As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I wish I knew this thread existed last time I went to WDW - as I had changed resorts 4 times (granted I was set on my 2nd choice - CBR, until they announced the skyliner closure the whole time I was booked to be there). Finally ended up settling on Swan Reserve, once I saw they had rooms for more than $200 less / night vs Yacht Club (which was where I was booked at the time I changed it to SR)

Yup...this is me! I'm a resort switcher -holic!!! My next trip is in a week.....it was suppose to be my cheap trip! I started with a week booked at Pop. Then I switched it to 4 nights at Pop, 3 nights at Coronado CL. Then switched to 4 nights Riviera & 3 nights Coronado CL. So much for my cheap trip!

Nice to see activity in this thread my daughter and I are chronic resort switchers. We usually start off with a great deal at a deluxe and decide it is more than we want to spend and then switch a few times. Depending on our budget we usually end up at Riverside or Sports our favorites. I have a trip planned this summer with my younger daughter. We haveMovies booked and she is determined to stay there. But Riverside is always calling my name

I need to do a multi quote post but just randomly hopped onto the DIS and got an alert so I need to :grouphug:

Still a ch-ch-changer, that is the one thing that never changes. Nice to see the thread active!!!! I will update soon!!! I am planning a summer trip when my DS23 graduates boot camp. It is not a long trip to WDW from Parris Island <3

I just love this thread! It makes me so happy when I see it circulating again. I'm one of the OG's that was constantly changing & I've not changed my ways! Don't fix it if it ain't broken, right! So our current upcoming trip. We were originally set for January 2024 at YC. We were supposed to leave out on a Tuesday & the Sunday before, we tested positive for Covid. So we changed to February and could only get AKL & I wasn't satisfied with that.

Ended up changing it to May & and was able to get YC with the discount that we had. I called just out of curiosity & we could change out 5 nights at YC in May to 7 nights in September but I ended up going w/ Poly CL. We are in a resort view and I had changed it to water view but decided to save that for dining out instead.

Awwwww, so good to see the gang all here!!!! Our next trip is in June. We are at BC. I haven't been much of a "changer" over the last few years. We just kind of pick a resort and stick with it now. Last years trip was kind of disastrous b/c our younger daughter almost immediately started to not feel good and we ended up taking her to the hospital where she was diagnosed with mono and was sidelined for the rest of the trip. Hopefully, this year will go off without a hitch!

Well, for this last minute mid May stay, we went from AOA mermaid room, to Contemporary Garden View, to Boardwalk Garden View. All AP rates. Think we are done. Saw AKL AP rate a little cheaper, lately, but we like the convenience of being so close to Epcot and the sky, boat or walk to HS.

I usually don’t change resorts, but with discount, thought why not keep looking for a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter