Artist Point for kids?

MedeirosH

Earning My Ears
Hi
I was wondering of timing for kids how much interaction with characters break up the wait time for courses
Thanks

Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy roam around. No rhyme or reason to when they will get to your table. The could be at a table right next to yours, then take a break and when they go back, they are at the other side of the restaurant! CMs do know more or less when you arrived and make sure they will get to you mostly within an hour.

Something different with Storybook compared to other character meals is that.....

1) Every 20 minutes or so, a voice will come over the loud speaker announcing a special dance by Snow White and the dwarfs and they dance around the restaurant. Everyone is welcome to join in the dance, by their table...its not a march around like Akershus or Ohana breakfast.

2) To get a photo op with the evil queen, you are, at some point, summoned to go visit her at a specific location in the restaurant. Just as the fork is about to enter your mouth, you could be summoned and you MUST obey her wishes!

So basically, there is no real down time at dinner.

This was our favorite meal with our kids (1 and 2). Food arrived quickly, and since the appetizers and desserts are shared courses the only thing you have to pick is your main course. We were actually traveling with an adult who is vegan, and even though they had different apps/desserts, there was no extra wait time. From arrival to departure we were there for about an hour and twenty minutes. The character interactions were amazing. Have fun!

This was our favorite meal with our kids (1 and 2). Food arrived quickly, and since the appetizers and desserts are shared courses the only thing you have to pick is your main course. We were actually traveling with an adult who is vegan, and even though they had different apps/desserts, there was no extra wait time. From arrival to departure we were there for about an hour and twenty minutes. The character interactions were amazing. Have fun!

Thank you for this! My DGS does well at meals but we were only able to get this at 7:30 on our last day and I was worried that it would take longer longer than he could reasonably handle!

We had a nice experience at Artist Point with a baby, preschooler, and toddler. In general, plan on 60-90 minutes for the meal if you want to be sure to see all the characters. I've finished character meals in less time, but as others have said the characters don't show up at an appointed time during your meal. I've definitely found myself waiting for them hoping my kids could hold on a little longer.

We had a nice experience at Artist Point with a baby, preschooler, and toddler. In general, plan on 60-90 minutes for the meal if you want to be sure to see all the characters. I've finished character meals in less time, but as others have said the characters don't show up at an appointed time during your meal. I've definitely found myself waiting for them hoping my kids could hold on a little longer.

If you have a later reservation, say 835 and they close at 9 are you much more rush at the end of dinner?

If you have a later reservation, say 835 and they close at 9 are you much more rush at the end of dinner?

No, you are never rushed. If the restaurant closes at 9, the ADR's are open until that time, so they plan for you.

This was DS's favorite meal last week - we were lucky (IMHO) and were seated right next to the Evil Queen's area so got to watch her big entrance and she was there almost the entire time we were eating - got to see a lot of great interactions between her and the guests.

This was probably the best meal we had of the trip food wise with way more hits than misses.

DS loved the dessert box they bring out at the end with the dry ice effect - he ate every bit of the hearts and the candy corn (and he is not a eater! especially sweets!) I make caramel corn at home and this the first time I've had any to beat mine - it was GOOD!

Characters all stopped by quickly - except Dopey - he visited last table in our area then walked away. I could tell that he just didn't see us with that costume head on - it did take a while for him to come back - our waitress waited to bring out the final dessert item until he did. But all was well in the end.

Great interactions with the queen when it was our turn and great photos!!! DS bowed to her and she told him she was glad to see him showing the proper respect! LOL

All in all we were there 90 minutes - would have been less without having to wait on Dopey. The characters seemed like they were constantly roaming about plus the song thing previously mentioned. It was dinner and a show!

This was DS's favorite meal last week - we were lucky (IMHO) and were seated right next to the Evil Queen's area so got to watch her big entrance and she was there almost the entire time we were eating - got to see a lot of great interactions between her and the guests.

This was probably the best meal we had of the trip food wise with way more hits than misses.

DS loved the dessert box they bring out at the end with the dry ice effect - he ate every bit of the hearts and the candy corn (and he is not a eater! especially sweets!) I make caramel corn at home and this the first time I've had any to beat mine - it was GOOD!

Characters all stopped by quickly - except Dopey - he visited last table in our area then walked away. I could tell that he just didn't see us with that costume head on - it did take a while for him to come back - our waitress waited to bring out the final dessert item until he did. But all was well in the end.

Great interactions with the queen when it was our turn and great photos!!! DS bowed to her and she told him she was glad to see him showing the proper respect! LOL

All in all we were there 90 minutes - would have been less without having to wait on Dopey. The characters seemed like they were constantly roaming about plus the song thing previously mentioned. It was dinner and a show!

what is ds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter