Atlantis through DCL or direct- such a difference in price

I just called comfort suites and they were very cryptic if I could get my wrist bands that morning of check in or have to wait until 3 pm. They said call Atlantis to find out. I kept saying I want to know if they would give me paperwork to take to Atlantis at 10 am arrival or not and they wouldn’t answer. So now I am nervous about this cruise hack. Anyone check into comfort suites in day of cruise arrival recently?
Do you think you spoke with a call center or someone at the actual hotel on paradise Island in the Bahamas (they'd have a distinct Bahamian accent)?

I ask because the CS doesn't give out 'wrist bands'.

The CS provides you with a hotel ID card that you take to a desk at Atlantis, and there they put the wrist bands on you. The place where you get the Atlantis bands has changed over time, and I don't precisely know where it is now. So it could have been a communication thing if you were asking specifically about wrist bands.

Its strange that they were unclear....unless you were asking if the CS would give you wrist bands. Ask if they will give you a CS id card that you can the take over to Atlantis.

I called a toll free number and the worker said they are at the hotel but would not transfer me to the front desk to ask. They were quite cryptic. I know they did not say “oh yes you will have access to Atlantis that morning” They just said “our policy is 3 pm check in and that is all I can say mam”. I found a direct hotel number online and plan to call in the morning to see if I get a different response.

I called a toll free number and the worker said they are at the hotel but would not transfer me to the front desk to ask. They were quite cryptic. I know they did not say “oh yes you will have access to Atlantis that morning” They just said “our policy is 3 pm check in and that is all I can say mam”. I found a direct hotel number online and plan to call in the morning to see if I get a different response.
I just went to the CS website directly (https://www.comfortsuitespi.com/) and saw this:

• Advanced Booking Policy: Effective immediately. Same day one night bookings will not have access to Atlantis amenities, including Aquaventure. Advanced Booking is required.

This is probably Atlantis' way of preventing walk-up guests from just going to the CS to get access, rather than going to Atlantis ticket windows. So that might be why the agent was cryptic.

My suggestion is just plainly ask how access to Atlantis works if you're staying one night. They should answer that question directly, or transfer you to someone who knows. Many people staying at the CS for multiple nights arrive well before 3 pm check in (based on east-cost USA flight arrival times into NAS airport) and they often want to access Atlantis on their arrival.

And finally, it would be big news if the CS changed its access to Atlantis, and cruisers booking a room were being prevented in accessing Atlantis before 3 PM. The CS is well aware many cruisers do this. I visit Atlantis annually, have had friends and family stay at the CS, and I don't think anything has changed.

Perhaps book it for the night preceding arrival. You can notify them you will be late. Then pick up your room key/ document that you will show the Atlantis the morning you arrive.

I imagine this would depend on your ship’s arrival time. Just need to get to hotel before check-out time.

I have heard holiday block out dates where CS requires a 2 night stay, maybe they have block out dates for one day Atlantis passes.

One more update- I called Comfort Suites this week at 1-242-363-3680 and I spoke to a worker who was more knowledgeable. She said that check in is at 3 p.m. and that is when I would get guaranteed access to the Atlantis waterpark. She said when I arrive in the morning I can "pre-check in" and they would give me paperwork to take to Atlantis, however, Atlantis knows Comfort suites check in is at 3 p.m. and they could deny me access if it is a busier day. She said that sometimes happens, but would not give me a percentage of how often that happens. I told her I was going for spring break the week before Easter, and she said "Yes, that is a peak time, and they may deny you in the morning." She also added that on my checkout day- checkout is at 10 a.m. and make sure to get the wrist band by 9 a.m. and not after 10 a.m. because they will deny you.
So since I am going during a crowded time, I will not take the risk of losing out on $573 for the hotel room to save $400.
I would definitely do this cruise Comfort suite hack if it were not during a busy holiday/peak time though

One more update- I called Comfort Suites this week at 1-242-363-3680 and I spoke to a worker who was more knowledgeable. She said that check in is at 3 p.m. and that is when I would get guaranteed access to the Atlantis waterpark. She said when I arrive in the morning I can "pre-check in" and they would give me paperwork to take to Atlantis, however, Atlantis knows Comfort suites check in is at 3 p.m. and they could deny me access if it is a busier day. She said that sometimes happens, but would not give me a percentage of how often that happens. I told her I was going for spring break the week before Easter, and she said "Yes, that is a peak time, and they may deny you in the morning." She also added that on my checkout day- checkout is at 10 a.m. and make sure to get the wrist band by 9 a.m. and not after 10 a.m. because they will deny you.
So since I am going during a crowded time, I will not take the risk of losing out on $573 for the hotel room to save $400.
I would definitely do this cruise Comfort suite hack if it were not during a busy holiday/peak time though
I’ve heard that this loophole (which we’ve used before) can have different rules during busy holiday times. I wouldn’t chance it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter