Atkins 20

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
Hello! I'm not seeing any current threads referring to the Atkins diet and I'd love some input from others that have used it. I'm at 168lbs and looking to go to 148lbs, in order to avoid treatment for sleep apnea and to give myself a "cushion" against the inevitable weight-gain I will incur when I quit smoking. (I recently aborted a quit attempt as I went cold-turkey with no cheats and gained almost 6lbs in 3 weeks. :scared: )

I'm presently on Day 6 of Induction and am a very pass/fail person so I've not cheated but I am having a hard time because I didn't start out very intentionally. I did no menu planning or shopping and have just been trying to make it fly on what I already had around the house, although I did purchase some Atkins shakes for having at work. So far I've lost 2 or 3 lbs but I was expecting to dump more water-weight and feel less puffy. That doesn't seem to have happened.

Right now I am very hungry - all the time, and although I don't perceive a craving for junk, I would practically kill for some fruit. I am definitely intending to do some shopping this weekend and get some menus planned and perhaps do up some recipes to have on-hand so I can eat immediately when I feel the need.

Anyone with any advice/experience or just would like to converse, I thank you in advance. :wave2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter