At BCV now, bit of a rant.

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We left BLT this morning at 11, sent bags to BCV. When to Epcot, at about 4:45 went to resort. DD called for our luggage, was on hold for at least 10 mins, and then went to desk in BCV to find out about luggage. They don't have it. Then I went to front desk. No one from BLT has their luggage. Should be on the way, luggage is delivered between 4&6. I never heard of 6 before. By now it's pushing 5:30. We have planned on making dinner ( which was with the luggage) and then go to make Smores ( also in suitcase). We didn't get our bags until 6:45. Also none of our 7 MBs opened the door and we have construction about 6 ft from our patio.

I always thought luggage was moved mid afternoon. I did talk to front desk, member services and bell services, all basically said the same thing it's being moved. I don't understand if people are checked out by 11, why it would take 6-7 hours to move.

But by chance, instead of just having marshmallows to roast, BCV had chocolate and graham crackers. They said they usually don't have it, but just decided to have the extra items, so grand kids did get to make smores.

I’m so sorry, ugh! Even so, this is a great point as even with arrival days they state that it takes 3 hrs after checking in to get your checked bags delivered. Huge draw back to checked bags and even with bell service split stays.

moving more and more towards just getting more points to level up to 1 bedroom vs getting another home resort to always do split stays. Pros and cons to both, I suppose.

I have always been told it’d be there around 3 ish. i did have a problem once and it got left at BWV and never sent to BLT.

Good to know because I am doing a split stay there so maybe if they will be that late, I’ll Uber over with it.

A friend transferred luggage from OKW to AOA in October, didn’t show up until 10:00pm. The Manager gave them some fastpasses.

Sorry to hear about you problems. This is just one of the reason we never do split stays. I hope your trip gets better.

I had a room last week that stared right at the construction too at the back of the international gateway/epcot. Literally my only room request was not that section of the building and affirmed that with the check in desk and they assured me I was fine. Also similar to you none of my magic bands worked and everyone in my party had to be reprogrammed though they registered at the pool fine which seemed odd.

Not to mention a broken Murphy bed (didn’t latch shut), mold in the fridge (the sight and smell was horrendous the smell is what got me), broken sofa bed, and clogged drains on both sinks. All brought to the attention of the front desk and housekeeping and none fixed. The Murphy bed was my main concern as it was super dangerous for my young niece, which was the only thing I actually asked them to correct during my stay and the other stuff I just let them know to avoid me being charged for the issues.

I was shocked as having done a split stay at BWV (coveted village green view after having “accidentally” been assigned standard view) with service that fixed their problems to BCV having lots of problem with no attempt to correct.

Sorry to hear about you problems. This is just one of the reason we never do split stays. I hope your trip gets better.
We do split stays almost every time, and never got our luggage around 6. That's why it threw our plans in such a tizzy.

We have Friday and Saturday left plus Saturday we have to move to SSR. Neither of our wait list came through. Sunday is get up and leave day.

I had a room last week that stared right at the construction too at the back of the international gateway/epcot. Literally my only room request was not that section of the building and affirmed that with the check in desk and they assured me I was fine. Also similar to you none of my magic bands worked and everyone in my party had to be reprogrammed though they registered at the pool fine which seemed odd.

Not to mention a broken Murphy bed (didn’t latch shut), mold in the fridge (the sight and smell was horrendous the smell is what got me), broken sofa bed, and clogged drains on both sinks. All brought to the attention of the front desk and housekeeping and none fixed. The Murphy bed was my main concern as it was super dangerous for my young niece, which was the only thing I actually asked them to correct during my stay and the other stuff I just let them know to avoid me being charged for the issues.

I was shocked as having done a split stay at BWV (coveted village green view after having “accidentally” been assigned standard view) with service that fixed their problems to BCV having lots of problem with no attempt to correct.

Yes, the feeling I got from front desk\ bell services was not my fault, have a nice day. As I said to MS, yes the resorts are run separately, but they all fall under the Disney umbrella.

Yes, the feeling I got from front desk\ bell services was not my fault, have a nice day. As I said to MS, yes the resorts are run separately, but they all fall under the Disney umbrella.
I mean I get the view room request wasn’t a guarantee it just felt weird being lied too at the desk when checking in. But I didn’t address the view to the desk since I know it was a request (I did at BWV only cause I got standard but paid for pool/garden, but they apologized saying it was a mistake). I complained about the broken stuff specifically the one thing likely not allowed to be occupied with it broken, the Murphy bed. Especially with a 1.5 year old in the room.

It just seemed BWV was better service and BCV was skating by because they know they are the “it” resort. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be with BCV.

The luggage delay or lost is one reason why we try to keep it with us. Though we have never done a split stay. We did try ME once and they lost my daughters suitcase. They found it at the wrong resort the following afternoon and when we got it, it was wet. So we had to do a little laundry. Haven't tried ME since.

We don’t do split stays. We do on line check in. Hi right to our room as soon as we arrive at resort. We pack light & bring our own luggage.

When we do split stays we just uber over to the new resort in the morning with our luggage and leave it with bell services until we return later in the day. We also plan to be at a park that is close by the new resort that day, so the bus, walk or boat is not going to add too much time to the morning routine to get to the park. It has never been a problem for us.
I think if I had Disney transfer the luggage, I would be worried about it all day.

I've done many split stays, and just once I didn't get my luggage until close to 6:30. It turns out that my luggage was never picked up from my first resort, so around 5:45, bell services at my second resort decided to go over and take a second look. But if that's what happened in your case, I'm really surprised they didn't say so. And fortunately, in the many, many other trips, my luggage has arrived by 3:00.

We do a split stay every March when we go for two weeks. I’ve never gotten my luggage later than 2 or 3 pm. But if this is becoming a problem next March we will probably just Uber or cab over. We don’t do parks much so we just leave the first resort late, go to lunch at DS and then head over to new resort for the pool. If we take our luggage over first, it’s not a big deal, we can always get to DS from there.

That is unusual.
I used to work as a bell services dispatcher at a deluxe. I often handled the luggage transfers. Always left at 1:00pm - that was the dedicated time to leave for transfers. That gave a couple hours for people who didn’t promptly vacate their rooms to still get luggage to us.

Depending on how many transfers there were, it could take up to a couple hours. Usually done by mid to late afternoon if there were multiple transfers. Most days there weren’t very many.

This was about 14 years ago, so they could have changed the timing since then, though. It always worked well doing it this way. My guess is that someone goofed and somehow your stuff didn’t make it on the van for the afternoon transfer and they realized it later.

Last edited:
I was told once, "3 to 6 hours" for delivery. I remember because when she said it, I misheard her. I thought she said, "36 hours". I was floored. My vacation could be over by that time! I repeated it back to her, "Thirty six hours???!!"
She calmly corrected me, we laughed, I said goodbye to my bags at bell services and I went on my way.

Wow. I have to say that I would have camped out at the front desk and demanded to speak to a manager. I know they have a quick turn-over for housekeeping, but there should not be so many things wrong with a DVC villa. I would be beyond pissed off if I brought things to their attention (the sinks, the mold & the sofa bed) and they were not resolved by the next day.

Wow. I have to say that I would have camped out at the front desk and demanded to speak to a manager. I know they have a quick turn-over for housekeeping, but there should not be so many things wrong with a DVC villa. I would be beyond pissed off if I brought things to their attention (the sinks, the mold & the sofa bed) and they were not resolved by the next day.
I would have too normally, but I was too exhausted and already had some issues with the front desk staff getting tickets to Hoop Dee Doo Revue as the dining line told me that I had to pick them up at a resort since I was on property that they wouldn't be at the event (some coding told them it was supposed to be at my resort). Took them getting a manager to realize that I was in fact correct and the dining line was correct. I mean everyone was respectful and no issues in that regard; it was more I think newer or inexperienced staff didn't know some stuff.

I just wanted the Murphy Bed fixed/repaired and was shocked it wasn't any of the 3 days there. The fridge and the sinks were bearable (especially the fridge and kitchen sink since they weren't being used).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter