Asking for help for gktw dismeet out west!!!

nblake05

Mouseketeer
UPDATE:
Hello everyone! Please join us for our AZ DisMeet in Phoenix! It will be held OCTET 24, 25, 26. Please register and join in on the fun.
http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event?eventID=2139038986
In order for this event to happen we need 30 registrants by SEPT 10th, so don't delay!

UPDATE: The AZ Meet is going to be in Phoenix. The dates for this event are October 24th (welcome dinner at Dave and Busters), October 25th (main event, luncheon, silent auction and costume contest), and Sunday 26th (tentative trip to the Grand Canyon). Currently, Denise is working on the hotel situation, but she's already found a venue and catering for the main event. We can still use help securing items for the silent auction. If anyone is interested, please message me and I can get you a copy of the donation letter. We also have a survey we'd love potential attendees to take. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CTLQ988 We are going to open registration as soon as we can. We are still trying to figure out our overhead for the event so we no what to charge. We look forward to seeing all of you there! Hi there fellow Disers! I've been thinking a lot about the call for a GKTW DisMeet out west. I've actually had this in my head for a while now. I live just south of Tucson, AZ and I've been thinking how cool it would be to have an "old west" meet...maybe Woody and Jesse themed. We have Tombstone close by, as well as Old Tucson which is an old west theme park (I use that term loosely) and movie location, which would both be awesome places to have a meet and podcast recording! The problem is that I just have no idea where to begin... It seems such a daunting task. Are there any in other Disers in AZ? Any that would join forces with me....any with prior fundraising experience. I have none! I really think this could be a unique and special event, but thinking about the logistics sends me into a tailspin! I'm full of ideas with no clue how to make them coalesce into an actual event. I'm asking for help from anyone in AZ, as well as advice from anyone who has put together something like this before. How can we make this happen???!!!???

I have been thinking about this too, but didn't know where to begin or how to go about it. I'm in Scottsdale. If we can get a team together, I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

As it stands now... We'd be a team of two! So far no one else has responded.... I'm a bit disappointed. Someone from the NE meet offered some advice, though. What do you think about enlisting the help of service clubs like the Lions, Elks, or Junior League?

I'm not in a geographical position to help you out, but I wish you lots of luck! :thumbsup2

We (in Nova Scotia) organized our fund-raising event as we would for something like a kids hockey team and enlisted the help of many non-Dissers to make that part successful. Then when it seemed like there were enough Dissers interested in being social we incorporated a few meet-ups before and after the auction which were not fund-raising events. We kept those relatively inexpensive because we wanted the money to be focussed on the auction.

Other groups with a large number of Dissers around, organize their weekends with all the events being Dis-related. We knew that we wouldn't have enough Dissers to go that route so our auction has lots of merchandise for the non-Disser.

Keep up the online chatter and you may be surprised how many Dissers do come out in the end. :grouphug:

I think we need to reach out to Dis Unplugged Anaheim and Orlando. If they mention us and put a link on the notes page we may have more luck. Also, maybe we need to post a thread on the Disneyland forum page. I'll post on this forum for advise.

I think we need to reach out to Dis Unplugged Anaheim and Orlando. If they mention us and put a link on the notes page we may have more luck. Also, maybe we need to post a thread on the Disneyland forum page. I'll post on this forum for advise.

We've mentioned it the last two weeks on the DL show. It was in last week's show notes and I just added it to this week's.

There was a thread on the DL boards, but didn't get much response. I just bumped it, but Nicole might want to make the title a little clearer.

We've mentioned it the last two weeks on the DL show. It was in last week's show notes and I just added it to this week's. There was a thread on the DL boards, but didn't get much response. I just bumped it, but Nicole might want to make the title a little clearer.

How can I edit the title of a thread. Or should I repost.

I think we need to reach out to Dis Unplugged Anaheim and Orlando. If they mention us and put a link on the notes page we may have more luck. Also, maybe we need to post a thread on the Disneyland forum page. I'll post on this forum for advise. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes! I've been thinking this too. I need to send an email! I've just gotten caught up in some other stuff recently....my mom might have MS...so I've been a bit distracted. I'm sorry for not replying to you sooner! I plan on sending you a PM soon!

How can I edit the title of a thread. Or should I repost.

The one here is fine because people know what GKTW is here, but the one on the DL boards could use more detail.

Click on "edit", then click "advanced" and you can change the title.

Looks like you're getting a few responses over on the DL boards. :cool1:

This is a great idea! I love the theme. Send me a private message once you have the final dates and time details so I can update our official list of events. :)

Hi, I am so far behind in listening to my Podcasts that I just heard about a possible Arizona Meet. I am willing to assist, but like you I wouldn't know where to start. I live in Gilbert. I haven't searched, but has anyone who held a successful meet posted their process, and what helped make theirs so successful? I know I have searched for people who are interested in Disney pins in Arizona, and haven't seen anything. Where are all the local Disney fans? There sure were a lot of people at the D23 and Shareholder meeting in Phoenix.

Hi, I am so far behind in listening to my Podcasts that I just heard about a possible Arizona Meet. I am willing to assist, but like you I wouldn't know where to start. I live in Gilbert. I haven't searched, but has anyone who held a successful meet posted their process, and what helped make theirs so successful? I know I have searched for people who are interested in Disney pins in Arizona, and haven't seen anything. Where are all the local Disney fans? There sure were a lot of people at the D23 and Shareholder meeting in Phoenix.

Hey there!!

Much of the AZ Meet discussion has moved over to the Disneyland boards where there are more DISers from the area:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3180003

There's also a group on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/748782321818256/

Great job, all!

Please make sure you update the first post in this thread once you have a date, venue, etc. so that everyone is in the loop. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter