• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atlantis

buzz5985

DIS Veteran
I have a room reserved at the Comfort Suites ($135.50 thanks to this board), but I was wondering. Are there lockers at Atlantis to keep your Wallets??? Something small. I don't really think I want to leave my cash, etc. at the Comfort Suites.

How have you handled this??? Thanks Janis

I do not know about lockers... But, when you think about how HUGE The Atlantis is... Having to 'hike' back to a locker, or your room... I would probably only take what you can keep with you... a credit card, a few small bills, a disposable camera.... Wouldn't want to try to keep up with, or risk losing, a nice expensive camera... ( This is assuming that you will be busy enjoying all the 'active' stuff that Atlantis has to offer!) :smooth:

Thanks for your response. I would just have a credit card I checked in with, a little money, and I would only bring a disposable camera with me. Oh, and a gallon of sunscreen. LOL

Janis

Hey Buzz. We did not see any lockers. I would get a waterproof container on a lanyard (DCL sells 2 sizes) and put CC and $ in that. I would not leave anything at the Suites. In fact when we did Atlantis we never even saw the Suites room! Just did advance check in, walked out the back door, and never returned. Got a receipt in the mail a couple weeks later - no problem.

Thank you - don't want to carry too much - how did you do advance check in?? Like you - I don't plan on stepping inside the room. How did you get there?? Cab?? Do you remember the fare?? I have been to several islands and it kills me to see what they try to charge you for the fare. Janis

Hi Buzz-
We took a cab in June and it was $4/person.
We didn't take much cash with us. In fact, the Atlantis snack bar didn't take cash (only credit card or room charge.)

We didn't need a locker. We just left our bag by our chairs.

Hope you have a good trip!

Trying to figure out what to do...it sounds like our best bet would be to pay the $4.00pp and take a taxi to Atlantis, but than if we decide to do the "DIG" and paid $25pp for all 5 of us, would it be just as inexpensive to rent a room there and than do we get into the dig for free, or would it be an extra cost no matter what? Thanks!

Alaskan-
I would not have paid $25/person just to view the Dig aquarium. You get to go to the dig for free if you are a hotel guest.
If you really want to experience Atlantis, then I would suggest getting the room, but you will have to pay for the 5th person AND there is something about if the children are over 16, you have to pay too (please double check this with Comfort Suites as I heard one gentleman very irritated about the extra charge when he was checking out.)
Not sure of what your party is looking to do. I wrote on another thread that I wished I had saved my $ and just stayed on the boat. (less crowded pools, free food, etc.) I wanted to check out the Atlantis because I had heard so much about it, but I was rather disappointed (for water parks, we just really liked Typhoon Lagoon MUCH better). My neighbor also did the Disney cruise and Atlantis the week after us and also felt disappointed.
Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter