ASMo - Drive or WDW Transport

arthur_fowler

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Just wondering from ASMo, is it better to drive & park or to catch the WDW transport?

How busy are the buses from ASMo? (will be there from 09 April)

I gather everyone would want to be on the first bus in the morning. btw. how do you know when the first bus is? I have heard 1hr before opening time is usual.

Thanks
Arthur

We found the bus service at ASMO to be wonderful! We never waited more than 10 minutes going to or coming from a park. The 10 minute wait that we did have was after Fantasmic so that was to be expected. Since we did have our car with us, we thought about driving from time to time, but we never had the need.

We have stayed at All Stars twice and have never had a reason to drive. The bus service is great!! Part of staying on-site is not having to fight with the traffic - especially at closing time. There is usually a line in the early AM but busses come often so it's not bad at all - in our experience anyway.

Have Fun!!

We never had a problem with the bus service of AlMo......it ran 10 to 15 mins for every park. It does take about 20 min to get to MK.....by its longer.........taking a bus is worth doing.......

We drove to the parks then took the bus back to the hotel for lunch and nap. Then took bus back to park in the evening. Then at night when everyone is leaving after fireworks, Illuminations, or Fantasmic we jumped in the car and went back to All Star. I had a bad experience once going home after fireworks with my kids that I didn't want repeated.
Actually at Magic Kingdom we parked at the Contempory Resort but I understand this is harder to do now with a security starting to tow.

We just stayed at the ASMov in February - we used the transportation system exclusively!! And after seeing how things are laid out down there I don't think I would ever drive.

If you are planning on going to SeaWorld you can catch the public bus (Lynx) at the Ticket & Trans Center - the information booth there has the brocures - and its only $1 per person and drops you off right in front of SW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!