At what age is it no longer appropriate for kids to be pantless when company is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you have underoos growing up? They were under wear you literally played in LOL
I'm sure there were times when my parents had people over and I was running around in mine pretending to be Wonder Woman. I probably even ate in them too :eek:

I played OUTSIDE in my Wonder Woman underoos. Some of the pearl clutchers would probably faint.

It always makes me sad when an interesting thread disintegrates into ridiculousness and ridicule.

I remember the buttering the bread thread one bite at at time along with the never take a bite out of a cookie thread, etc. and was on the side of "what?" I'm the last person who ever thought I'd be on the "manners" side of a thread. I just never thought I'd see the day where people would be accused of being "pearl clutchers" for thinking wearing pants to dinner was an appropriate expectation!

Last edited:
I want to know the rule on how does one butter bread during a fancy, schmancy backyard, pants required, picnic? If you only have underoos on, can you butter the whole piece of bread at the same time? What about boxer briefs or bikini bottoms?

I've never been able to determine that. Our fancy ones break up after a kid in Underoos throws a baby ruth in the pool and suggests we go pool hopping around the neighborhood.

IF I couldn't tell my nieces and nephews how to conform in society w/o getting permission from a sibling or a sibling's husband then well I guess we aren't really a family:guilty:.
So undermining a parent’s ability to set their own rules & limitations for their own child in front of the child about relatively minor things makes you a family? We aren’t talking that he had no pants in a fine dining establishment. It was their own home.

Any of you have underoos growing up? They were under wear you literally played in LOL
I'm sure there were times when my parents had people over and I was running around in mine pretending to be Wonder Woman. I probably even ate in them too :eek:

I hadn't thought of this in years but when my nephew, who is now 20, was little, he always wore his underoo type undies backwards - he refused to wear them the "correct" way - because it didn't make sense to him to have cool pictures on his underwear and not be able to see them! I'm not sure if he still follows this practice in college...

And just like that tonight Ariana Grande heads to Jimmy Fallon's Tonight show in a sweatshirt, thigh highs and no pants. https://footwearnews.com/2018/fashi...-fallon-pantless-thigh-high-boots-1202664195/

We can all blame the OP's sister for this societal collapse.
Another example of the collapse of our proper society. This article made me wonder if the designers of these sidewalk urinals were allowed to run around in their yards in their Underoos and eat dinner as a pre-schoolers. :rotfl2:

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/14/638512558/nope-those-arent-mailboxes-paris-rolls-out-sidewalk-urinals

Last edited:
It always makes me sad when an interesting thread disintegrates into ridiculousness and ridicule.

I remember the buttering the bread thread one bite at at time along with the never take a bite out of a cookie thread, etc. and was on the side of "what?" I'm the last person who ever thought I'd be on the "manners" side of a thread. I just never thought I'd see the day where people would be accused of being "pearl clutchers" for thinking wearing pants to dinner was an appropriate expectation!

I've been here a long itme and I don't remember a cookie eating thread. How else are you supposed to eat it?

Also, I hope you feel privileged for being the recipient of my 10,000 post :P

Another example of the collapse of our proper society. This article made me wonder if the designers of these sidewalk urinals were allowed to run around in their yards in their Underoos and eat dinner as a pre-schoolers. :rotfl2:

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/14/638512558/nope-those-arent-mailboxes-paris-rolls-out-sidewalk-urinals

Sidewalk urinals have been common in at least parts of Europe for a while now. I definitely remember seeing them 4 yeats ago, although a different design.

Every family works differently, but I never have had either DS who is now 9 nor DD 11 months without clothing of any sort. Unless swimming or bathing, they are clothed. Whether it's just our family or company is over.....it makes me cringe even when babies don't have bottoms or a shirt on. If I wouldn't walk around the house without bottoms or shirt on, then I'm not going to have my children doing it either. IMO only

See I think it's just a lot of this it's even worse manners to undermine a parent to their child.

I've been here a long itme and I don't remember a cookie eating thread. How else are you supposed to eat it?

Well it depends, an oreo obviously you have to twist lick them eat, I mean they told us so.
Other cookies, maybe it's more polite to shove the entire thing in your mouth?

..it makes me cringe even when babies don't have bottoms or a shirt on
Really a baby without a shirt on makes you cringe?

See I think it's just a lot of this it's even worse manners to undermine a parent to their child.

And many people have made that clear on this thread. That's one of many directions this thread has taken and is certainly a worthwhile topic on it's own. Why does that make it okay to ridicule those who have an opinion on the initial question that differs from theirs?

Is it a contest amongst us all to stoop to the level of least manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!