Artist Point - WL - character breakfast ? October 2018 ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I have read Artist Point at the WL may turn into a character meal.
What native american characters do you think may be there ?

Pocahontas and Brother Bear characters ?

Artist Point is now just dinner - would they add a breakfast and/or lunch ?

I would love to see characters at Artist Point.
I think WL is our next resort (revisit from many years ago)

Oooh Pocahontas would be amazing!! Correct me if I’m wrong but she isn’t at any other character meal. Tiger Lilly would be pretty cool too.

WL *is* the only MK-area resort without a character meal of some sort. I could definitely see a breakfast, though I think they'd want to be careful of cannibalizing the numbers at the others. So you wouldn't want just Mickey and Friends because of the overlap with Chef Mickey's. Pocahontas would be cool as a princess option, wouldn't directly compete with the other breakfast options in the area (since 1900 isn't Cinderella until dinner), and you could bring back Meeko and possibly Koda and Kenai from Brother Bear as a draw for the rare character buffs. You could also probably do a Pixar mix with Woody and Jessie and Russell and Doug without being too off theme.

sounds good - anyone else want to write in ?
Maybe WDW will read this and get some great idea's for Roaring Forks characters ;)

Not sure how to feel about this. We liked Artist Point and always thought that it was underrated. I would hate to see the quality go down in favor of churning out meals to people who will buy the experience of a character meal regardless of the food.

At the same time if this comes to fruition I can see why, from Disney's standpoint at least. Hopefully if so, they will do a breakfast or breakfast/lunch, and leave dinner as a Signature experience.

Not sure how to feel about this. We liked Artist Point and always thought that it was underrated. I would hate to see the quality go down in favor of churning out meals to people who will buy the experience of a character meal regardless of the food.

At the same time if this comes to fruition I can see why, from Disney's standpoint at least. Hopefully if so, they will do a breakfast or breakfast/lunch, and leave dinner as a Signature experience.
That's exactly our opinion, it was one of the more secluded quiet signature restaurants in WDW which is one of the reasons we really loved it. I'm very sure when it becomes a character meal the food quality will drop like a rock.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

A Character BREAKFAST at AP would only be a plus, as the location does not currently SERVE Breakfast.
A Character DINNER, however, just means that my wife and I will no longer GO to AP. One can have Characters, or Fine Dining - not both.

WDW can rescue this situation by actually TELLING us what they intend to do. As of this posting? STILL no Dinner Reservations past Oct 28 (I checked this evening) :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

A Character BREAKFAST at AP would only be a plus, as the location does not currently SERVE Breakfast.
A Character DINNER, however, just means that my wife and I will no longer GO to AP. One can have Characters, or Fine Dining - not both.

WDW can rescue this situation by actually TELLING us what they intend to do. As of this posting? STILL no Dinner Reservations past Oct 28 (I checked this evening) :(.

I agree. I believe the reason Disney has not released any information is because they are still trying to come to some sort of decision. I love character meals and I would go to AP for breakfast if there was a meal there that had characters that were a draw for me or my family. The classics would not even be a blip on my radar because given a choice betwee WL and any other character meal destination, I will go anywhere else. WL is stunning but a dog to get to. Any character meal there would need to have some rare characters not available elsewhere, however if they did this, it would be booming.

I would never go for a character dinner. No matter who was there. For my family, there needs to be a decent balance between character dining and conventional meals, especially given that most character dining is some sort of buffet or AYCTE meal. I do think there could be a lovely balance if there was ONE special character you met on the way in to the restaurant, leaving the character M&G chaos behind after that. CRT used to manage this at dinnertime, and BOG does something like this now.

It seems logical to to character for breakfast seeing as they’re not making any money with it not operating during those hours. Problem is if it’s successful it might just overtake it for all 3 meals. Slippery slope

We went to a Pocahontas/John Smith character breakfast at ArtistnPoint about 20 years ago. My girls loved it. We would return to a character meal at Artist Point in a heartbeat if they offered it again. Sadly, we just don't like their current menu offerings and we are not limited by our palette ..... just personal choice.

I believe the character breakfast out at Grand Californian @ Storytellers Cafe had some characters mentioned here- specifically Brother Bear's Kenai & Koda, Meeko, and Chip & Dale. Brer Fox was a "sometimes" from what I've heard. This has been replaced just as of a week or two ago if I'm not mistaken with a more traditional "Mickey's Adventure" breakfast theme- with the typical "gang." Perhaps they're going to shop those Brother Bear costumes out to WL? Joking.. (sort of.. maybe not?).

Back in the mid 90's AP had a Pocahontas and Friends Character Breakfast. Our kids enjoyed that one. That was then replaced by a Winnie the Poo and Friends, and our kids loved that even more.
I think have a character breakfast is a good idea. I don't have a problem with them even doing a lunch with characters. I just hope they leave supper alone. I think turning dinner into a character meal would be a big mistake.

So again? WDW - would you PLEASE communicate with your customers? Have MONEY - wish to GIVE IT TO YOU.
But all current data on your official Website indicates that Artist Point, as a RESTAURANT, for anything, DIES on October 29, 2019.

....and we have planned accordingly.

PLEASE? Hire SOMEONE that gets basic Public Relations. just hate to see a company loosing a load of cash, due to basic communication issues :(.
We love you - but BOY, can you be brain Dead :(. AP: TALK, or plan on AP being DEAD for (likely) a year or two :(. We worry about this, as we know the Current Proprietor... the poor Lady must be terrified :(.

So again? WDW - would you PLEASE communicate with your customers? Have MONEY - wish to GIVE IT TO YOU.
But all current data on your official Website indicates that Artist Point, as a RESTAURANT, for anything, DIES on October 29, 2019.

....and we have planned accordingly.

PLEASE? Hire SOMEONE that gets basic Public Relations. just hate to see a company loosing a load of cash, due to basic communication issues :(.
We love you - but BOY, can you be brain Dead :(. AP: TALK, or plan on AP being DEAD for (likely) a year or two :(. We worry about this, as we know the Current Proprietor... the poor Lady must be terrified :(.
For all the Disney does right, this is one area in which they suffer greatly. Communication of any decision that may seem to generate a negative response is simply not shared. We have seen this time and again, especially in regards to resort construction and that impact on guests experience. Disney gets slammed, goes into damage control, and then they are off to the races again.

The silence regarding AP is strange, even by Disney standards though. People are booking Holiday meals, planning their experiences around ADR's and resort visits, and have not been given even the basic courtesy concerning dining options at AP. If Disney cannot decide what to do, say that, but stop hedging bets.

Just because I tend to seethe beneath my calm exterior and need some release, let me add that I've contacted three separate people twice (so far) about AP beyond Oct 28, and the response has been underwhelming--not surprisingly. (For several weeks, the drop dead date was 21 Oct but then the following week magically appeared.) I have gotten two calls from a guest services rep, and both of them cited all of my emails including a blind cc to one of the people I contacted. Their responses were tepid at best: "We appreciate your passion for AP; we don't know what's going on; only listen to official Disney outlets for news since all else is rumor." Yes, yes, yes, I know all this. However, in the vacuum of no news, of course people will turn to other sources, and some of these are quite reliable. If no rumors ever came true, then no one would listen to them. The truth is that many rumors turn out to be factual down the road. We tease about bus drivers, CMs in remote places, and friends of friends of CMs, yet these stories often turn out to have at least a kernel of truth. In the absence of any news by Disney, and given how often their decisions leave us scratching our heads, we definitely turn to other sources. Thus, the latest, hottest rumor is that AP will turn to characters for all three meals, a move which would lead to a deluxe resort that is also home to two DVC resorts having no Signature restaurant. So, echoing Dean Marino here, prove me wrong Disney. Say something. Anything. Make a move. Make a gesture. Give us some information. I have found over the years that Disney is more than willing to part with news if it makes them sound good, progressive, and the leading edge in entertainment parks. When the news is unsettling or will likely be unpopular with a host of people, they say nothing until the last minute.

Somewhere along the line, a few people made some serious planning and marketing mistakes in regards to WL. They chose to build Geyser Point, and they appear to want to shut down their only Signature at the Lodge. Instead of spending a little extra money to make GP a Signature on the water and then expanding AP to all day character meals--I know, I know, Disney can hardly afford to spend money, poor thing--they have a bar and grill that makes you wait to be seated, no longer serves breakfast, and lacks an identity. . .and AP is shutting down for an undetermined amount of time. Meanwhile, and somewhat related, Roaring Fork now has a reduced menu with subpar quality overall. Again, Disney, what am I missing here? Who is running this show? In the immortal words of Dr. Frasier Crane, "I'm listening."

sounds good - anyone else want to write in ?
Maybe WDW will read this and get some great idea's for Roaring Forks characters ;)
My husband and I had a family style character breakfast there in about 1997 I think. I onlybtemember talking to Captsin John Smith
I waved the other characters away to go entertain the kids!
John was a riot told us he’d been
Picking berries (they were included) the day before with Pocahontas and was out too late at the tavern with the
Boys!

Just because I tend to seethe beneath my calm exterior and need some release, let me add that I've contacted three separate people twice (so far) about AP beyond Oct 28, and the response has been underwhelming--not surprisingly. (For several weeks, the drop dead date was 21 Oct but then the following week magically appeared.) I have gotten two calls from a guest services rep, and both of them cited all of my emails including a blind cc to one of the people I contacted. Their responses were tepid at best: "We appreciate your passion for AP; we don't know what's going on; only listen to official Disney outlets for news since all else is rumor." Yes, yes, yes, I know all this. However, in the vacuum of no news, of course people will turn to other sources, and some of these are quite reliable. If no rumors ever came true, then no one would listen to them. The truth is that many rumors turn out to be factual down the road. We tease about bus drivers, CMs in remote places, and friends of friends of CMs, yet these stories often turn out to have at least a kernel of truth. In the absence of any news by Disney, and given how often their decisions leave us scratching our heads, we definitely turn to other sources. Thus, the latest, hottest rumor is that AP will turn to characters for all three meals, a move which would lead to a deluxe resort that is also home to two DVC resorts having no Signature restaurant. So, echoing Dean Marino here, prove me wrong Disney. Say something. Anything. Make a move. Make a gesture. Give us some information. I have found over the years that Disney is more than willing to part with news if it makes them sound good, progressive, and the leading edge in entertainment parks. When the news is unsettling or will likely be unpopular with a host of people, they say nothing until the last minute.

Somewhere along the line, a few people made some serious planning and marketing mistakes in regards to WL. They chose to build Geyser Point, and they appear to want to shut down their only Signature at the Lodge. Instead of spending a little extra money to make GP a Signature on the water and then expanding AP to all day character meals--I know, I know, Disney can hardly afford to spend money, poor thing--they have a bar and grill that makes you wait to be seated, no longer serves breakfast, and lacks an identity. . .and AP is shutting down for an undetermined amount of time. Meanwhile, and somewhat related, Roaring Fork now has a reduced menu with subpar quality overall. Again, Disney, what am I missing here? Who is running this show? In the immortal words of Dr. Frasier Crane, "I'm listening."

I agree, this entire debacle is odd. My friend went to WL a few weeks ago to determine if buying a DVC contract there was a fit for her. I did warn her that the dining options were "in the air" which she knew. She said it just felt "off" there. No contract for her. I am not at all sure that DIsney knows what to do to make this lodge viable again. Honestly, a deluxe resort without multiple dinign options readily available is not going to be a draw when there are so many others to choose from, and a purchasing DVC contract with that resort as Home would not even be in the cards for most people.
This is just sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!