At BCV now, bit of a rant.

I mean I get the view room request wasn’t a guarantee it just felt weird being lied too at the desk when checking in. But I didn’t address the view to the desk since I know it was a request (I did at BWV only cause I got standard but paid for pool/garden, but they apologized saying it was a mistake). I complained about the broken stuff specifically the one thing likely not allowed to be occupied with it broken, the Murphy bed. Especially with a 1.5 year old in the room.

It just seemed BWV was better service and BCV was skating by because they know they are the “it” resort. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be with BCV.

The worst condition room I've ever had onsite was BC - the hotel side. The one they moved me to was clean which is all I really needed but it was very, very worn. And you wouldn't believe what was said from the back room and the tone used when the front desk asked on my behalf to have them move me. On that occasion the front desk personal was good though, obviously embarrased by what I easily overheard their supervisor say, got me a new room and walked me to it to make certain everything was fine.

With split-stays, I plan as if I’m not going to have my luggage that day. I take everything thing that I need for the day and hope for the best. One time I did a luggage transfer before 8 am and I didn’t get my bags until after midnight. I had to call for them to deliver it, but I was able to brush my teeth before I went to bed.

We've done plenty of split stays and have yet to not have luggage at least back to the resort if not in the room by the time we get back later in day. That being said arrival day at BCV is usually a concern based on past experience. Not getting a room on time ensures luggage will be even later.

Interesting to read all the different experiences. When we do split stays we no longer have our luggage transferred and Uber it to next resort ourselves. I’d rather pay the $6-7 and know it is there vs not getting it until basically dinner time, which has happened now 4 Xs. Never again.

A quick call or email to member satisfaction gets things corrected quickly when the hotel staff does not address the issues. I have called maintenance and had things repaired within a few hours. I have found complaining to the front desk at the DVC Villas that have hotels associated does not get the same attention as the stand alone DVC Villas.

That is unusual.
I used to work as a bell services dispatcher at a deluxe. I often handled the luggage transfers. Always left at 1:00pm - that was the dedicated time to leave for transfers. That gave a couple hours for people who didn’t promptly vacate their rooms to still get luggage to us.

Depending on how many transfers there were, it could take up to a couple hours. Usually done by mid to late afternoon if there were multiple transfers. Most days there weren’t very many.

This was about 14 years ago, so they could have changed the timing since then, though. It always worked well doing it this way. My guess is that someone goofed and somehow your stuff didn’t make it on the van for the afternoon transfer and they realized it later.

I was told no one from BLT had their luggage. When I called MS, she said the luggage was in the process of being moved and that BLT was slammed today. Four trips were needed to move all of it. I don't know what type of vehicle is used for moving luggage, so I don't know if that's a lot.

Many split stays, never have I ever gotten our luggage before 6pm, it's always been 8pm or later

Many split stays, never have I ever gotten our luggage before 6pm, it's always been 8pm or later
Ouch, I am sorry for that! I think I would be really upset about that unless I was told that before I sent it,

I have always been told 3 to 4 pm it’d be there and asked if that would still be okay,

Definitely will Uber next week,

I was told no one from BLT had their luggage. When I called MS, she said the luggage was in the process of being moved and that BLT was slammed today. Four trips were needed to move all of it. I don't know what type of vehicle is used for moving luggage, so I don't know if that's a lot.

Wow. Back when I did transfers, we used a large white van. Never had to make multiple trips to reload. Maybe it really was an unusually high number of transfers. Interesting.

Wow. Back when I did transfers, we used a large white van. Never had to make multiple trips to reload. Maybe it really was an unusually high number of transfers. Interesting.
But even if it was a lot of luggage, why would at 5 pm. no one from BLT had luggage yet? Did they not start to move until 4 or so????

We had 15 bags/luggage pieces go from Kidani to WL on Tuesday. All was good. We didn’t get to WL until 7, all was good.👍

We did try ME once and they lost my daughters suitcase. They found it at the wrong resort the following afternoon and when we got it, it was wet. So we had to do a little laundry. Haven't tried ME since.

Sounds like a rainstorm at the airport as they were moving your daughter’s suitcase. Likely has nothing to do with DME’s luggage delivery service.

The wrong resort, sure, but when there’s a storm involving lightning during plane offloading they stop everything and leave the luggage until it’s safe for people to be out there again.

How would MS know this? Seems like someone just making stuff up.

A quick call or email to member satisfaction gets things corrected quickly when the hotel staff does not address the issues. I have called maintenance and had things repaired within a few hours. I have found complaining to the front desk at the DVC Villas that have hotels associated does not get the same attention as the stand alone DVC Villas.

Newbie owner here, with our first DVC visit coming up in January (hurray!) I'm not familiar with "member satisfaction." I, of course, have heard of Member Services, but not Member Satisfaction. Who are they are how would I contact them?

I must contribute. Been BCV owner since 2002 -have never had cause for a serious complaint before. But now...............

On Nov 20, we checked into a cabin at Copper Creek for 5 wonderful nights - absolutely sublime - wonderful experience.

Sadly - our three night experience in room 311 at BCV was appalling. The room was dirty - the microwave still had food in it. Someone had dumped three trays of dirty take out/ room service trays outside our door which we had to move. The noise was abysmal with the Epcot Boulevard construction making staying in the villa during the day unbearable .

This was a long planned 60the birthday vacation for a family of seven. It was dreadful. Compared to WL - BCV seemed old and second rate. And I have owned there for 17 years.

We complained and eventually got 44 points back from our booking but this was a terrible vacation.

I must contribute. Been BCV owner since 2002 -have never had cause for a serious complaint before. But now...............

On Nov 20, we checked into a cabin at Copper Creek for 5 wonderful nights - absolutely sublime - wonderful experience.

Sadly - our three night experience in room 311 at BCV was appalling. The room was dirty - the microwave still had food in it. Someone had dumped three trays of dirty take out/ room service trays outside our door which we had to move. The noise was abysmal with the Epcot Boulevard construction making staying in the villa during the day unbearable .

This was a long planned 60the birthday vacation for a family of seven. It was dreadful. Compared to WL - BCV seemed old and second rate. And I have owned there for 17 years.

We complained and eventually got 44 points back from our booking but this was a terrible vacation.
Ugh. Anyone know when construction ends. We arrive Jan 1.

Ugh. Anyone know when construction ends. We arrive Jan 1.
It's a 6 -8 month project. The noise should subside after the demolition as they're rebuilding the bridge over the canal. It started when we were there in October.

Been a member since 2002 as well and had issues in October when we were there, but were compensated differently. Are you sure you were in room 311? Because I don't think there are any "11" rooms in the villas.

Been a member since 2002 as well and had issues in October when we were there, but were compensated differently. Are you sure you were in room 311? Because I don't think there are any "11" rooms in the villas.

Sorry -377.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter