ASMo to GF for 8am breakfast?

JKCDA

Earning My Ears
i don’t know if this is the right forum, but I need to figure out - what’s the best way to get from All-Star Movies to the Grand Floridian for the 1900 Park Fare breakfast at 8am on a Monday? Is there any simple way? Or am I looking at an Uber? This is my first trip without a car, so I’m a bit clueless

I'd say you're going to want to go directly there, right? So you can Uber/Lyft/Taxi, or Minnie Van it. Depending on who's traveling with you would decide which service is better. Cheap and fast? Uber/Lyft. Need carseats? Minnie Van will be best, likely. Minnie Vans are Disney operated SUV's through the Lyft app, and charge a decent premium. The trip would likely cost you upwards of $25 in a Minnie Van. Lyft/Uber would be somewhere around $10, I'd imagine.

I wouldn't recommend the buses, as you'd need to do a transfer somewhere along the way - likely bus to MK then Monorail/Bus to GF - and that'll add time to an already long trip.

Last edited:
i don’t know if this is the right forum, but I need to figure out - what’s the best way to get from All-Star Movies to the Grand Floridian for the 1900 Park Fare breakfast at 8am on a Monday? Is there any simple way? Or am I looking at an Uber? This is my first trip without a car, so I’m a bit clueless
I would honestly just uber. Its so much easier. If you want to take the bus you'd have to bus it to MK, then monorail. But you'd need to find out if the monorail runs before 8am. My friend ran into that problem...monorail wasnt running yet. Not sure how they expect people to get to ADRs at GF when there's no monorail. I'll see if i can find that info for you thou. Stay tuned.

For monorail hours, check the weekly Times Guide: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

ASMo to MK and the Resort Monorail from MK to GF is one option. You will go through security at the MK before leaving the MK bus plaza area, then just walk ‘across’ the front entrance plaza to the monorail staton. The Resort Monorail will make stops at CR, TTC, and Poly before arriving at GF - could be 15-20 min monorail trip. Build in plenty of time for this whole journey..... waiting for the bus... trip to MK... security... waiting for the monorail... the stops.... etc.

Another option is bus from ASMo to MK then take the GF/Poly/MK resort launch (small boat). The boat goes in a circle from MK to GF to Poly, so GF is the first stop when leaving MK. Big caveat, I am not sure what time the boat starts running in the AM... it very well might not be running at your early hour so don’t make this Plan A.

You can see why most will say Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van/Taxi is easier. The options above have a lot of variables you can’t control and you’d need to build in tons of extra time to make sure you make it in time. Has the makings of a stressful morning in my book, so I’d go with Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van/Taxi if options for you.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter