ASMo? I heard something concerning...

Bed bugs don't discriminate, they can be found anywhere.

I've had about 150-160 Disney resort stays, zero bed bugs and probably a total of a dozen bugs altogether. Disney does an excellent job in the bug department.

I read a long article about this family suing .... and "to me" the whole thing is fishy. They say they didn't see any bites or feel anything until they got home. My DD was in the DCP and they moved in to a new apartment ... within 24 hours the bites showed up. They also said it took 4 mos to eradicate their home and they moved out ..... how did they infest that bad when they found bites right after they returned? The exterminator should have been there within the day. They are suing to replace all their furniture and stuff? JMO but I think they had bed bugs brewing for some time .... and found them on return - so blaming Disney for $$.

Last edited:
We stayed at ASM in Calypso. Room was clean but didn’t like it because it was dark and drab. Disney is using these lowlight bulbs that are really annoying. Matress was clean. Too many loud teenagers running around. Just a one night stay is all We could take.

I had bed bugs in my room at AS Music two years ago. First thing I did was check the mattress etc for bed bugs. Seemed to be ok. First morning there I woke up to shower. when I came out of the shower I saw a bug on my sheets. I thought it was another bug...never thought it would be a bed bug. But I snapped a pic of it anyway and showed it to the front desk manager. I made a complaint etc. Then off I went to MK. As soon as I got off the bus at MK, they called to say that yes it was in fact bed bugs! They brought in their sniffer dogs. :scared:

Apparently there weren't many bugs, that's why my mattress check didn't see anything. Its harder to find when there's only a couple of them. But thank goodness it was caught....thank god for white sheets. Never would have spotted the bug otherwise. And yes I had a couple of bite marks on my legs.

Disney really took care of me. I was distraught, as ive never had this happen before. But they were so amazing and make sure I was taken care of. They treated ALL of my stuff and were very responsive. Had this happened somewhere else, they probably would have just laughed in my face. Lol. But I am sooo impressed with Disney.

Truly this could happen at any resort/resort level. Bed bugs don't discriminate by hotel class. They'll get into anything. And yes this has happened at the deluxe level too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter