues out... It gave me a really bad feeling.

We get to Magic Kingdom both of my kids are wanting donuts so bad so we go to the only place I know of by Space Mountain that has the large donuts, we order and go to pay and our dining plan isn't working. I tell them no we have credits it should work... They try again and it doesn't. My husband takes DS8 on Space Mountain while I spend 20 minutes talking to the person at the hotel about our dining plan and they assure me it is now fixed. I go to pay again and it doesn't work. I then call back the hotel and they provide me with a special number to give the person for my account because of our hotel switch our credits are messed up apparently. I try AGAIN to buy some donuts. Nope that special number doesn't work, at this point I'm real irritated because we have 9 snack credits to burn up 3 quick service meals and 3 table service meals... The person at the Jofferys counter tells me I should go to guest services in the front of the park. We get there and of course for the first time all week the line is wrapped around, super long. The husband spends a good 30 min in line to correct the issue and they give us another special "code" to use instead of our magic bands for our dining. Finally that works. We have always done split stays but this time was the first that an issue like that has ever occurred. We ended up missing 2 of our FP+ dealing with the issues so they gave us 3 "anytime" passes for that day. We went on Peter Pans flight then decided to head over to Epcot

2d0748.png

Once we got to Epcot it was lunch time, we went over to the baby center we brought microwaveable mac and cheese for DS2 because I refuse to buy kids meals for him when he only eats 2 bites. We went and ate Nachos over at the Cantina in Mexico and then walked around the world. When we got to Frozen Ever After I figured we would use our any time FP+ that we got earlier in the day however apparently they were only good for in MK, which was pointless because we left right after we got them basically. I wish they would of told us that. Anyways... I purchased a raspberry macaroon in France it it was amazing.

2a9chp2.png

When we were done walking around the world we went over to ride Figment, DS2 loves figment & so do I frankly I think its hilarious. We did the Epcot Character Spot which had no line so the characters took extra long time with us.. It was dead. We went over to the Nemo since it was almost time for dinner at The Coral Reef.
nlwutt.png

Now we did Coral Reef a few years back & I was sick from riding on Soarin' so because of the motion sickness nothing seemed appealing and we were seated all the way in the back away from the aquarium on the wall so it wasn't the best "view" or experience. This time however we were seated in the middle and I was not suffering from motion sickness and it was really good! I had the shrimp and grits and it was amazing. I will defiantly go back again. During dinner I started to have this weird gut feeling about our luggage, idk my women's intuition is literally so spot on though I can't tell you how many times I have had "feelings" about something so strange and ended up being correct. My husband said DS8 and myself could go on Test Track really quick and we would head back to the new hotel after.
vmwqh4.jpg

I never got the alert on my phone as to what room we were going to be in so we went to the front desk after we got off the bus, we booked preferred and it was a PRIME spot. We asked the woman at the desk if our stuff was already in our room because we had some refrigerated items and weren't sure if we would just pick them up at the bell services counter. She said we had to call bell services and they would bring them to our room when we got there. We were the first room in the Toy Story section, right across from the RC car, next to the playground and diagonal from the "cinema".. The food court doors were so close by and so were the buses, I was THRILLED it was less then a 2 min walk to our room. I will only book preferred from now on. I called bell services to ask them to bring our stuff and THEN IT BEGAN... "We don't have any of your items"..... Uhhhhh excuse me? - They asked if we were at the right hotel, umm yeah or else we wouldn't be in the room? lol
They tell me they are going to call Caribbean Beach to see if it didn't get transferred over. We wait 30 min with no call back. Now at this point it is getting late I want to put my kids to bed but have no PJ's nothing. DH goes down to bell services to start to sort things out. Apparently within that 30 min time period they got 'busy' and never followed up with us. So now DH is HEATED. Caribbean Beach literally tells All Star-Movies they don't have our things and don't know where they are. They try and tell us they can finish figuring it out in the morning, WE HAVE NO CLOTHES we cannot go to sleep with out all our belongings. I am starting to think they got put in the lost and found and start to panic. NOT acceptable. Now DH is getting LIVID. Caribbean Beach finally locates our items, apparently they took them over to the Grand Floridian. Now the issue is there is nobody to bring them back until tomorrow because it is so late they don't do transfers that late, only in the morning? - Now DH is at a full 10 FLIPPING OUT. Its now 11pm, My husband gives them the choice to put us up with our belongings at the Grand Floridian or get our stuff here asap. Eventually they get somebody to agree to drive from the Grand Floridian with our stuff to All-Star Movies it was about 12:30am before we got our stuff to our room and we were exhausted, my DS2 can only sleep with his special sippy cup which was packed and it had been meltdown toddlerland for the past 3 hours. lol
We had the manager involved she was trying her hardest to diffuse the situation but we were just so exhausted, once my husband gets heated its hard for him to come back down to earth. I work in client relations so I literally deal with angry customers all day ever day, I hate being that angry person so basically sat their trying to de-escalate my husband. The level of difficulty they gave us for their mess up was insane, plus everything is amplified when you are tired and exhausted. I tried explaining where we were coming from with our dining being messed up in the morning, missing out on FP+ and only being able to use the FP+ in MK even though we left MK for Epcot so it was pointless, then the luggage. It was just a really bad day. It costs to much at Disney to have bad days for technical issues. The manager ended up compensating us which was very nice.​
DH finally calmed down and we decided despite how hectic the day was that we would have a better day tomorrow.

Where is my luggage?
Day 8 - Dec. 1st

We woke up early to make sure all of our stuff was ready to get taken over to All-Star Movies. I called down to the bell services desk the night before to arrange pickup at 8:30am. It was about 8:20am I called the bell service desk to ask if they could push it back until 8:45am because we were running a bit slow, they told me that would be no problem they were behind anyways. I then realized we had a few more bangs then I originally told them so I called back 5 minutes later so that they could make sure to bring a larger cart / be prepared for more luggage. The person on the phone tells me "We are all booked up for today, you were supposed to make reservations last night." I told them I did and literally just spoke to somebody who told me they were going to be late anyways getting my luggage, they said they didn't have us on a list to be picked up. I argued with them and they sorted the issues out... It gave me a really bad feeling.

We get to Magic Kingdom both of my kids are wanting donuts so bad so we go to the only place I know of by Space Mountain that has the large donuts, we order and go to pay and our dining plan isn't working. I tell them no we have credits it should work... They try again and it doesn't. My husband takes DS8 on Space Mountain while I spend 20 minutes talking to the person at the hotel about our dining plan and they assure me it is now fixed. I go to pay again and it doesn't work. I then call back the hotel and they provide me with a special number to give the person for my account because of our hotel switch our credits are messed up apparently. I try AGAIN to buy some donuts. Nope that special number doesn't work, at this point I'm real irritated because we have 9 snack credits to burn up 3 quick service meals and 3 table service meals... The person at the Jofferys counter tells me I should go to guest services in the front of the park. We get there and of course for the first time all week the line is wrapped around, super long. The husband spends a good 30 min in line to correct the issue and they give us another special "code" to use instead of our magic bands for our dining. Finally that works. We have always done split stays but this time was the first that an issue like that has ever occurred. We ended up missing 2 of our FP+ dealing with the issues so they gave us 3 "anytime" passes for that day. We went on Peter Pans flight then decided to head over to Epcot

2d0748.png

Once we got to Epcot it was lunch time, we went over to the baby center we brought microwaveable mac and cheese for DS2 because I refuse to buy kids meals for him when he only eats 2 bites. We went and ate Nachos over at the Cantina in Mexico and then walked around the world. When we got to Frozen Ever After I figured we would use our any time FP+ that we got earlier in the day however apparently they were only good for in MK, which was pointless because we left right after we got them basically. I wish they would of told us that. Anyways... I purchased a raspberry macaroon in France it it was amazing.

2a9chp2.png

When we were done walking around the world we went over to ride Figment, DS2 loves figment & so do I frankly I think its hilarious. We did the Epcot Character Spot which had no line so the characters took extra long time with us.. It was dead. We went over to the Nemo since it was almost time for dinner at The Coral Reef.
nlwutt.png

Now we did Coral Reef a few years back & I was sick from riding on Soarin' so because of the motion sickness nothing seemed appealing and we were seated all the way in the back away from the aquarium on the wall so it wasn't the best "view" or experience. This time however we were seated in the middle and I was not suffering from motion sickness and it was really good! I had the shrimp and grits and it was amazing. I will defiantly go back again. During dinner I started to have this weird gut feeling about our luggage, idk my women's intuition is literally so spot on though I can't tell you how many times I have had "feelings" about something so strange and ended up being correct. My husband said DS8 and myself could go on Test Track really quick and we would head back to the new hotel after.
vmwqh4.jpg

I never got the alert on my phone as to what room we were going to be in so we went to the front desk after we got off the bus, we booked preferred and it was a PRIME spot. We asked the woman at the desk if our stuff was already in our room because we had some refrigerated items and weren't sure if we would just pick them up at the bell services counter. She said we had to call bell services and they would bring them to our room when we got there. We were the first room in the Toy Story section, right across from the RC car, next to the playground and diagonal from the "cinema".. The food court doors were so close by and so were the buses, I was THRILLED it was less then a 2 min walk to our room. I will only book preferred from now on. I called bell services to ask them to bring our stuff and THEN IT BEGAN... "We don't have any of your items"..... Uhhhhh excuse me? - They asked if we were at the right hotel, umm yeah or else we wouldn't be in the room? lol
They tell me they are going to call Caribbean Beach to see if it didn't get transferred over. We wait 30 min with no call back. Now at this point it is getting late I want to put my kids to bed but have no PJ's nothing. DH goes down to bell services to start to sort things out. Apparently within that 30 min time period they got 'busy' and never followed up with us. So now DH is HEATED. Caribbean Beach literally tells All Star-Movies they don't have our things and don't know where they are. They try and tell us they can finish figuring it out in the morning, WE HAVE NO CLOTHES we cannot go to sleep with out all our belongings. I am starting to think they got put in the lost and found and start to panic. NOT acceptable. Now DH is getting LIVID. Caribbean Beach finally locates our items, apparently they took them over to the Grand Floridian. Now the issue is there is nobody to bring them back until tomorrow because it is so late they don't do transfers that late, only in the morning? - Now DH is at a full 10 FLIPPING OUT. Its now 11pm, My husband gives them the choice to put us up with our belongings at the Grand Floridian or get our stuff here asap. Eventually they get somebody to agree to drive from the Grand Floridian with our stuff to All-Star Movies it was about 12:30am before we got our stuff to our room and we were exhausted, my DS2 can only sleep with his special sippy cup which was packed and it had been meltdown toddlerland for the past 3 hours. lol
We had the manager involved she was trying her hardest to diffuse the situation but we were just so exhausted, once my husband gets heated its hard for him to come back down to earth. I work in client relations so I literally deal with angry customers all day ever day, I hate being that angry person so basically sat their trying to de-escalate my husband. The level of difficulty they gave us for their mess up was insane, plus everything is amplified when you are tired and exhausted. I tried explaining where we were coming from with our dining being messed up in the morning, missing out on FP+ and only being able to use the FP+ in MK even though we left MK for Epcot so it was pointless, then the luggage. It was just a really bad day. It costs to much at Disney to have bad days for technical issues. The manager ended up compensating us which was very nice.​
DH finally calmed down and we decided despite how hectic the day was that we would have a better day tomorrow.
What a nightmare with your luggage! Oh my goodness, I would have been pretty darn upset, too!

Oh my word!!!! I would have been so mad. When being tired and late on top of it... that makes it 10 times worse. Also, why didn't I ever thing of mac n cheese cups and using the microwave in the baby care centers! That's brilliant.

This Grilled Cheese Is So Good!
Day 9 - Dec. 2nd

How have I not updated this when I had my report written? clearly I have lacked on this for over a year lol... well better late then never!

We had a rather late start to our day from our late night we slept in and didn't get to Hollywood Studios until 11am. Shortly after we arrived the did the March of the 1st order with the storm troopers. My husband is a crazy star wars fan so he was so excited.

We rode Toy Story Midway Mania, last year DS2 had to sit on my lap. This year he was able to actually play even though he didn't want to wear the glasses. I beat DH per usual because I am a beast on that game. I really wanted the kids to get to see Buzz and Woody however the line was so long every time we checked there was no way my kids could wait that long to see them.

We walked over the Star Wars Galaxy Far Away Show it was so hot and my husband wanted to stand in the sun, because it was a good spot I decided to opt out with DS2 and go stand in the shade. Continuing on with our Star Wars theme we went over to Star Tours so DS8 and DH could ride. I still didn't go on it, after my experience the year prior with feeling like I was dying due to motion sickness I don't think I will go back on it again. DS2 and I wandered around some shops and got him a Popsicle.
We did lunch at the ABC Commissary it was really filling, I'm usually a large eater but after walking around in the heat its like I almost have no appetite. Disney is the best diet ever lol.

We made our way over to the Indiana Jones Stunt show which is another thing we had never seen before. It was great! I loved every second of it. DS2 did pretty well sitting through it also, usually shows and things like that are challenging but I was surprised. The shade and the fans were really fantastic at cooling us off. After Indian Jones we went over to watch the Voyage of the little mermaid. Then we met Doc McStuffins. It was a really great character interaction we waited less then 10 minutes, the cast members in line kept giving the kids stickers they loved it... and she really took her time with my boys.
We looked around a bunch of shops I wanted to buy a cross body bag, I was hoping to find something Tower Of Terror related but ended up with a collage of all things Disney bag.

DH went on Rock N Roller coaster despite trying to get DS8 to go on with him, he declined. I took the boys to get some more ice cream while we waited for DH then I went on RNR. Right when I got off it was time for CharacterPalooza - This was the first time I have ever experienced it over by the Rock & Roller coaster court yard area, before it had always been by the Tower of Terror exit or at the main entrance near the right hand size. They are getting sneaky. Maybe because CP is getting so popular now they have less characters there were only Mary Poppins & Bert, Jasmine & Aladdin, and Pocahontas. I was hoping for a few vintage characters. We skipped Pocahontas because DS2 was throwing a tantrum.

DS2 was not letting up from his tantrum so we decided to go back to the hotel for dinner and to relax. I had a really great grilled cheese sandwich in the food court, it was the best grilled cheese I had ever had in my life with tomato soup. I wish I could remember what cheeses and bread they used because it was amazing and I would love to re create it.

Moana was playing in the little cinema, we attempted to try to watch it but DS2 couldn't sit still even though it is his favorite movie, I suppose watching it were you have to stay put is difficult. We did get free popcorn though! I took the kids over to the playground to burn off the remainder of their energy. DH wanted to go on a walk around the resort. I love taking photos around the resorts so we walked the entire length of the resort. I love looking at everyone's little window decorations, if we ever stayed consecutively without a split stay I would totally decorate. After walking around we went back to our room for bed.

How much grilled cheese can I eat?
Day 10 - Dec. 3rd

Space Mountain was the first ride up for the day... DS8 is now completely obsessed so him and DH went on while DS2 and I ate. He was still feeling a bit not like himself that morning, so we took things slow. After they got off Space mountain we went over to Buzz Lightyears space spin we got 'stuck' on the ride which was funny.. Only about 5 minutes right at the end almost so we wracked up a ton of points.
I went on Space Mountain with DS8 then we made our way over to Storybook Circus.
It was a bit warm out so we let the kids run through the splash area for a little bit, not letting them get too soaked. We went on Barnstormer, I wish it was a longer ride!
We went on 7DMT again, loving it so much to get to ride with the whole family instead of using child swap.
Once done we made our way over to see Mickey, DS2 was pretty stoked that he talked. I wish all characters had that option it is so great. We heard him speaking in a different language to the couple that was in front of us.
We were pretty hungry and it was time for lunch so we went to eat over at Columbia Harbor House... Such a good value and this time we only ordered 2 plates since we had so much left over last time.
After lunch we made our way over to Splash Mountain I road with DS8 an then DH swapped and rode next. We were walking through frontier land and made our way to the pin trading station, our new family tradition is to pick out a special pin for our family and let DS8 pick out a special pin for himself since he is now "over" getting Mickey ears. He picked a Test Track pin which surprised me because I for sure thought it was going to be space mountain, I picked a Splash Mountain pin for our family.
We went on haunted mansion and cooled off in the a/c and darkness. We decided we were going to go to Epcot for a while and I got a Mickey apple on the way from the candy store.

Once we got to Epcot we took a few pics in front of Space Ship earth and DS8 & DH were able to score a FP+ for soarin... I really had no desire to ride soarin due to the fact I didn't take my Dramamine. DS2 and I went and played with the jumping water fountain, then we decided since Figment only had a 5 minute line we would walk right through and ride. Nobody was on it, super crazy I think its such a cute ride. DS8 and myself rode Test Track again of course.

We were all pretty hungry so went back to the resort to eat where I had a grilled cheese again of course because they are soooo good... Seriously if I could eat only that meal every day at Disney I would be perfectly fine.

Don't wait until last minute to buy an ornament.
Day 11 - Dec. 4rd

Today was a Animal Kingdom sort of day. As I was going to get myself some Starbucks, which by the way is a GREAT way to use a snack credit especially when you can get a venti with an extra shot. My husband got in line for the kids to meet Timon.. I was surprised that he volunteered to go into a character line, I was like okay I see you hubby. After the kids met Timon we walked around aimlessly just enjoying Animal Kingdom. We stopped at Primeval Whirl, my husband then volunteered to take DS8 on that ride too, I was shocked because out of all the rides my husband bout had a heart attack on that one years prior because he didn't like how it felt like you were being flung over the edge... I started taking pics like crazy, my husband looked at me confused, I didn't say a single thing. After the ride was over he came right over to me and said "WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP ME!!" I laughed so hard, I went on after and didn't get quite as scared as he did. We rode on the Na'vi River, which I must say I'm not impressed still.. Its essentially a boat ride in the dark with tv screens, I do not see the big hype. Me and DS8 rode on Dinosaur, he did much better while wearing his noise cancelling headphones because he rode it again with my husband right after. I think the thing the kids loved most especially DS2 was the Boneyard playground.. I swear I panicked and thought I lost DS2 a few times because the kid is SO FAST.
At the end of the day we went on a Safari when it was getting a bit dusk out so it was nice to see the animals in that time of day.

We made our way over to MK to watch the fireworks because we didn't watch them yet, Well it was super crowded DH and I were arguing over it being so busy and wanting to leave.. We ended up going to the Christmas shop to buy our annual ornament, We watched part of the castle show and then left before the fireworks because we really couldn't see and the crowd was so smashed we couldn't even move.. It literally took us an hour to make it from main street to the Christmas shoppe and back, I suppose that is what I get for waiting last minute.

Tragical Express.
Day 12 - Dec. 5th

Our last day, we spent the morning packing up our stuff... Since our flight wasn't until the afternoon we went down to the laundry room and did all of our clothes which I must way was excellent to know going home we weren't going to have to do anything and it was all clean. The kids swam and played on the playground. Eventually our time came and the tragical express picked us up. Orlando airport was insane, I had never seen it so busy before. Man I was thankful we opted to do the Clear program so we could cut the line for TSA. We ate some dinner in the food court and then flew home with a smidge of turbulence that I didn't appreciate. My husband did excellent though which really shocked because I didn't handle it very well lol; We landed safely.
THE END

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!