Artist Point review 8/31/06

Dorisk3

DIS Veteran
Since Artist Point seems to be not getting the best reviews lately- I wanted to make sure I posted our opinions from our recent dinner there.

We had a reservation for 7:00 and came a bit early- no problem- plenty of tables. As far as dress code, we saw everything- even though it was posted at the front desk. I saw both park casual and well dressed folks.

I really enjoyed all our food selections. Being a real cheese lover, I started with the artisan cheeses. The cheeses came with some crisp rounds of bread and nice sweet accompaniments (sp?) like poached raisins and cranberries. My DH had the new appy (not listed on allears yet)- heirloom tomatoes with crabmeat (can't remember the exact name). The tomatoes were wonderful and it came in a stack with a little mixed mesclun and a lump of crabmeat at the top.

For entrees I had the beef tenderloin- medium- they cooked it a tad bit more than medium- which was perfect for me. It was soft and flavorful and came with a very nice blue cheese fritter- wish they had thrown another one on the plate- it went very well with the beef. DH had the buffalo steak- which he really loved- cooked medium. He loved the sweet potato gratin and onions on the top- the sweetness went well with the sweetness of the buffalo.

For dessert I had the coffee both ways- basically a mocha bread pudding (very rich, good , not too overpowering coffee/mocha flavor) and a creme brulee which had a wonderful coffee flavored custard. The top wasn't really crunchy- but was still sweet and delicious! DH had the berry cobbler. He loved the sorbet and berries- left some of the cobbler behind. The cobbler is more of a muffin like consistency (reminded me of CRT lunch dessert).

We both enjoyed all our food there. We were on the meal plan so maybe we weren't as picky as someone paying out of pocket. The food was spaced fairly well- not too quick- could have been slightly slower- but still alright. By the time we left around 8:30 it was pretty much full- many families eating there (with very well behaved kids I might add- ours were at the Cub's Den ;) - nuff said!!)

Not having anything to compare to (we had never eaten at AP before) - I would say we had a wonderful meal and really enjoyed the food. If you've made a ressie there, don't be scared to give it a try- you will most probably love it!

Thanks Dorisk3 for your reviews. We are eating here on our last night in Oct. and I cannot wait!! I will be sad, though, since we will be leaving the next day. We have not eaten here in years and are really looking forward to it. Your reviews were extremely helpful. Glad you had a good time.

We've always enjoyed our dinners at Artist Point too! We just ate here in June and the food was very good. We were with some friends who were celebrating an anniversary, and they had "Congratulations to Bruce & Amy on your Anniversary" at the bottom of our menus!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm a little OCB (behavior, not disorder :)) so I've already planned everything I'm going to eat - and between you and your DH, you covered it all! Thanks for a review that lets me know I made a GOOD decision!

Thanks for writing about a positive experience. After reading some other reviews I was worried maybe I made a bad choice for an ADR. Im really interested in the wild game portion of the menu but Im still hoping DFiancee will find food of interest there also.

Thanx for the review. We love AP. It's is one of the best. We went on a binge of AP for a couple years where we ate there 2-3 a trip. Then we didn't go for awhile. Went back last year & it was still just as good.

We have an ADR for here during our upcoming trip, and frankly can't wait to try everything you mentioned....my mouth is watering as I type this!!!

Thanks again for the great review! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter