At HHI now...any questions?????

apulk

Mouseketeer
Checked in yesterday (Sunday) and will be here until Saturday. Rain off and on yesterday. Today had some clouds and a few very light sprinkles then the skies opened up around 7:30 for 20 mins or so. Staying for the first time (this is our 11th year) in building 31 with a Marsh view. We usually have been close to the pool -- wow, I think we're hooked on a new favorite. Kids are looking forward to catching the fireworks from the deck tomorrow night.

Pretty much still "home" as we know it but with some changes. Not sure why the hammock next to the shuffle board was removed. The wifi is ok -- I'm in the weight room now due to AC and a dry power outlet. Some new activities during the day.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Checked in yesterday (Sunday) and will be here until Saturday. Rain off and on yesterday. Today had some clouds and a few very light sprinkles then the skies opened up around 7:30 for 20 mins or so. Staying for the first time (this is our 11th year) in building 31 with a Marsh view. We usually have been close to the pool -- wow, I think we're hooked on a new favorite. Kids are looking forward to catching the fireworks from the deck tomorrow night.

Pretty much still "home" as we know it but with some changes. Not sure why the hammock next to the shuffle board was removed. The wifi is ok -- I'm in the weight room now due to AC and a dry power outlet. Some new activities during the day.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Are you all going to rent bikes? We loved touring the area on bikes. The CMs told me Wednesday is the big return day.... Boy, wish they had WiFi everywhere. At all the resorts. If you have good weather, they should be shooting off the fireworks from the barge tomorrow..... wish I was there.

Have a great rest of your stay :beach:

DH wants to know if the Sea March golf course in Sea Pines has been opened yet. When we were there for Thanksgiving, the course was undergoing a major rehab. Also, have you seen Chef Gordon around the resort? I just wanted to make sure he's still around. Hope the weather clears for you.

lucky you!! i havent been to HHI since 1998 and I was 13. I'm begging mom and dad to go there on a family vacation next summer since we're going to WDW in '09 for my brothers college graduation but we will see. We stay at the Hilton on the beach in the 'Dunes and I miss it esp. since we used to go every other year :( Have fun in the sun!!

I went in May and June, and I did not see Chef Gordon. In fact the only long time CM's that i saw were a couple of Housekeepers, B'lou and the guy at the Merchantile. (his name escapes me right now.)

Are you all going to rent bikes? We loved touring the area on bikes. The CMs told me Wednesday is the big return day.... Boy, wish they had WiFi everywhere. At all the resorts. If you have good weather, they should be shooting off the fireworks from the barge tomorrow..... wish I was there.

Have a great rest of your stay :beach:

We did rent bikes and that was one change I wasn't ready for. The old plan was $50 for the first two bikes then $10 each additional. We have 4 kids so that really helped. It is now $20 for each additional. We were at just about
$140 for the week -- yikes. Had I known I would have done some shopping around before coming down.

Been too busy (and too tired at night) to continue the report. Wifi in the room would be nice but....my kids would be gravitating to it instead of the cards or yatzee we've been playing. Today (Thursday)-- things really cleared out and I would expect it to be even more quiet tomorrow at the pools.

Only 2 more nights :sad1:

No mention of Chef Gordon anywhere....I'll try to remember to ask tomorrow. B'Lou (in my opinion) hasn't been around enough. He did do two things yesterday and worked the Tuesday night party. We always loved his storytelling at night -- under the torches tucked away in some dark part of the resort. No better place for ghost stories and lore.

Sad note too for us....we've been coming here since July 1997 when we bought in. At that time we have 3 kids -- 7, 5 and 4 months. Now they are 17, 15, 10 and we added one that is now almost 9. The big kids are bored and my "little" girls don't really want to do many of the activities anymore since they are usually the oldest there. We haven't even gone to either Campfire yet (last chance tomorrow). My 15 year old son is really trying hard to have fun but..... Maybe next year we'll have him bring a friend.

andy

Hi! Thanks for posting. I am trying to convince DH and DS to go to HH one summer. Did you book at 7 months or earlier, not sure where you own? Do you feel there is enough to do there for a week? We would have a 15 year old if we went next year. Enjoy the rest of the stay. :)

Hi! Thanks for posting. I am trying to convince DH and DS to go to HH one summer. Did you book at 7 months or earlier, not sure where you own? Do you feel there is enough to do there for a week? We would have a 15 year old if we went next year. Enjoy the rest of the stay. :)

This is our home resort but I did book in December. When I called June was pretty much booked for a two bedroom and the 4th of July week was gone. I think the earliest I ever booked was about 9 months out because we specifically wanted to go over the 4th (get that extra free vacation day). We usually stay Sunday thru Friday then either 1) head to WDW for 3 nights (making for a long drive back to Pittsburgh) or 2) stay in Bluffton on Friday night to give us a full day. That really seems like enough time but none of us are huge beach people -- the longest we stay at the beach for the day would probably be 4 hours then it's off to the pool or shopping or bike riding. Today -- only me and the two little girls even went to the beach -- the rest stayed at the beach house pool. The kids already were talking about next year at lunch today so I guess that's a good sign.

andy

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. I am hoping some day I will convince DH and DS to go there for a change from WDW. I have heard, however, that the summers are hard to get at 7 months. If we went, it would probably be in August. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your vacation with your family!! :)

We did rent bikes and that was one change I wasn't ready for. The old plan was $50 for the first two bikes then $10 each additional. We have 4 kids so that really helped. It is now $20 for each additional. We were at just about
$140 for the week -- yikes. Had I known I would have done some shopping around before coming down.

Been too busy (and too tired at night) to continue the report. Wifi in the room would be nice but....my kids would be gravitating to it instead of the cards or yatzee we've been playing. Today (Thursday)-- things really cleared out and I would expect it to be even more quiet tomorrow at the pools.

Only 2 more nights :sad1:

Wow.. sorry for the bad bike rental rates... I understand about the 2 more nights... What can I say... do something different... to make those last days special... Check out the Dolphin tour maybe...

Hi we just checked in to building 19 today. HH is a great resort to have a relaxing day. We need to relax after getting back from WDW, Vero and DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter