At first I was very upset with DLP...

Chuckers

Missing My Disneyland Day Trips :(
So, back in October, I purchased my stay at the Sequoia lodge. 5 days/4 nights for about $1200. This weekend I decided I wanted to extend it by a day. In trying to do this, I find that adding 1 night will cost me $800. I thought that was insane and told my travel agent that she had to be wrong. I come to find out DLP doesn't just add a day, they recalculate the whole stay based on the current price. I was kinda mad they did this... however, my TA suggested that since it's my last night, book a hotel near the airport and just go there after the parks.
So, I did! I got a hotel room at the Holiday Inn Express for $150. I'll just uber from Sequoia to the Holiday Inn at the end of the day. And I am near the airport for leaving on Friday!

DLP does things differently! Try being an AP holder and book a stay!
I usually just book a rooms only via Trivago.com. only when the price is not to my liking I call to get a AP discount. Sometimes there is hardly a difference.

Yesterday I called because of the 12th of April, Santa Fe was 540 euro a night for this day on Trivago. With Infinity discount it was 390 euro. Now that is worth the 27 minutes on hold 😉

I usually just book a rooms only via Trivago.com. only when the price is not to my liking I call to get a AP discount. Sometimes there is hardly a difference.

Yesterday I called because of the 12th of April, Santa Fe was 540 euro a night for this day on Trivago. With Infinity discount it was 390 euro. Now that is worth the 27 minutes on hold 😉
My 5 day/4 night trip, including airfare from the US, is cheaper than the same trip to WDW. But this is only because I booked it so far in advance. Now, WDW would be cheaper for the same time frame.

Last edited:
So, back in October, I purchased my stay at the Sequoia lodge. 5 days/4 nights for about $1200. This weekend I decided I wanted to extend it by a day. In trying to do this, I find that adding 1 night will cost me $800. I thought that was insane and told my travel agent that she had to be wrong. I come to find out DLP doesn't just add a day, they recalculate the whole stay based on the current price. I was kinda mad they did this... however, my TA suggested that since it's my last night, book a hotel near the airport and just go there after the parks.
So, I did! I got a hotel room at the Holiday Inn Express for $150. I'll just uber from Sequoia to the Holiday Inn at the end of the day. And I am near the airport for leaving on Friday!
We did a similar thing on our last trip! Our flight home was early on the last day and we'd have been paying for a day of park tickets in our package that we couldn't use, so we booked the last night in a hotel at the airport. We stored our bags at the DLP hotel, had the last day in the park, then took the TGV to the airport in the evening.

We did a similar thing on our last trip! Our flight home was early on the last day and we'd have been paying for a day of park tickets in our package that we couldn't use, so we booked the last night in a hotel at the airport. We stored our bags at the DLP hotel, had the last day in the park, then took the TGV to the airport in the evening.
That was my thought, I would have had to leave the hotel by 11am to get to the airport, thus wasting a ticket day. So, now I am not wasting it and not paying an exorbitant fee for just one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter