As Always Amazing Time at Disney World - Aug 23-Sept 1st

IhrkeFamily

Mouseketeer
I can't even imagine not having a great time at Disney. And my 10th trip was no exception. Highlights of another magical time.

*Love, love, love the new Alligator Bayou rooms at POR! We hadn't been since August 2011 and were pleasantly surprised. My DS6 loved the Murphy bed. And we loved not sleeping with a kicking child. Plenty of counter space in the bathrooms to put out all our toiletries. New curtain to separate bedroom from sink area actually blocks some light. So nice to have extra space in queen bed. Extra plug ins added to accommodate all those electronic devices.
*Rapid Fill Mugs - I just don't get what all the hullabaloo is about. Was always meant to be used for just that trip. We bought 2 for our family of 5. Refilled when we needed which was easy and didn't need to refill less than 2 minutes apart. Only hope is that we can bring the cups back and purchase a new stay at a discounted price. Saw this as option at Blizzard Beach, but unsure of details.
*The Heat - What heat? People always say Disney is soooo hot in August. Heck, it was hotter in MN!!! Weather was great and I think it's all about attitude.
*Be Our Guest restaurant - Highly recommend! Our wait was about 15 minutes. Very hot that day so they had water coolers with lemon available for the guests along with umbrellas to block the sun. Great idea! The line moved very well and in an orderly fashion. And my absolute favorite part was them bringing the food to us at our table. Finally a CS that a parent can enjoy! No more juggling food and fighting crowds while searching for a table. Most relaxed meal with best food.
*CS restaurants - I learned too late to make sure the order is correct right away. Three times I received the wrong thing. I'm too hungry and don't want to wait to correct, but it would be nice to get what I ordered. Note to self, remember to check the receipt while waiting.
*Epcot World Showcase - My kids have really started to embrace this area. Started with the quest to get their stamps on their Duffy or Perry. Now they love browsing the shops and trying the yummy food. So parents, try it out! Your kids might just enjoy and you'll get to experience something wonderful.

I'll end with my number one advice to any Disney guest. Go with the flow! There are line cutters, long lines, rude people, and bored CM even at Disney. There may not be as many as other places, but the sooner you learn not to let them ruin your vacation the better. Relax and just enjoy. My favorite time of the trip was the end of the night at DHS. The weather was perfect and the DJ was playing great music. I felt so at peace looking around. I wanted to wrap it up and keep forever.

Till your next Disney dream let the magic live on every day!

So glad to read your post. We are thinking of going at almost this exact same time in 2014. My hubby and I are going to F&W in a couple weeks and are planning to book at bounceback for the free dining for August 2014. I've never been in August and have worried a bit about the weather...especially the rain. Did y'all have much rain during your trip? I know afternoon showers are common and I'm ok with that...just wouldn't want a total washout! :) How were the crowds during your time there? I've heard that late August is pretty good as far as crowds go and I'm hoping that's right! Thanks for your input...really excited about our first trip with the kids during the summer months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter