Artist Point Snow White dinner, some good but mostly disappointing

cedricandsophie

DIS Veteran
we did the character dinner at Artist point last night

It’s not a buffet. You share appetizers and dessert and each person orders an entree. The apps were good. And the entree was good. I had prime rib and it was perfectly done medium rare and had good flavor. The desserts were overly sweet and I didn’t care for them.

Snow White, grumpy and dopey come around to the tables for pictures. And the wicked witch poses for pictures at one spot.

So what’s not to like?

The price is $55 adult. And for that price point they don’t offer bread. I asked for it and was told, well you get appetizers. Do I need bread? Of course not. But for that price they should be able to provide a few pennies worth of rolls. Seems very cheap.

The ambiance. For those like us who always loved artist point for that magnificent room, it’s gone. The murals and high ceilings are covered by cheap fake trees and leaves. Very disappointing. My husbands first words were, well they hAve really junked it up! Very true.

Tables In wonderland. Artist point always accepted TIW and all the other character meals do as well as most signature restaurants in the resorts, the parks and at Disney Springs. But the new artist point no longer does. Yes they accept DVC card but again it’s just disappointing that Disney can charge 55 a person plus a minimum of $45 for s bottle of wine and not be willing to accept TIW. I’m not sure their rationale other than saving a few dollars.

I have two disabled adult daughters who loved it. So it’s good we went. But unlike Ohana or park fare which we love and go to at least once a trip we will never return. And we will always miss the traditional and beautiful Artist Point.

Well I have no choice. The 18 and 10 year old girls both want to eat there. Now I do think that Disney could balance the needs of those of us with children and have enough places that just adults could enjoy.

Thanks for your review. I was on the fence about this, but now not even going to try for an ADR. I'm glad to have eaten at AP last year. I am going to miss the mushroom soup!

Thank You for this post. Artist Point was one of a favorite places to have a relaxing dinner. The room was Grand and matched the Lodge feel well. We had thought it might be worth a try "just to see" how they changed it besides adding characters. It won't be on on to do list for this falls trip. The management changes made recently don't seem to be sitting well with revisiting guests.

Thank You for this post. Artist Point was one of a favorite places to have a relaxing dinner. The room was Grand and matched the Lodge feel well. We had thought it might be worth a try "just to see" how they changed it besides adding characters. It won't be on on to do list for this falls trip. The management changes made recently don't seem to be sitting well with revisiting guests.

I could not agree more! We used to adore Artist Point, so sad.:(

It. Is not the old AP, that much is true. WHat also is true is that AP was failing and failing fast. The room was not filled, and it was not holding its own. I know that a fine restaurant like AP is a loss, however in order to keep it alive there needs to be more than one core group of loyal patrons. It was nto even drawing enough diners from WL to keep it alive, never mind keep it thriving.

My family dined at the new Storybook meal the first week it opened. We enjoyed it. We definately know the difference between a fine dining experience and a nice character meal, and di dnto go in expecting signature food. It was good though, and the service was excellent. Teh characters were awesome, and since I am a character junkie, and my sweet hubby answers to "Grumpy", we both were in Grumpy heaven.

I woudl not boycott the restaurant, but I woudl not hold it to the same standard the original AP was held to.

We really enjoyed the Storybook Dining. It was very Disney themed for us and we loved that! Our food was very good, we all tried a different entree and all were very delicious! The characters were awesome, they took time with each table and the Evil Queen was beautiful and frightening all at the same time. I know it is not for everyone but we had a wonderful experience!

My daughter and I went last week and loved it! I had never gone to AP before so I have no prior reference. We enjoyed the apps, to my surprise I really liked the winter squash soup. The mashed potatoes with the prime rib were divine, but I love horseradish. I wasn't a fan of the gooseberry pie, but the desserts were beautiful and definitely created with the gram in mind. It is an experience, the Queen was absolutely wonderful and made the experience for us. I would do it again, but I love villains!

I think this is the key point here. Fans of AP should not see this an AP replacement. Sadly it is not, but it certainly can be enjoyed for what it is now, a character experience.

It is a lovely character meal, and one that is not chaotic in the way CP or CM is. I know that people who patronized AP are upset that this experience replaced that experience, but sadly, there simply were not enough guests to keep that restaurant viable. I believe that the meal was nice, the character experience fun, and that we got what we paid for. We knew it was not signature dining and we did not expect it. I believe that the management did the best they could to keep the meal from becoming a circus and in that endeavor, they have been successful.

I have never eaten at AP, so I won't have that comparison in the back of my mind to take away from our upcoming experience. It sounds like the food was decent, for the most part, at least. Since it will be our first ADR this trip, that is important to us. Thanks for your review.

So sorry you did not enjoy it. It is the first add I made this morning at our 180 + 9. We tried the old AP many times. Being from cattle country, we were often disappointed in the steaks, and more than once I told the chefs at Sunshine seasons that their salmon was far better than Artist Point. I am looking forward to the new take, and am sure we will at least enjoy the experience.

As of now, the menu has changed slightly. There is no more butternut squash soup. It has been replaced with mushroom soup. Some are saying it is the one from Artist Point. And the pies have been replaced with a chicken terrine. The shrimp is the same as are the main courses. I'm sorry, I can't remember what they said about dessert.

I have never eaten at AP, so I won't have that comparison in the back of my mind to take away from our upcoming experience. It sounds like the food was decent, for the most part, at least. Since it will be our first ADR this trip, that is important to us. Thanks for your review.

Not much experience to compare it to others at Disney, but I did do the new character dinner. I thought our food was wonderful. I think the room looks lovely but I do get it doesn't hold to its lovely its craftsman esque roots. It looks MUCH nicer after the sun sets.

I really enjoyed the sharing aspect of the apps and the dessert. I didn'tmind the lack of bread since the meal was already more than a large enough portion. In fact, I think I prefer it. (I have no self control when it comes to good bread!) The kids' apps came with bread which was nice.

My adult daughter and I went in January. For those worried that children are running around, this was not at all the case! It was as if families know this is an adult restaurant. Other than having a table in a poor location, the food, service, and ambiance were lovely. A highlight was actually the happy expression a neighboring child had as Dopey approached!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter