Asking for opinions and suggestions

littlbugmom

DIS Veteran
Can I ask for your opinion/suggestions on our plans for our 20th anniversary trip? DH and I.....no kids this trip. We're planning on slower days and more restaurants than we normally do. Going first week in May. Staying at POP. Deluxe Dining Plan. We don't park hop.

Day 1
Flight arrives early. We have time to go to a park in the afternoon but not sure which one.
We want the day to end at Disney Springs with a nice dinner. House of Blues? STK? Boathouse?
(our Disney Springs experience is limited to Trex)

Day 2
Hollywood Studios
Brkfst---Woody's Lunch Box
Lunch---50's Prime Time
Dinner---Hollywood Brown Derby

Day 3
Magic Kingdom
Brkfst---Be Our Guest (must)
Lunch---Tony's Town Square
Dinner---Be Our Guest (want to try dinner)

Day 4
Epcot
Brkft---???
Lunch---Rose and Crown
Dinner---Yachtsman Steakhouse (looking for a great steak)

Day 5
Animal Kingdom
Brkfst---???
Lunch---Satuli Canteen
Dinner---Yak and Yeti

Day 6
Epcot before evening flight home
Brkfst---???
Lunch---???

Thanks!

Day 5 how about Tusker House for breakfast. DH and I love Tusker House. It's just the two of us and we love the variety of foods there. We don't mind the characters, either.

We always go on the Deluxe Dining plan and go with two TS meals a day, maybe with one of them being signature and that uses up most of our credits. I have gone with three full TS meals a day and it is simply too much food - I'm in the pooh sized category and say that ... And it can be very time consuming with meals taking an average of 1.5 hours. Our normal plan is something early and something late ... A few days we may to do an actual breakfast at like 10:00 or so ... then eat at 5 ... or we may do 11 and 7 ... kind of depends on where we want to eat and our other plans for the day.

Good point on the heavy back to back meals and spacing out lunch and dinner. Thanks!

As you can see, breakfast is stumping me a little. We typically do quick breakfast in our room and don't normally want to use a lot of early morning park time on a sit down breakfast.

Any ideas for the best dinner choice at Disney Springs?

Can I ask for your opinion/suggestions on our plans for our 20th anniversary trip? DH and I.....no kids this trip. We're planning on slower days and more restaurants than we normally do. Going first week in May. Staying at POP. Deluxe Dining Plan. We don't park hop.

Day 1
Flight arrives early. We have time to go to a park in the afternoon but not sure which one.
We want the day to end at Disney Springs with a nice dinner. House of Blues? STK? Boathouse?
(our Disney Springs experience is limited to Trex)

Day 2
Hollywood Studios
Brkfst---Woody's Lunch Box
Lunch---50's Prime Time
Dinner---Hollywood Brown Derby

Day 3
Magic Kingdom
Brkfst---Be Our Guest (must)
Lunch---Tony's Town Square
Dinner---Be Our Guest (want to try dinner)

Day 4
Epcot
Brkft---???
Lunch---Rose and Crown
Dinner---Yachtsman Steakhouse (looking for a great steak)

Day 5
Animal Kingdom
Brkfst---???
Lunch---Satuli Canteen
Dinner---Yak and Yeti

Day 6
Epcot before evening flight home
Brkfst---???
Lunch---???

Thanks!
For DS I would choose Ragland Road with their entertainment, if you want something quieter, then Homecoming or Morimoto

Day 2 would work if you get Salad at HBD, otherwise, I would eat early lunch and late dinner to get both and maybe split something for breakfast at woody's just to tide you over
Day 3 - I would skip Tony's - if you have to have a TS them maybe go to Plaza for a sandwich but schedule dinner late
Day 4 - I would go to Garden Grill for breakfast if you have to have a TS, otherwise, I would just go to France to get pastries for breakfast
Day 5 - I would try either Boma or Tusker house if you have to be in park
Day 6 - this is when I would do GG for breakfast and maybe Chefs du France or Spice road for lunch

That a lot of food to eat. lol

My personal opinion is that days 2 and 3 are very filling. Those are both heavy lunches proceeding fancier dinners. If it were me, I would scale back the lunch plans on those days.
To each their own, though.
50's is heavy, yes. But I totally disagree about day 3...I think its fine. You order off the menu. You dont have to order heavy meals for breakfast or lunch. I think day 3 is fine. Although personally, i'd pass on Tony's and eat someplace else. Like maybe Columbia Harbour House.

Forgot to add for day 5, for breakfast why not try Boma or Tusker House. Both are great. If youre looking to avoid characters, do Boma. Gorgeous resort.

Good point on the heavy back to back meals and spacing out lunch and dinner. Thanks!

As you can see, breakfast is stumping me a little. We typically do quick breakfast in our room and don't normally want to use a lot of early morning park time on a sit down breakfast.

Any ideas for the best dinner choice at Disney Springs?
I would continue to do a quick breakfast in the room. And then as others suggested do an early TS lunch in the park and a later Signature dinner.
For DS I would choose Paddlefish. We enjoyed it erymuch.

We have ADR for breakfast at Tusker House in AK during our trip and everything that I have read about Tusker House is great!

Day 1 Really enjoyed Raglan Road. Want to try Boathouse, Homecomin. Enjoyed Wine Bar George for an upscale glass of wine.
Day 2 a big lunch and supper, but both are good
Day 3 - Not a fan of Tonys, but have not tried it since the new chef, maybe its better.
Day 4 - looks good
Day 5 - Boma and Tusker House are good breakfast options. Yak and Yeti is good, also consider Tiffins.
Day 6 - Consider Trattoria al Fornia, haven't tried it, but read great reviews for breakfast. Lunch, love Katsura Grill, Japan,. If we are there during a festival, we just snack at the kiosks for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter