Arts of Animation pool guests....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamehello

Earning My Ears
Hello! Does anybody know....we are staying at AOA., and wanting to have a pool day. We have friends in the area not staying at a Disney resort (but at one in Disney Springs), are they able to come enjoy a pool day with us? Or are they exclusively for guests on site?

You have to tap your magic band to open the pool gate but once it's open multiple people can go in.

You have to tap your magic band to open the pool gate but once it's open multiple people can go in.

Yeah, that's not how it works.

OP - I'm not sure if the hotel allows day guests (for a fee to use pool)? I'm sure someone else here knows, but generally no, outside guests aren't allowed at resort pools.

The rule is that the pools are for resort guests only. Some pools (like SAB) have a CM scan each person's MB when entering. Last time we were at AoA, though, it was as DCLPrincess said: If you had a MB to open the gate, other people were also able to enter. IDK if they sometimes have CM's more carefully watching over who is at the AoA pool....seems risky and unethical to me to bring non resort guests inside.

How about a pool day together at one of the water parks? Totally fun and not breaking any rules.

I wasn't stating that disney allows non guests to use the pool or that it's right. I was just stating that you need a magic band to get in the pool gate.

At the deluxe resorts, there is likely a CM scanning everyone’s MB on entry. I have heard of them denying entry to kids from a family because they didn’t have MBs on.

At value resorts, they don’t usually check. But the rule is still resort guests only. So, while you CAN probably get away with it, it’s not allowed. The busier the pool is, the greater the chance a CM may ask. There are times CMs May check (or at least question you) at AoA. Even if you’re okay with breaking rules, do you really want to risk it with another family who came out just to use the pool?

All Disney resort pools are for registered guests of that resort only.

If you want your friends to be able to swim with you at AoA, you have two options:

1. Ask the lifeguard for permission for them to enter the pool area. They may say yes, they may not. It's entirely at the lifeguard's discretion.

2. If you have room on your reservation, add your friends to your reservation.

I'm going to close this now, with the reminder that discussion of ways to get around Disney policies is not permitted on the DISboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts